Overstaying Swede - 1,001 days -  no match for Big Oud's "Smart Car"

webfact

Overstaying Swede - 1,001 days -  no match for Big Oud's "Smart Car"

2pm1.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Ubon Ratchathani immigration police deployed their SPC (Smart Patrol Car) and it came up trumps. 

The onboard biometrics technology was used to check a Swedish man's passport outside a rented house in Moo 2, Khom Jiam district of the north eastern Thai city.

Per-Olof, 65, was found to be on overstay of 1,001 days. 

He had arrived in Thailand in January 2017 and been granted 30 days stay on a tourist visa. 

Since then he had stayed in a variety of places but never left the kingdom. 

2pm2.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong "Big Oud" Chingduang presented the case at a press briefing yesterday. 

Naew Na said that the Swede was picked up on November 19th at 7 pm. 

A vinyl board hailed the part played in the arrest by the biometrics aboard the Smart Patrol Car. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-17

Big Oud needs to be careful, Big Joke got carried away with catching farangs, and using giant posters.

Look what happened to him, he became the joke.

Both of them just want Big headlines, ohh look at me doing a good job, i am the man.

34 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

What brave Officers they are with all that Technology.    Shame they don't find someway to use it to catch really serious criminals of their own creed that appear able to flee the country at will, or others that walk the Corridors of Power in Bangkok !

How about they are doing their job arresting people on overstay, they are called the immigration police for a reason.

I’m wondering how many of those here who are criticizing the police for doing their job (or defend a guy overstaying his Visa) don’t miss a chance to rage about immigrants in their home countries. 

I’m also wondering how one manages to overstay a thousand days. 

Do this in any of our home countries and you wouldn’t get away with it either.

Welcometo my home country Sweden, just leave your passport in the nearest bin and say that you are an underaged Afghan and you are welcome to stay as long as you pleased, we'll even pay for your stay! Or maybe you don't like the climate? Then keep your benefits and go back to your country and become minister of defence ????????????

6 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I’m wondering how many of those here who are criticizing the police for doing their job (or defend a guy overstaying his Visa) don’t miss a chance to rage about immigrants in their home countries. 

People on here do not criticise the immigration police of doing their jobs. What I and others do rightly criticise is the the fanfare, their over handed approach and their racism. I personally object to hords of police vehicles and police turning up at my house checking my details. I also object to being labelled an alien or even a farang. In the UK people are picked up all the time and raids are carried out and when caught illegally in the country are treated with dignaty deported or given the right to court/legal system to appeal. However we do not have this plastered all over the news demonising people and broadcasting phone numbers to report people because they do not like them or jealous of them. That is what we object to. 

6 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Yes, I understand your point, but it doesn't have to be broadcast on national media like it is here, with the sole goal of making the immigrant the really bad guy.

Yes, catch overstayers cause that is their job, but stop sucking your own d@@ks along the way. Do your job, send them home and get on with it. This back patting is incredibly annoying and quite childish actually.

The purpose of this attention is to turn the Thai's against the foreigner and this is being done in plain site by this government. It's sad to see it happening. ????

9 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Why the need for all the biometrics? Surely all they have to do is open the passport and check the stamp, but I guess that doesn't sound as glamorous as a 'smart car'

They've got to justify the ridiculous amount of money they paid for a laptop with a wifi connection somehow.

2 hours ago, thequietman said:

Yes, catch overstayers cause that is their job, but stop sucking your own d@@ks along the way. Do your job, send them home and get on with it. This back patting is incredibly annoying and quite childish actually.

I just try to imagine what it would mean if the head of national immigration in a country like Germany did a press conference with chart boards etc. for catching an overstayer/illegal entry. It would need a stadium to hang the charts.

In other countries this is reserved for murderers, homicide, rapists, drug lords etc.

Archived