Botox for teeth grinding in Bangkok

GustavinBKK

Has anyone in Bangkok had Botox injected for bruxism? I've been looking around and and while I have found a lot of beauty clinics I haven't found a dentist that does it. I would prefer to see a dentist since I imagine they better understand how the jaw works specifically and I need it for teeth grinding and not aesthetics. Also it's surprisingly expensive. I was quoted 12000 baht by two beauty places which is more than I've paid in Europe. I understand that the Botox itself costs money, but I wonder if they practise some unpsoken price control within the clinics.

It'd be safer and cheaper to get a mouthguard.   Many times,  bruxism comes with an underlying emotional trauma that may need to be sorted through.   

Those muscles that are involved are likely needed for chewing your food.    

Definitely do not have this done at a beauty clinic! They will have zero clue where to inject and serious problems could result; at best, a waste of money.

I haven't heard of any dentists doing this. The doctors here who are using Botox to treat medical conditions, as opposed to aesthetic purposes, are mainly neurologists. Since Botox works by paralyzing nerves, this is appropriate and should be OK even for jaw. 

The Bangkok Hospital Headache Center has neurologists who use Botox for migraine and TMJ pain, these would be the best bet.

If you succeed in finding this it will not be cheap The botox itself is very expense (though will depend on amount used) and then there will be doctor and hospital fees on top of that.

Archived