Barack Obama: Women are indisputably better than men

snoop1130

Barack Obama: Women are indisputably better than men

By Saira Asher

_110159236_8330e0b3-dc3a-4116-acae-388e9aa45763.jpg

EUROPEAN PHOTOPRESS AGENCY

If women ran every country in the world there would be a general improvement in living standards and outcomes, former US President Barack Obama has said.

Speaking in Singapore, he said women aren't perfect, but are "indisputably better" than men.

He said most of the problems in the world came from old people, mostly men, holding onto positions of power.

He also spoke about political polarisation and the use of social media to spread falsehoods.

Full Story: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50805822

bbc.jpg

-- © Copyright BBC 2019-12-16

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

He said most of the problems in the world came from old people, mostly men, holding onto positions of power.

That why you should vote for younger woman.

will be better for your life.

I think that it's an inarguable fact. The Labour party are already blaming their recent crushing defeat on the fact that their leader was a middle aged man. They seem determined to elect a female leader in order to rebuild the party. Lisa Nandy appears to be the favourite, although I would prefer Jess Philips.

55 minutes ago, Pravda said:

It's probably true. 

I'd have to agree.  If you look at all the scumbag dictators in the history of the world, nearly all are men.  And the scumbag dictators in the modern world?  All men.  Obviously, not all men are evil.  But the evil leaders are almost always men.

28 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

Then why does he make $500k a speech when his wife only makes $200k? 

what happened to equal pay for equal work? 

I hope you realise you just made Obama's point.

The answer to your question is, Because men run the world.

1 minute ago, Berkshire said:

I'd have to agree.  If you look at all the scumbag dictators in the history of the world, nearly all are men.  And the scumbag dictators in the modern world?  All men.  Obviously, not all men are evil.  But the evil leaders are almost always men.

Aung San Suu Kyi is doing her best to join that list. Imelda Marcos did OK too.

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The situation with Aung San Suu Kyi is complicated.  I wouldn't lay all of Myanmar's corruption problems at her feet.

As far as Imelda, I don't recall her ever being President.

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I would disagree about Suu Kyi , but this is not the thread for it. Obama did not say that all women are great ,simply that  "women aren't perfect, but are "indisputably better" than men. "

A sentiment I agree with.

43 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I think that it's an inarguable fact. The Labour party are already blaming their recent crushing defeat on the fact that their leader was a middle aged man. They seem determined to elect a female leader in order to rebuild the party. Lisa Nandy appears to be the favourite, although I would prefer Jess Philips.

Yes theyd  be so  much  more hilarious with ole thicko Diane at the helm

9 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

What was his point, that he’s a sexist? 

If it’s “Because men run the world.”, why does his wife make more than 99.9% of men? 

To be clear, there has never been anything stopping women from running the world. 

Apart from the lack of abilities?

13 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I would disagree about Suu Kyi , but this is not the thread for it. Obama did not say that all women are great ,simply that  "women aren't perfect, but are "indisputably better" than men. "

A sentiment I agree with.

You feel inferior to women?

Archived