Hanging wires: Four injured as motorcyclist's neck gets entangled

webfact

9 hours ago, Matzzon said:

As much as you are right due to the danger they oppose, you seem to totaly overlook an irresponsible mother driving a motorbike with her two children and an infant.

A 23 year old women was driving.  On the back was her 16 year old sister, her three year old son and a 7 month old relative. 

14 minutes ago, allenberg said:

A 23 year old women was driving.  On the back was her 16 year old sister, her three year old son and a 7 month old relative. 

Ok, allenberg! I don´t care about if Donald Trump, Margeret Tatcher, Idi Amin and Adolf Hitler was on the motorbike. My point was that it was four people on the bike and the mother of the driver live with the belief that she has the power to complain. The only one she can complain about is her own daughter.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bundooman said:

No, you're right.

But I guarantee that Mum has an expensive phone, big TV and I wonder how much th M.bike cost.

Not to mention what her husband/family has...

But on her 'limited' finances, she couldn't afford 250B helmets for the kids, eh?

I can guarantee you have no clue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

You're free to relocate, this is Thailand put up with it or move on to somewhere you feel safer!

No one is asking any foreigner to stay here against their will....

but what Thais hate are foreign residents coming here to visit or live then telling them how they should run their country!

As do the same people when, let's have a stab in the dark.. Muslims, coming to their home country and trying to tell them what to do.

• Like 1

The really sad part about the whole thing is that a baby needs a brain scan. Read into that what you will.

But hey, keep making jokes about a very sad situation.

If it was some dumb old farang who got cleaned up while riding the usual suspects would be demanding that we show some respect. If the farang had died we would be inundated with the oh so genuine RIP's and condolences to the family posts.

Hypocrites.

13 hours ago, wgdanson said:

It is the mother who needs a brain scan to see if there is one in there plus a trip to Specsavers ! 2 adults and 2 kids on one bike, ridiculous.

Why??

Because it doesn't fit your norms?

This is SEA in case you didn't notice.

Absolutely normal behaviour. What if there was a single farang riding who got choked by the cables? Would you still be recommending Specsavers or that someone should fix, and be held responsible, for the low slung cables?

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Why??

Because it doesn't fit your norms?

This is SEA in case you didn't notice.

Absolutely normal behaviour. What if there was a single farang riding who got choked by the cables? Would you still be recommending Specsavers or that someone should fix, and be held responsible, for the low slung cables?

Look at the reactions to my post no.3, then please criticise all those who agree with me. 

22 hours ago, Emdog said:

More than once I've had to do a walk around of low cables over sidewalks as a pedestrian, thinking of 2nd road Jomtien. And then there is the broken concrete post about 2/3s up, near Family Mart & SCB bank on beach road. Only thing holding it up (and pulling it down) are the 100s of wires. TIT

Yes, but it hasn't fallen down yet so where's the problem??

• Haha 1

Most foreigners on this forum, are rich compared to a lot of Thais. How can you

blame them for not knowing that poor people cannot afford a car or pickup like they can,

impossible.  That is why the rich people in Thailand, do not have any

understanding of the poor peoples plight.

Geezer

On 12/16/2019 at 9:42 AM, wgdanson said:

It is the mother who needs a brain scan to see if there is one in there plus a trip to Specsavers ! 2 adults and 2 kids on one bike, ridiculous.

And I would presume not a helmet  between them, you are correct after the brain scan on the woman she should then be charged with child endangerment

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 12:42 PM, wgdanson said:

Thats nothing they usually have 2 dogs a pig , 3 cats and 4 chickens on the bike as well.

On 12/15/2019 at 9:12 PM, webfact said:

The neck and handlebars of the bike got entangled in the wires and they were all thrown off suffering serious injuries. 

My question is, if she was driving with due care and attention to the road conditions, how did her neck and the handlebars get entangled?  Or was she not riding with due care and attention?  Just asking.

'nuf sed.

On 12/16/2019 at 9:42 AM, wgdanson said:

Its called poverty, they can't afford a Cadillac like Elvis. Come on.