BANGKOK
Gypsyjoe

New Visa-O rules on Health Insurance

Thank goodness the mods took all that nonsense off from someone who is obviously a fake

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Dumb it down for me...For what purpose?    

Confusing people seems to be much effort without reason.

Fake posts have now been deleted

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, mosan said:

The fact that he has been a member of ThaiVisa since November 2010 and doesn't know anything says a lot about this person--and anyone else who's been around this long and chooses to bury their head in the sand.

Or not log onto the site to catch the latest quips from the peanut gallery.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

so for a  twelve month multiple entry Non O you do not need health insurance?

This is how I understand it from the NZ Thai embassy but confusing as not all embassies are the same.

That's correct.

Thai-approven health-insurance is only required when applying for an OA (long-stay) Visa in your home-country or applying at a thai Immigration Office for an extension based on such a Visa for reason of retirement.

Since the introduction of the heatlh-insurance requirement the popularity of that Visa has plummeted dramatically, especially since there are several alternative options for staying long-term in Thailand that do not require the expensive and basically worthless thai-approven health-insurance.

16 hours ago, david555 said:

This can only be a real true newbie , asking Ubonjoe where he got the info from ….🙁

Next we will be asking Bill Gates if he is SURE you can add number in Excel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I"ve asked before and I"ll ask again can a holder of a OA doing extensions for retirement change to extensions for marriage without having to exit the Kingdom? Does a person with a OA-marriage require insurance? Anyone, Ubon Joe, Peter your input please?

16 hours ago, mosan said:

The fact that he has been a member of ThaiVisa since November 2010 and doesn't know anything says a lot about this person--and anyone else who's been around this long and chooses to bury their head in the sand.

Well with 9 posts in 9 years (3 of them in the last day) he's hardly an active member!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Insurance is not required for non-o visas. It is only for non-oa visas.

And as far as I know is Non AO are obtained offshore and Non O are obtained in TH

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Seeall said:

And as far as I know is Non AO are obtained offshore and Non O are obtained in TH

Funny. My O visa was obtained in the U.S. Last time I checked, not in Thailand. 

• Haha 1

"And as far as I know is Non AO are obtained offshore and Non O are obtained in TH"

Visas are obtained outside Thailand at Thai embassies or consulates. Extensions of stay are obtained inside Thailand at immigrations. The O-A is obtained in your home country or country of legal residence. The non-Imm O may or may not be available for retirement in some countries.

The one exception is that you may be able to convert a visa exempt or tourist visa entry to a non-Imm O ENTRY at Immigrations in Thailand as a step leading to an extension of stay based on retirement.

At this point in time it's sort of surprising how many people haven't  grasped some very basic information that effects their continued stay in Thailand. There is some understandable confusion about some issues, but there is also some uncontested basic information.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Funny. My O visa was obtained in the U.S. Last time I checked, not in Thailand. 

How long ago was that?

The honorary consulates were doing them until about 3 years ago. The embassy in DC gave them instructions not to do them anymore at the same time they were told not to issue any multiple entry visas. Also mailed in applications could not be done anymore.

Houston consulate website. Nothing about retirement for non-o visas here. 

http://www.thaiconsulatehouston.com/nonimmigrantvisa.html

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

so for a  twelve month multiple entry Non O you do not need health insurance?

This is how I understand it from the NZ Thai embassy but confusing as not all embassies are the same.

Yes, quite a few no longer even support a ME Non-Imm-O Visa.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

How long ago was that?

The honorary consulates were doing them until about 3 years ago. The embassy in DC gave them instructions not to do them anymore at the same time they were told not to issue any multiple entry visas. Also mailed in applications could not be done anymore.

Houston consulate website. Nothing about retirement for non-o visas here. 

http://www.thaiconsulatehouston.com/nonimmigrantvisa.html

Yes of course. Well over a decade ago! But people do get O visas in neighboring countries still, yes?