Thaivisa exclusive: Indian entertainment moguls plan to open "Nana Plaza" style Go-Go venue in Pattaya

webfact

On 12/17/2019 at 10:21 AM, sniggie said:

I do hope he has ordered a bulk quantity of brown envelopes. Only way this has a chance of working.

Here, here.  I visit a number of bars every month (I don't drink).  Every one pays protection money for 'music licences' and the like.  

Pattaya will never join the Twentieth (not a misprint) Century till it gets a proper police force.

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

Moving the Beach Road girls to the Avenue could actually work. They could inhabit the area out front where the pop up market and the cocktail vans currently live. Pattaya's very own Nana Car Park. Have a police amnesty on the area. Safer for the punters, safer for the girls.

I have been to Nana Plaza several times but I have never been to the Nana Car Park. I think I missed something ????

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gdaymate said:

Clicked on this link from another forum and feel the need to step in as I know the guys from Baku group. Firstly I must say the OPs article is mostly utter rubbish and very misleading to the reader. This venue is NOT targeting the Indian market. It is an entertainment venue just like any other and it’s open to anyone. Poorly written and worded. Yes the Baku Group has an Indian owner and the group own many other bars and businesses in Thailand. Their are other partners in the group. Australian, English etc. None of their other businesses have an even small percentage of Indian customers. They cater to mostly westerners. Lastly I have never read so many negative and racist comments anywhere else on the web. There really are some sad individuals posting on this forum. How many times do we have to read the same stereotypical jokes. Pathetic. As far as I know the project is going ahead with full approval from the authorities. Majority of you posting on here need to get a life. Kudos to the group for having a go at something like this. Back to your basements. 

if 'getting a life' in your eyes is spending time and money on a dump that looks like Nana Plaza, you can keep it.  There is more to life than (deleted) holes like this one will be, run by slime balls and corrupt (as they must be to get permission to open)  'business people' of whatever ethnicity. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder if he is targeting farangs or Indians and I assume it will be staffed by Thais. The farang bars I saw were pretty dead. Only the ones attracting Asians were busy. Bars catering to Indians with Thai girls? Kinda doubt it.

A friend just signed a lease for a hair salon. Will there be a mix of businesses? 

Maybe an area of Russian bars, an area of Indian bars, an area of Japanese bars, an area of farang bars etc. Naw.

If it happens it will be interesting to see how it goes.

That this will be open in about 4 months is, ummm, amazing.

I remember a friend, who lives in Thailand, told me that the way to leave Pattaya with a million dollars is to bring 4 million dollars.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, champers said:

but will the new businesses be scattered amongst existing businesses or will those already there be moved

Almost the entire second floor is empty ( or maybe the first floor ? depending on how you count them  )

10 hours ago, Pilotman said:

if 'getting a life' in your eyes is spending time and money on a dump that looks like Nana Plaza, you can keep it.  There is more to life than (deleted) holes like this one will be, run by slime balls and corrupt (as they must be to get permission to open)  'business people' of whatever ethnicity. 

Well, thanks for saying that those who like it can keep it. And the converse is that those who do NOT like it can stay away - simples!

I think it's called "choice".

I shall check it out next trip: stay if i like, go if I don't.

12 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

The new tourists are lower class Indians, lower class Chinese and working class Russians. Despite what TAT says they spend far less money than your average male Western tourists during their visits. People from these "new" countries who have money visit other countries which better suit their expectations. Pattaya has no attraction for them.

OMG Danny boy, you're actually admitting what the place is. 

Too bad you're stuck there, keep the mask on, and keep the faith

10 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

The ‘old’ tourists were also lower class westerners. The only reason they could come and spend money here was because of the currency exchange rate and the cheaper prices. In their own countries, they were not exactly doctors or lawyers or surgeons but truck drivers, rubbish collectors and other blue collar workers who were not exactly rolling in it. 

Thank you for pointing that out. It certsinly needed doing.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 1:08 PM, VocalNeal said:

Muslims want to open go-go bars? I don't believe it.

They ABSOLUTELY DO.

If you don’t believe it, go to Bahrain Thursday to Sat.........it is full of Saudi’s that have driven there for booze, drugs, hookers to forget they are Muslims......Sat night they drive the Causeway back to Saudi to see Allah until the following Thursday.

lived n worked Middle East 7 yrs.......FACT~!!

All those a Gulf State countries bars are full of Filipina, Asian, Russian hookers that could never exist there if it wasn’t blessed by the corruption of those in charge.......MORE FACT~!!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

How long before the Indians just pay Thai girls to work in brothels, happy massage, or nightclubs in India, for wealthy Indians? 

Much the same way Thai hookers are working in The Middle East, and in western countries. 

Thai massage parlours exist in the far East like Korea and Japan as well. The women are very well paid compared to what they would earn in Thailand.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

How long before the Indians just pay Thai girls to work in brothels, happy massage, or nightclubs in India, for wealthy Indians? 

Much the same way Thai hookers are working in The Middle East, and in western countries. 

They already do.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Captain 776 said:

All those a Gulf State countries bars are full of Filipina, Asian, Russian hookers that could never exist there if it wasn’t blessed by the corruption of those in charge.......MORE FACT~!!!!

Well no, not actually fact ....not 'ALL those Gulf States" Else those from KSA would not need to drive over the causway, they would be in the Nana equivalent in Dhahran or Dammam. 

14 hours ago, mostcurious said:

Thai massage parlours exist in the far East like Korea and Japan as well. The women are very well paid compared to what they would earn in Thailand.

That's my point.

If Pattaya attracts low end package holiday Indian tourists, because the more wealthy Indian tourists will not come here, it will not be long before Thai girls go to India for the more wealthy Indian clients, working in nightclubs and brothels.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I haven't been to India for years, but if what you say is true, I am not surprised, and would expect more and more Thai hookers to travel there to work.

They go to work in massage shops and have no illusions about what that entails. It is all about the money. 

• Like 1