Ex-PM Yingluck complains of unfair treatment under Section 44

webfact

Ex-PM Yingluck complains of unfair treatment under Section 44

Yingluck.jpg

Former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has complained about the alleged unfair treatment she has received at the hands of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha regarding her assets, including those inherited from her parents, which are being auctioned off “piece by piece” by the Legal Execution Department, even though her case is still pending in the Administrative Court.

“Quite a few people may wonder why I am keeping a low profile these days and whether I am still fine.  Sometimes, I try not to think too much, to stay calm and be fine, but this happiness is superficial because I have to be separated from my child, away from my family and the people by having to live abroad. I have to lose my home, assets, bank accounts, including personal property, which was acquired before I was prime minister,” said Ms Yingluck in her Facebook post today.

“Allow me to speak my mind today. I have been fighting against the auction of my assets, which I sweated to acquire. It is sad that I cannot not protect the property which I inherited from my parents. I have to suffer every time I learn my assets have been auctioned off, piece by piece. Sometimes, I have to console myself by telling myself that, if I bury myself in sadness and with the past, I will never be happy. I still have a lot of burdens and have to take care of several people who place their hope in me,” she wrote.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ex-pm-yingluck-complains-of-unfair-treatment-under-section-44/

thaipbs.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahahahaha, could not have happened to a more deserving person apart from her brother, she was found guilty, she did a midnight run to get away then gets upset that they are selling her stuff to repay the money she stole from the people, what more can you expect from this criminal family

3 minutes ago, seajae said:

hahahahaha, could have happened to a more deserving person apart from her brother, she was found guilty, she did a midnight run to get away trhen gets upset that they are selling her stuff to repay the money she stole from the people, what more can you expect from this criminal family

Found guilty by a JUNTA APPOINTED & STACKED court.  Hardly a fair trial when the "verdict" is predetermined from the outset. 

2 hours ago, seajae said:

hahahahaha, could not have happened to a more deserving person apart from her brother, she was found guilty, she did a midnight run to get away then gets upset that they are selling her stuff to repay the money she stole from the people, what more can you expect from this criminal family

The people who lost money won't see a baht but prayut and his cronies will

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

There never be fair justice in Thailand for those who are not obedient servants of the establishment and their military enforcers. Sad reality and hope one day these crooks will face justice. 

I'm with Eric on this. I saw no corruption in Yingluck, though there doubtless was in her coterie of hangers-on, she was doubtless surrounded by exchangers of loyalty for advantage inherited from her brother.

She was treated badly by the conspirators, by those who became the government, and ultimately by the people who turned their backs. Again.

In my view, Thais deserve every inch of the clownshow they have ended up with. Som nam na.

Yingluck bemoans ‘double standards’ over assets seizure

By THE NATION

800_94421a3d0fd86eb.jpg?v=1576489566

Yingluck Shinawatra

Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra complained through her Facebook page on Monday (December 16) about “double standards” being applied regarding her assets due to the “junta-backed government”.

Yingluck wrote that she was unhappy as she was separated from her son, family and supporters, as well as the assets she earned before becoming prime minister.

“My house was taken by the present government, while each asset was sold by the Legal Execution Department. I have used all legal procedures to fight for the assets but cannot stop those officers who carried out the operation without caring for the law, under Article 44 of the Interim Constitution of 2014,” she said.

“Prayut Chan-o-cha has used the article since he seized power and plunged Thailand into military rule,” she said. “Until now, the article has been effective, and those officers did not care that they cannot sell my assets unless I am judged by the Administrative Court as a lawsuit loser.”

Yingluck said her downfall was unlike other leaders' in history, and to “place the article’s privilege over the courts verdict is illegal”. For her, the article’s use over sovereign power was a destruction of fundamental people’s freedoms.

“I have fought for every asset including those was given by my parents, but I cannot protect even one of them,” she added. “Every time I heard that my assets were sold, I was deeply moved.”

Yingluck concluded her post by saying she will not be stuck in the past because there are many people putting their hope in her hands.

In 2017, the former prime minister and other defendants were accused of negligence in their official duties that led to corruption and massive financial damage to the state while implementing their government’s rice-pledging scheme.

Article 44 was invoked and Yingluck was found liable for damages caused to the state budget by the rice-pledging scheme. Her assets were frozen or seized by the Legal Execution Department.

She fled Thailand in August 2017, a few days before the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division on Political Office Holders was scheduled to deliver a verdict in the case against her.

In late September, News agencies reported that the Serbian government had announced that Yingluck had been granted Serbian citizenship and a passport in September.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379501

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-17

As diabolical as the current Government and its agencies are, I have no sympathy at all for Yingluck.

She allowed her own cronies to engage in graft unchecked, and she tried to cover it up.

