Ex-PM Yingluck complains of unfair treatment under Section 44

webfact

5 hours ago, secondfusilier said:

So far as I see it, her only major failing was in not stopping the coup

????????????????

How naive of you, the whole Shin family were on the take.

While the family idiot Yingluck was only a small pawn in the big game, she was put forward for the job by big brother in the hope that she could overturn his convictions and rape the country of the money that he didn't get to when his nose was in the trough.

Her election campaign was run by the puppet master and he continued to pull the strings through her tenure.

I am against the military regime but they are a hell of a lot cleaner than the Shin clan and the country does enjoy much more stability now.

First time in a while I've been called naive. Still, what we perceive is our reality. Or something. Life would be tedious if we all thought the same thing or none of us thought at all.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Why so hard to get through to you. The only charge leveled against her was her mishandling of the rice scheme. Your speculation of corruption without court conviction is just that; speculation. Her commerce minister was convicted for corruption and jailed and justifiable. You trying to link her to that corruption without proven in court is just malicious and self fulfilling. It’s all about politics and the junta is doing the same to FFF with bag loads of dirty political tricks. They will not be satisfied until Thanathorn do another runner like they did with the Shins. 

Its hard for you to see that proving things in court and knowing things are two different things. To prove things in a court the bar is quite high. To know things and put things together and piece together what likely happened (what we do all the time on this forum) is an other thing. 

Its quite hard for you to understand that because I attack your heroes. You want them to be convicted by a court without doubt while you take stand against the junta (rightly so) and comment on them without court convictions. Why is that ok and what i do not ?

I know they wont be satisfied until Thanaathorn does a runner, but this guy is of a totally different calibre as the Shins. The Shins are corrupt individuals in it for their own gain. Thanathorn put his shares in a blind thrust to prevent conflicts of interest. That is unheard of. We all know how Thaksin bend the rules and amended laws for his benefits. To even compare the two is a huge insult to Thanathorn.

10 hours ago, Inn Between said:

The term "double standards" seems to be used a lot lately by Thais when talking about the Thai gov't. 

Makes you wonder if there might be something to it perhaps...?

Interesting though, that (if you are right), the normally quiescent Thai public might be growing an opinion.

Can't have that... it just won't do, and it isn't how they've been taught to behave.

In a corrupt country, anyone entering government positions or politics would automatically get dirt on them.

Kind of easy to talk bad about Yingluck but she is right, it is unfair.

If considered fair, they should take all assets from everyone else too. 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

I know they wont be satisfied until Thanaathorn does a runner, but this guy is of a totally different calibre as the Shins. The Shins are corrupt individuals in it for their own gain. 

Any billionaire in Thailand has done corruption, underpaying staff etc. 

Just because he is quite legal and the dirt is not on him, it might be on family members.

That aside, they are good friends of each other too.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:23 PM, webfact said:

I have to lose my home, assets, bank accounts, including personal property, which was acquired before I was prime minister,” said Ms Yingluck in her Facebook post today.

Poor woman or cynical crook? I hope her 25 suitcases full of cash aren't depleted. Perhaps another crooked police friend of her brother can smuggle her back in to Thailand. Just what the country needs, more rice schemes, first car schemes and free junk tablets. Please stay where you are, just because a few protestors showed up for a rally doesn't mean people are missing the likes of you.

On 12/16/2019 at 8:34 AM, bristolgeoff said:

Like your brother u did a runner several passports,escaped.if u servedour time u be free in time like your brother would now.kept your property  and other things.made your bed so accept what u did

Your so brave. So would I have got out of dodge. Justice was and is at the end of a gun in Thailand. The criminals were and still are the generals, their army's and even the soldiers carrying out their orders (being ex military I use the term soldier very loosely). Both were elected by the people and both could put their names on ballot papers and win an election tomorrow. As for the little "d" he has handed cash out like candy, commited International crimes which will cost Thailand billions in compensation. I would sooner have T back than the little pathetic "d" and so would the Thai people. 

8 hours ago, secondfusilier said:

Things were going great before Sondthi and his Royalist, military backed, co-conspirators started the cycle of protesting to unseat elected governments.

Of course things were going great.... for the Shin family.

Thaksin's war on drugs was his free ticket ticket to getting rid of any opposition.

Anyone who opposed his regime were shot as drug dealers, much in the same way as Durterte did to secure his presidency.

