Hanging wires: Four injured as motorcyclist's neck gets entangled

webfact

Hanging wires: Four injured as motorcyclist's neck gets entangled

7pm7.jpg

Picture: CH7

Thailand's infamous hanging wires are in the news again. 

Thai TV Channel 7 reported that a 23 year old woman was on a motorcycle going down Thay Ban Soi 40 in Muang district of Samut Prakan.

On the back was her 16 year old sister, her three year old son and a 7 month old relative. 

The neck and handlebars of the bike got entangled in the wires and they were all thrown off suffering serious injuries. 

The 7 month old infant is in the most serious condition and needs a brain scan.

The mother of the rider said that the person who is responsible for the cables needs to come forward. 

It is thought they came down after being hit by trucks that use the soi. 

Source: TV Channel 7

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-16
  • Sad 4

More than once I've had to do a walk around of low cables over sidewalks as a pedestrian, thinking of 2nd road Jomtien. And then there is the broken concrete post about 2/3s up, near Family Mart & SCB bank on beach road. Only thing holding it up (and pulling it down) are the 100s of wires. TIT

5 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Those hanging wires are disasters waiting to happen, someone in the public administration should give them some serious thought.

This has happened 4 or 5 times in the last 12 months with deaths.

Every time loud insistence that the relevant authority will take action so it can't happen again.

As always no action...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

This has happened 4 or 5 times in the last 12 months with deaths.

Every time loud insistence that the relevant authority will take action so it can't happen again.

As always no action...

Shameful as it is, the only thing we can do is paying a lot of attention, being the stray dogs, the inconsiderate driving style, or the hanging wires, these roads are a death trap.

5 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, you know, not everybody can afford a SUV, people are doing the best they can with their limited finances.

No, you're right.

But I guarantee that Mum has an expensive phone, big TV and I wonder how much th M.bike cost.

Not to mention what her husband/family has...

But on her 'limited' finances, she couldn't afford 250B helmets for the kids, eh?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, wgdanson said:

It is the mother who needs a brain scan to see if there is one in there plus a trip to Specsavers ! 2 adults and 2 kids on one bike, ridiculous.

don’t like, get back to Your “bubble wrap” country, mate!!! nothing wrong anywhere in asia ride entire family on single motorbike..... i surprised: nobody not mentioned crash helmet or some protection for rider neck..... when <deleted> happened: even best in the world  body armour or helmet doesn’t  help..... Thailand full of traps and we decide to take a huge risk...... 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Emdog said:

More than once I've had to do a walk around of low cables over sidewalks as a pedestrian, thinking of 2nd road Jomtien. And then there is the broken concrete post about 2/3s up, near Family Mart & SCB bank on beach road. Only thing holding it up (and pulling it down) are the 100s of wires. TIT

recommended: change to the other side of the street

2 minutes ago, Con Peoples Fund said:

As if the daily carnage from driver n riders are not enough we also have to worry about hanging wires n whatnot.

Years ago, while riding the motorbike, i was lucky to avoid a coconut, falling from a quite tall palm just on the edge of the road ????

• Haha 1