She was not innocent and decided to run rather than fight. And anyways she still has untold riches and can travel the world unchecked. She is in no way a victim in the true sense of the word.

1 hour ago, z42 said:

As diabolical as the current Government and its agencies are, I have no sympathy at all for Yingluck.

She allowed her own cronies to engage in graft unchecked, and she tried to cover it up.

She was not innocent and decided to run rather than fight. And anyways she still has untold riches and can travel the world unchecked. She is in no way a victim in the true sense of the word.

Well, that's your view and you're entitled to it. Personally I don't agree with it fwtw and it doesn't seem to have been well thought through. So far as I see it, her only major failing was in not stopping the coup and what I believe to have been it's treasonous conspirators. A sin of omission against the Thai people. Still, the wheel turns, they will get their come-uppance and I don't see very many Thais shedding tears for them when they do.

6 minutes ago, secondfusilier said:

I am against the military regime but they are a hell of a lot cleaner than the Shin clan and the country does enjoy much more stability now.

You must be very well connected to know this and must have access to all the dealings going on in the Thai business world or is this just your opinion because you support military dictatorships?

1 hour ago, z42 said:

A victim perhaps of having laws applied to her, that were never applied to anyone else in her position. A victim of being the only cheater, in race full of cheaters, that was made an example of. I don't feel bad for her, I feel bad about the system.

15 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

Like your brother u did a runner several passports,escaped.if u served your time u be free in time like your brother would now.kept your property  and other things.made your bed so accept what u did

Served time under a military junta that controls the judicial system?

Get a grip.

15 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Found guilty by a JUNTA APPOINTED & STACKED court.  Hardly a fair trial when the "verdict" is predetermined from the outset. 

Absolutely. 

This one is sure to bring out the closet fascists and junta fanboys in their numbers. 

I wouldn't worry, most of them are just singlet wearing mouth-breathers that parrot what they hear in the bar.

34 minutes ago, secondfusilier said:

I am against the military regime but they are a hell of a lot cleaner than the Shin clan and the country does enjoy much more stability now.

And you have the audacity to call others niave?

We'll see how stable things are when the current protests really get going.

FYI the instability was started back in 2005 by the Yellows. Things were going great before Sondthi and his Royalist, military backed, co-conspirators started the cycle of protesting to unseat elected governments. The rationale was such because they could not win at the ballot.

In doing so, they cost the country billions, led to two military coups, years of political instability and the current junta led sham of a goverment.

Stability you say?

16 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

Like your brother u did a runner several passports,escaped.if u served your time u be free in time like your brother would now.kept your property  and other things.made your bed so accept what u did

Would you stay for the kangaroos courts and the prospect of certain death in prison?

She has no one to blame but herself, she knew very well what she's getting herself into acting as her brother's proxy and to try to undo the mess he left behind and bring him home as a hero, well guess what? it didn't work and now she's paying the price for loyalty to her brother, me thing that Mr. T should cover all her loses and she was his puppet on a string...

40 minutes ago, secondfusilier said:

or is this just your opinion because you support military dictatorships?

Oh do keep up FFF, I start the sentence that you quoted with 'I am against the military regime'. 

Besides, I'm surprised that you don't support the current government, they are on the verge of legalizing your beloved cannabis.

The square headed one would have had you extra-judicially shot for having a smoke.

Fair point about your being against dictatorship my apologies for not engaging brain before putting mouth into gear(still working on that after all these years) but my point on them being cleaner or less corrupt than previous administrations still stands as the military controlled media aren't inclined to reveal the dirty deeds done by this administration and the massive amounts of money involved in the infrastructure projects currently under way.As regards to my beloved cannabis even inherently bad people can do good things which does complicate things.    

16 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

What you say may be true. But that doesn't change the fact that she actually did what she was accused of, and more, regarding the rice pledging scheme and various other schemes/scams during her tenure as PM.

If the charges were trumped up and false, like has occurred with others, it would be a different story. But in her case, the authorities didn't need to trump up anything. Yingluck gave them all the ammunition they needed.

12 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What you say may be true. But that doesn't change the fact that she actually did what she was accused of, and more, regarding the rice pledging scheme and various other schemes/scams during her tenure as PM.

If the charges were trumped up and false, like has occurred with others, it would be a different story. But in her case, the authorities didn't need to trump up anything. Yingluck gave them all the ammunition they needed.

...the rice pledging scheme... I am surprised...it looks like everybody has forgotten it!

1 hour ago, secondfusilier said:

So far as I see it, her only major failing was in not stopping the coup

????????????????

How naive of you, the whole Shin family were on the take.

While the family idiot Yingluck was only a small pawn in the big game, she was put forward for the job by big brother in the hope that she could overturn his convictions and rape the country of the money that he didn't get to when his nose was in the trough.

Her election campaign was run by the puppet master and he continued to pull the strings through her tenure.

Rubbish!

Archived