In my ex-girlfriends village (she was my current GF at the time) an old couple were gunned down in their car and drugs were scattered around the floor of the car to make it look like they were drug dealers.

They were an elderly couple with no connections to the drug trade.

There were even newspaper reports at the time asking why drug dealers would hide/spread their drugs around the floor of their car.

Their children could not do anything about it, as the appointed judges all answered to Thaksin.

Stability you say?

Yes, stability.

Since the military regime have been in power the country has been able to function without lost days/weeks due to protests/riots from both sides, yellow and red.

I really do not agree Thailand being run by a military dictatorship, I would love to see the Thai people get a decent leader from their own choice rather than through a coup.

However, I seriously do not believe that the Thai people and their country should be raped bare by the Shin clan, all for their own personal gain.

Do I want a military government running Thailand? Hell no.

Do I want the Shins back in power, with their hands in the cookie jar? Hell <deleted> no.

Given the choice, I believe that unfortunately the lesser of the two evils is the military regime.

Who cares what choice you would make? Nobody.

What matters is what choice the Thai people would make.

Under the Shinawatra's, the people chose their governments, the same cannot be said for the abomination that now reigns over the land.

You say you don't agree with Thailand being run by a military dictatorship and then in the next paragraph go right ahead and choose to support a military regime over elected governments.

How exactly is the military regime a "lesser evil" than the elected Shinawatra governments?

There is not a single international ranking that Thailand hasn't fared worse in under the military rule of Prayuth than under the Shinawatra's.

Democracy is worse.

Corruption is worse.

Censorship is worse.

Economy is worse.

6 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

You don't have to support the current government, the military or any other organizations to admit that the Shins are corrupt, through and through, and were robbing the county blind. All about them trying to create their corrupt family political dynasty, putting themselves above and beyond the law, and cementing themselves in power. Just like their close friend has done for himself in Cambodia.

Only the big boys didn't like it. 

Everything you accuse the Shinawatra's of trying to do, those that followed them have actually done, yet not a wimper from you about them.

The country has been robbed more in the last 5 years than it has since the 70s.

The Chinese are laughing all the way to the bank.

The Thai billionaires behind the big 5 companies are laughing all the way to the bank.

What the big boys didn't like was government money being spent on the poor.

Democracy is coming, Thanathorn will be PM and those who have spent the last 20 years supporting, in one guise or another, dictators over democracy will have to spend the rest of their days wallowing in their own misery.

6 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

The Shins got targeted because the patriarch became to greedy and wanted it all for himself and his family; didn't want to share or follow what the others all accepted.

Their kleptocracy model is a text book example.

Is that right?

Whilst PM, Thaksin's wealth grew at a slower rate than the Thai stock exchange.

The wealth of the poorest Thais however, grew over 47% during Thaksin's 5 years as PM.

The ones that didn't want to share where the entrenched elites who didn't want government money spent on the poor. They believed government money belonged in their pockets.

You clearly don't know what kleptocracy means.

A post containing a trolling comment in violation of the following forum rule has been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

4 minutes ago, secondfusilier said:

An entire post of absolute <deleted>, topped off with the biggest lie that the corruption of this government is worse than that of the Shins.

As I keep having to repeat (for people with only a small understanding), I do not support the Military regime.

I do not support the yellow shirts nor the red shirts, I do not support any politicians, they are all evil.

What I'm saying is that the Shin clan were far worse than the current mob, if you were here during the Shin Dynasty you would probably have a better understanding of the situation.

Why can't you Shin groupies understand that some are neutral and you don't need to get upset and offended every time someone lays out facts about this crooked and corrupt family?

Why can't you think for yourself instead of blindly following an obviously corrupt and evil clan?

Where to start?

How about here - there is no neutral.

You either support democracy or you don't.

For those who don't, it's a tuff argument to make if you want to maintain respectability, so you have to rely on nonsense.

You clearly don't believe in democracy.

Corruption is worse under dictatorships - this is true in general and it is true when specially referencing Thailand.

The country fared better under Thaksin than it did under any PM in Thailands history - in every metric.

You don't support any politicians? They are all evil? So who do you support? Dictators.

What sort of foolishness is it to think Dictators are better than elected politicians.

Politicians are better if for no other reason than that they can be voted out.

Dictators cannot.

I most certainly was here during repeated elected governments - and life was most certainly better for me and for the overwhelming majority of Thais.

Thinking for oneself is good advice, I suggest to attempt to follow it.

