BANGKOK
carlyai

Where to park my 800000 Baht?

I keep my retirement extension money in a term deposit in a Thai bank. 

I would like to maximise my return on this investment and would like to know what others have done, and where to get the best rate of return.

I use 6 month term deposits, staggered to mature every three months. I get a slightly better rate of interest than if I use 3 month term deposits.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daffy D said:

I leave mine in a deposit account, year round.

If you have your money somewhere else you'll have to put it back into a bank account in your name every year.

Don't seem like it's worth the trouble.

Trouble? One transfer out and then one back in every year. 

• Like 1

THE QUESTION!!!!!! is it possible to arrange a monthly income from deposit 800.000. i mean every month you send to account bank 70.000 thai baht its your income pension !! got it ???do we have to prouve from where the money come from ???? or just having 70.000 thia baht coming every month in bank account ??? got my point ????

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, thaiboss said:

THE QUESTION!!!!!! is it possible to arrange a monthly income from deposit 800.000. i mean every month you send to account bank 70.000 thai baht its your income pension !! got it ???do we have to prouve from where the money come from ???? or just having 70.000 thia baht coming every month in bank account ??? got my point ????

AFAIK Immigration is making life very difficult for the users of the income method, as they prefer the 800K deposit method. Different offices are applying different standards of proof, just to complicate the issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Trouble? One transfer out and then one back in every year.

Well depends what kind of life you have.

You will have to transfer every year 3 months ahead of your renewal date for seasoning, then some Immigration offices want to see the money still in your account up to 3 months after your renewal.

That means money in your "Extra High Returns" deposit is only actually there for only half the year, then consider any transfer fees 2 times a year and time spent at the bank and all that.

As I said depends what kind of life you have.

:smile: 

• Like 1