Barack Obama: Women are indisputably better than men

snoop1130

27 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Name one country that tried communism that was left along to either succeed or fail?  

I really don't understand what you mean by "left alone". I would say all of them initially. Or do you mean not left alone as in The US trying to crush the economy of Cuba by imposing crippling sanctions for no other reson than it's anti communist hysteria? Same with Vietnam, can anyone explain why the US ever went into Vietnam in the first place other than it's totally irrational, unjustified fight against the "evil" of communism?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DannyCarlton said:

I really don't understand what you mean by "left alone". I would say all of them initially. Or do you mean not left alone as in The US trying to crush the economy of Cuba by imposing crippling sanctions for no other reson than it's anti communist hysteria? Same with Vietnam, can anyone explain why the US ever went into Vietnam in the first place other than it's totally irrational, unjustified fight against the "evil" of communism?

The US  concerted effort to undermine Cuba is well documented.  It could not be allowed to succeed, if it did others might want to emulate. So we will never know if a communist system is viable. And I am not saying that it is, only that we will never know.

Anyway,  Even though this is a very interesting subject,  this is not a thread about Communism and Capitalism . so please don't consider it a sign of disrespect if I don't respond the this line of debate anymore. I am surprised the mods have not descended upon as yet.They are probably busy pulling their hair out over the POTY thread ????

This should be a new thread, but here is my take. The goal of Communism is to put the means of production into the hands of the people. And as well to share the assets and the property in an equal manner. This is impossible without a superstate and strict controls on private ventures and assets. You also require tremendous power to be put into the hands of the state.

The only way this can function, without becoming either a dictatorship, or a failed state is: If you have people who will put in reasonable work with reasonable integrity, for no benefit above doing poor or unethical work. And, if you have leaders who are benevolent and remain subject to and respect the law, despite their great power and opportunity to alter the system for their own benefit.

The thing that is missing from Communist ideology is an understanding of human nature. 

Archived