Video: Farang goes viral dancing to Thai music at a funeral

webfact

I knew enough to ask the wife if this was out align and impolite at a funeral !

She says many Thai's , are going away from a solemn sad mourning to a joyous representation of mourning  .It's obvious this guy knew the Thai family and was allowed to show his respects in his way.  

Edited by riclag

a couple of years back, I was  down south,, looking at temples.. when i came across a funeral,, as I passed by,, an old lady invited me to join them,, sat me down,  explained everything,  introduced me to the family and invited me to the food after,, it was all a party atmosphere.. I was some what  surprised,, they even took selfies after.. no.. not with the body ,,, lol ... so this would not surprise me 

13 hours ago, Matzzon said:

23 years and counting, as they asked very content in Thailand.

I now the cultural code, and this man was breaking it. The End! Then you might be Rooster or who ever you like to present yourself as.

Perhaps you could enlighten me as to this "cultural code" that you "now". If it is written down somewhere I would be fascinated to read it. 

It may help me with my own cultural understanding which in the light of your pronouncement seems to be severely lacking. 

Rooster

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/16/2019 at 9:48 AM, Matzzon said:

What a total douchebag. Appearently he have no clue about that that he is dancing to music played at a burial ceremony, or he is just one of those despicable persons that just do not care about his behaviour.

When I see this bad behaviour and disrespect to Thai culture, tradition and people I truly feel ashamed being a person of the caucasian race.

so should HE be deported???

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

so should HE be deported???

I was at a funeral recently and during the chanting in strolled a few wagging tailed dogs. One sat down front and centre and proceeded to give its nuts a good licking.  Nobody thought anything from the Thai side. Certainly seen the lottery hawkers in there, and people arriving in vehicles with the music blaring. None of these disturbed the deceased. 

23 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

No, why would you ask a stupid thing like that? He have not been breaking the law, and this area is not for immigration to get involved in.

Why would he ask that, because you are the bloke that wants farangs on a 14 DAY overstay to be deported, thats why.....????........Totally daft....

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I was at a funeral recently and during the chanting in strolled a few wagging tailed dogs. One sat down front and centre and proceeded to give its nuts a good licking.  Nobody thought anything from the Thai side. Certainly seen the lottery hawkers in there, and people arriving in vehicles with the music blaring. None of these disturbed the deceased. 

Clarification, I assume it was one of the Dogs licking its nuts, not the handler?

On 12/16/2019 at 6:04 PM, Baerboxer said:

Agreed.

Look drunk or maybe on drugs? The fat farang who walks by and talks to him also dressed inappropriately.

So embarrassing when Thai people think all farangs are like this.

It looked like the other farang had a quiet word with him, but he went ahead anyway. 

On 12/16/2019 at 9:48 AM, Matzzon said:

What a total douchebag. Appearently he have no clue about that that he is dancing to music played at a burial ceremony, or he is just one of those despicable persons that just do not care about his behaviour.

When I see this bad behaviour and disrespect to Thai culture, tradition and people I truly feel ashamed being a person of the caucasian race.

Go and tell some poor locals here about the hardships of being ashamed of being white.

Nothing endears 'farangs' to locals better than being a self-loathing 'farang' who flagellates himself over and over again. 

24 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Go and tell some poor locals here about the hardships of being ashamed of being white.

Nothing endears 'farangs' to locals better than being a self-loathing 'farang' who flagellates himself over and over again. 

Why would I do that? Seems to me you have extensive knowledge about the reaction when engaging in such behaviour, which makes me think you have personal experience.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Why would I do that? Seems to me you have extensive knowledge about the reaction when engaging in such behaviour, which makes me think you have personal experience.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

You're the one who posts it over and over again. Not me. 

• Like 1