Why are you opposed to free and fair elections in Thailand?

2 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

Poor woman or cynical crook? I hope her 25 suitcases full of cash aren't depleted. Perhaps another crooked police friend of her brother can smuggle her back in to Thailand. Just what the country needs, more rice schemes, first car schemes and free junk tablets. Please stay where you are, just because a few protestors showed up for a rally doesn't mean people are missing the likes of you.

You mean like The agriculture schemes, new tractor schemes, home buying schemes, and money to travel schemes that the current govt has

1 hour ago, Loongharkok said:

Where to start?

How about here - there is no neutral.

You either support democracy or you don't.

For those who don't, it's a tuff argument to make if you want to maintain respectability, so you have to rely on nonsense.

You clearly don't believe in democracy.

Corruption is worse under dictatorships - this is true in general and it is true when specially referencing Thailand.

The country fared better under Thaksin than it did under any PM in Thailands history - in every metric.

You don't support any politicians? They are all evil? So who do you support? Dictators.

What sort of foolishness is it to think Dictators are better than elected politicians.

Politicians are better if for no other reason than that they can be voted out.

Dictators cannot.

I most certainly was here during repeated elected governments - and life was most certainly better for me and for the overwhelming majority of Thais.

Thinking for oneself is good advice, I suggest to attempt to follow it.

Why are you opposed to free and fair elections in Thailand?

Well said and agree. I too was here in 2006 and noticed the change in attitude to us almost over night and the changes in immigration rules that immediately followed. In my opinion Thailand has degressed ever since then with a slight blip when democracy popped in for a visit. A woman who did the right thing and called an election however the military and elite had other ideas. I left Thailand early this year leaving my house. We could not stand it any more.

Time to add a few to my ignored user list I think.

When the Shin haters get on their horses, then it's time to turn away, because like it or not, TV is not an equitable place; the people who run it have a view and are not above petty behaviour and abuse of privilege against people who are not of the same view.

Can't be involved in that, so I'll turn my back on anyone who seems to me to be behaving stupidly. As Forrest Gump claimed his mother used to say "Stupid is as stupid does". Enjoy.

20 hours ago, Loongharkok said:

Thaksin's war on drugs was his free ticket ticket to getting rid of any opposition.

Thaksin, as much as I dislike him, did not come up with the war on drugs. This one fellow complained about drugs in society, Thaksin started his war and a year later Thaksin was praised. Though as seen throughout Thai history , the wars against communists, drugdealers or others perceived as a grace danger to the nation, pay for this in blood. And local strongman use these wars to silence people who oppose them, are a nuisance to them etc. I don't think Thaksin ordered some old folks to be executed, but the local strongman must have wanted those folks gone,  and the war on drugs have a perfect excuse. Thailands influential figures on various levels on society, the bullies, thugs and Maggie like figures sail with what ever wind takes them furthest and gains them the most. Just look at former Thai rak Thai / Phua Thai politicians who are now on board with Phalang Pracharat. 

I dislike the Shin's, (Thaksin more, yingluck.. meh) but the military leaders and these maffia like men are much worse. 

7 hours ago, Donutz said:

Thaksin, as much as I dislike him, did not come up with the war on drugs. This one fellow complained about drugs in society, Thaksin started his war and a year later Thaksin was praised. Though as seen throughout Thai history , the wars against communists, drugdealers or others perceived as a grace danger to the nation, pay for this in blood. And local strongman use these wars to silence people who oppose them, are a nuisance to them etc. I don't think Thaksin ordered some old folks to be executed, but the local strongman must have wanted those folks gone,  and the war on drugs have a perfect excuse. Thailands influential figures on various levels on society, the bullies, thugs and Maggie like figures sail with what ever wind takes them furthest and gains them the most. Just look at former Thai rak Thai / Phua Thai politicians who are now on board with Phalang Pracharat. 

I dislike the Shin's, (Thaksin more, yingluck.. meh) but the military leaders and these maffia like men are much worse. 

Amen to that. The war on drugs most certainly was not Thaksin's initiative, he was told in the way the person who told him always tells people - by suggestion. The benefit of doing it that way was that it could be denied it was an instruction. QED

Thaksin was like all Thai politicians, he liked to peddle influence, same as they do now, there are several good examples in todays news posts - and the same it has always been (well, since Thais learned about reading and writing anyway, though that's not very long compared with other, more educated countries).

And yes, the mafia-like men are indeed much, much worse.

Archived