How to complete aTM30 with no TM6

After several months of waiting for a working password and registration the website will not process visitor without a TM6

Any ideas is is it back to the snailtrail, fotocopy shop , Fil in TM30 manually and drive to the Office?

Any advice welcome , I read that TM6 was to be abolished but website makes no allowance or does the site need updating .

Forgive my ignorance it's all so confusing and seems the only nation of 50+ O have worked and lived/visited to have such convolutions.

Edited by RubbaJohnny
typo

It is not me it a visitor who didnt receive one at Swampy. I recieved one at Chiang Mai airport a few weeks back.I am on a NonO

I asked if they had lost it?

They said it was not given at Swampy 2 weeks ago

There are numerous press reports they will end but the TM6 number is needed to make the webpage work, if you don't fill it in you cannot process it.

Am I the only one to experience this a friend from Europe here in November was given the same one as me on a visa exempt visit

Edited by RubbaJohnny
  • Confused 1

The TM6 being eliminated was a proposal that has not been done yet.

Your problem is probably one of the reasons they have not moved forward with it. There are lots of things that require the TM6 number that will have to be changed such as the online reporting.

I think your visitor may of gotten the TM6 but lost it since they no longer staple them into your passport. The new small ones would be easy to misplace or lose.

• Like 1

ok thanks Jo they are adamant none was given, will ths be a problem for them or my wife who needs to do the TM30 ?

I recall having 2 visas at once, leaving C Mai with no entry stamp.

Another time a young immigration Officer chased me to teh car park as he had forgotton... and so it goes

32 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Any advice welcome , I read that TM6 was to be abolished but website makes no allowance or does the site need updating .

I had an international flight into Swampy the other day -- the first one I'd had in about a year. So I too was wondering whether the TM6 forms were still gonna be in use.

Indeed they are still in use there. The airline handed them out during the flight. And the Immigration officer who processed me in took and stamped and returned part of the TM6 back to me, as has always been the custom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I had an international flight into Swampy the other day -- the first one I'd had in about a year. So I too was wondering whether the TM6 forms were still gonna be in use.

Indeed they are still in use there. The airline handed them out during the flight. And the Immigration officer who processed me in took and stamped and returned part of the TM6 back to me, as has always been the custom.

This is absolutely the case. Just flew into DM today from Saigon. The airline hands them out and OP your "visitor" would have received a tm6. He has misplaced/lost it.

This happens all the time and as result at passport control for departure Los the attendants hold up a blank tm6 to check if you have one. If misplaced you move aside and fill in. Your arrival etc is on stamp in pp.

Back to OP. You did not explain why you need file tm30 for "visitor". If just a friend do nothing unless they need attend imm for something like an extension. 

If they are tourists they can fill in tm6 at departure.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

ok thanks Jo they are adamant none was given, will ths be a problem for them or my wife who needs to do the TM30 ?

I recall having 2 visas at once, leaving C Mai with no entry stamp.

Another time a young immigration Officer chased me to teh car park as he had forgotton... and so it goes

Almost every immigration form requires the TM6-card number. Also online reports requires it. 

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

He would not have gotten it at Swampy. He would have gotten it on the plane and handed it as a 2 part form to Immigration when they stamped him in. They would not have stamped him in without it.

They will have handed back half of it inside his passport. It is very small and he would not see it if he did not look..just a small square of paper slipped inside the passport.

He should double check his passport, pockets etc.

I don't think we are talking about experienced travellers. 

• Like 1

It doesn't matter if he got it on the plane or at the airport.  The issue is he does not have one.  Also doesn't matter if he lost it or was never given one.  So he just need to go to immigrations and get one.  Problem solved.

2 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

It doesn't matter if he got it on the plane or at the airport.  The issue is he does not have one.  Also doesn't matter if he lost it or was never given one.  So he just need to go to immigrations and get one.  Problem solved.

He posted in this topic that his guest got a TM6 at immigration so the TM30 report is done.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1117121-tm30-online-how-to/?do=findComment&comment=14866409

On 12/16/2019 at 7:13 PM, RubbaJohnny said:

It is not me it a visitor who didnt receive one at Swampy. I recieved one at Chiang Mai airport a few weeks back.I am on a NonO

I asked if they had lost it?

They said it was not given at Swampy 2 weeks ago

There are numerous press reports they will end but the TM6 number is needed to make the webpage work, if you don't fill it in you cannot process it.

Am I the only one to experience this a friend from Europe here in November was given the same one as me on a visa exempt visit

You do not RECEIVE the Tm6, you fill it out on the plane before you arrive.

happend to me a few weeks ago, i lost my TM Card, but had to do my TM30 online as i came back from a weekend trip. Luckily i had a picture from an old TMCard, and i used this number. Registration was successful. One week later i had to go to CW immigration for a 12 month extension of my non immigrat O Visa. They see the the numbers not fit, but i blamed my landlord for the mistake. So it was no problem at all.

The only problem was, i have to go to a police station and report the lost of the TMCard, after that the immigration gave me a new TM Card, with handwritten TM6 number.

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

You do not RECEIVE the Tm6, you fill it out on the plane before you arrive.

You can get the TM6-card at the airport,too. There are girls handing them over just before you come to immigration. There are always people that somehow loses their cards from the plane to Immigration. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hadock said:

happend to me a few weeks ago, i lost my TM Card, but had to do my TM30 online as i came back from a weekend trip. Luckily i had a picture from an old TMCard, and i used this number. Registration was successful. One week later i had to go to CW immigration for a 12 month extension of my non immigrat O Visa. They see the the numbers not fit, but i blamed my landlord for the mistake. So it was no problem at all.

The only problem was, i have to go to a police station and report the lost of the TMCard, after that the immigration gave me a new TM Card, with handwritten TM6 number.

You don't have to report a lost TM6-card at a police station. Who told you that?? The police has nothing to do with an Immigration form. People loses their TM6-cards all the time.  

@max69xl

the IO at CW immigration told me if i can´t provide the police report, i can´t get a replacement of the TMCard, and without TMCard i can´t get an extension of my non-o visa. I dont know where you got your information from, but i trust more the IO who handled my visa extension, which i finally received.

IO told me also if i am in thailand on visa exemption or tourist visa, and i lost my TMCard, no police report needed. But as i wrote i applied for an extension of my non-o, so it was necessary...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Always get a couple of spare TM6 forms on the plane, and keep them separate from the stamped one so that if you lose it, you can fill in a replacement.

Just filling in a new one wont achieve anything, it has to be in the immigration system, logged against your entry, passport etc.

• Like 2