Video: Farang goes viral dancing to Thai music at a funeral

webfact

14 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

You too, buddy. Don't let the white guilt ruin your day. 

You do not seem to understand that this has nothing to do with white, black, yellow or any other color. It has to do with respectful behaviour. I just used that expression because I belong to to the same caucasian race, and felt embarrassed to see him making a fool out of himself.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

You do not seem to understand that this has nothing to do with white, black, yellow or any other color. It has to do with respectful behaviour. I just used that expression because I belong to to the same caucasian race, and felt embarrassed to see him making a fool out of himself.

Yea, I'm not reading that. Have a nice day and thanks for sharing. 

35 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Yea, I'm not reading that. Have a nice day and thanks for sharing. 

It was not sharing. It was an explaination of what you read before you started posting replies to me today, that you appearently did not understand. Anyway, now I konw why, due to that you just admitted you are not reading things you reply to.

32 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The only thing that you need to feel embarrassed about is that you have waxed lyrical, throughout this thread on Thai culture and what Thai people think when, as several posters have politely pointed out to you, you clearly know nothing about the subject. You couldn't have got it more wrong. Stop embarrassing yourself.

I will just take an example for you. Some posters here told me that there are load music, gambling and a lot of alcohol on Thai funerals. Yes, it is. I´ve never posted that it´s not. I have also never posted that there is no dancing at Thai funeral-parties, like they also call them.

However, what is embarrassing here is that the foreigner is totally out of place. You do not stand alone, <deleted> drunk and dance in the temple area behind the chairs where people should sit and pay their respect. When dancing occurs in the temple area, that will be if people walk around the temple in lines dancing. In all other cases the dancing, boozing, gambling and playing loud music is done in the homes of the dead people or their relatives.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

It was not sharing. It was an explaination of what you read before you started posting replies to me today, that you appearently did not understand. Anyway, now I konw why, due to that you just admitted you are not reading things you reply to.

I will just take an example for you. Some posters here told me that there are load music, gambling and a lot of alcohol on Thai funerals. Yes, it is. I´ve never posted that it´s not. I have also never posted that there is no dancing at Thai funeral-parties, like they also call them.

However, what is embarrassing here is that the foreigner is totally out of place. You do not stand alone, <deleted> drunk and dance in the temple area behind the chairs where people should sit and pay their respect. When dancing occurs in the temple area, that will be if people walk around the temple in lines dancing. In all other cases the dancing, boozing, gambling and playing loud music is done in the homes of the dead people or their relatives.

Have a nice day. Thanks for sharing. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

The funeral at that point was taking place elswhere in the temple at the time of the video. Probably indoors with the refridgerated coffin. Note the empty chairs.

Just 2 tourists visiting the temple and taking a break out of sight of the mourners. Check out Thai Netizens view of the video, a tough crowd, funny and cute, nothing derogatory.

And yes, I have seen Thais dancing and boozing at a funeral, within the confines of the wat. It really doesn't sound like you've ever been to a Thai funeral.

I once went to a funeral near Pattaya and a bunch of gogo girls started dancing. Party time.

Edited by DannyCarlton

14 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The funeral at that point was taking place elswhere in the temple at the time of the video. Probably indoors with the refridgerated coffin. Note the empty chairs.

Just 2 tourists visiting the temple and taking a break out of sight of the mourners. Check out Thai Netizens view of the video, a tough crowd, funny and cute, nothing derogatory.

And yes, I have seen Thais dancing and boozing at a funeral, within the confines of the wat. It really doesn't sound like you've ever been to a Thai funeral.

I once went to a funeral near Pattaya and a bunch of gogo girls started dancing. Party time.

You seem to associate with very strange people. It´s not what you have seen that is important. It is what is the custom and the right thing to do that is.

However, you are entitled to your opinion as well as I am to mine. Let´s leave it with that.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Have a nice day. Thanks for sharing. 

Oh, you misunderstood again. It was only the two first sentences in the first paragraph that was regarding you. Not much to say thanks for, but I appreciate you polite way of profiling yourself.

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Oh, you misunderstood again. It was only the two first sentences in the first paragraph that was regarding you. Not much to say thanks for, but I appreciate you polite way of profiling yourself.

Have a nice day, Thanks for sharing. 

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

Something you clearly know nothing about.

Or maybe it might be that you are doing like you want and always walk your own way, like many others here that can´t adjust to a simple and peaceful life in Thailand.

(It was you that couldn´t leave it and respect that we have different opinions)

Edited by Matzzon

16 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Or maybe it might be that you are doing like you want and always walk your own way, like many others here that can´t adjust to a simple and peaceful life in Thailand.

(It was you that couldn´t leave it and respect that we have different opinions)

I think you should have a long sit down in front of a mirror. Your stuff shows up on many threads and you still haven't sussed out why you don't like replies to that stuff....????

• Thanks 2

Apparently Thais dance at funerals too ! (Note - the linked story is in Thai and Google translate does a <deleted> job of translating it):
https://www.77kaoded.com/content/1052469
2019-11-27_20-53-55.png

2019-11-27_20-54-25.png

2019-11-27_20-46-57.png

They call her "big girl" in the article and she apparently claimed that a spirit had entered her body and made her dance so that makes it OK (don't want to <deleted> off those spirits after all) !

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 9:18 AM, DrPhibes said:

Yup, that is what I want at my cremation, but he had better pick up the pace as he would be dancing to "One Step Beyond" by Bad Manners.  And, yes I am old enough to remember the show financed by an Aluminium (for you Brits) company!

One step beyond was by madness. 

Special Brew by bad manners now that is a good funeral tune

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...