Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Thaivisa exclusive: Indian entertainment moguls plan to open "Nana Plaza" style Go-Go venue in Pattaya

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, johng said:

I think you are a bit optimistic on the time scale..and is that a no on the work starting yet  ?

 

The things can go very quickly here for the works

the labor is cheap so you can have dowens of workers on a site

plus they can work h24 and 7\7, 

AFAIK no any work starting yet on the site.

But i can pick a boo again in the next days if you want

 

And you are right about the others reasons of the commercial failure

but the location is imo the main part of it. Pattaya doesn't work with 

repetitives and loyals customers, most are here for one stay and only one

they will not back in the future, So it's very important to be on the way of ''the flux''

if you have nothing very special or very different to offer.

Edited by kingofthemountain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

But i can pick a boo again in the next days if you want

That would be good,maybe take some photos if there is any sign of works in progress.

 

P_20190517_100008.thumb.jpg.7ae56c7a7efa582ddd6040b829979f3a.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, johng said:

That would be good,maybe take some photos if there is any sign of works in progress.

 

P_20190517_100008.thumb.jpg.7ae56c7a7efa582ddd6040b829979f3a.jpg

No problem, i will do that soon

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Pattaya doesn't work with 

repetitives and loyals customers, most are here for one stay and only one

That is true of the majority of the current demographic of tourist, but wasn't always the case with the traditional western market, many of whom would return again, with many also returning more than once a year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this supposed to be good news? 

 

If they could think straight they would just start putting proper clubs up... the kind that any youngster likes to go to. Then, load them up with bargirls. That is the combo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, sucit said:

Is this supposed to be good news? 

 

If they could think straight they would just start putting proper clubs up... the kind that any youngster likes to go to. Then, load them up with bargirls. That is the combo. 

The majority of tourist to Thailand / Pattaya are now Chinese and Indian, and a lot of them not so young.  They can buy food, alcohol, and sex, cheaper in their own country.

 

What makes you think they will go to the restaurants, bars, and clubs here, and spend up? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Leaver said:

That is true of the majority of the current demographic of tourist, but wasn't always the case with the traditional western market, many of whom would return again, with many also returning more than once a year. 

You are right

indeed i was talking about the actual situation

and as one of the reasons it should be a challenge for this specific project

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

and as one of the reasons it should be a challenge for this specific project

Who says it's a real project? 

 

It's only got to appear to be a real project.  🙂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leaver said:

Who says it's a real project? 

 

It's only got to appear to be a real project.  🙂

i see what you mean

wait and see, the opening is sheduled for april

in only 10 weeks, so we will quick know how it ends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Leaver said:

What makes you think they will go to the restaurants, bars, and clubs here, and spend up? 

It surely will only be happening if prices are substantially lower and not the silliness you get up the street, of 200 baht for a glass of colored water and 175 for a small bottled beer, that is sometimes still tepid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, johng said:

I think you are a bit optimistic on the time scale..and is that a no on the work starting yet  ?

 

The other reasons, no air-conditioning  and (reportedly) high rents that only the big players like Starbug,Macadonuts and the cinema chain could afford.

Individual premises have AC, as will the gogos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2020 at 11:23 AM, kingofthemountain said:

No problem, i will do that soon

Well I went to look today Mr D.I.Y has some good stuff !!

 

Red sign been there for a long time  don't think its connected to this "new venture"

P_20200116_132418.thumb.jpg.c2702f55cac7327b0ad0891af4a3d7e8.jpg

 

Space for rent

P_20200116_132527.thumb.jpg.b47470598d64606e192ea4ea08ec87d1.jpg

 

All the fitness equipment still there on the second floor

bright_P_20200116_132611.thumb.jpg.9dd7b2a3562aebdb3eb7813d37f7b857.jpg

 

P_20200116_132543.thumb.jpg.e8cd79bf04e6a0199baaf3bb9da98688.jpg

 

Empty

bright_P_20200116_132403_1.thumb.jpg.b58bb5772db43aea3b498f1376b8ea7e.jpgbright_P_20200116_132922.thumb.jpg.75a848b4a9ed3747f2a922e103d7d5f5.jpgP_20200116_133111.thumb.jpg.d0a30bcc2bdefee161e39ff445bc733c.jpg

P_20200116_133035.thumb.jpg.46cfa26ecb3c63ee165a7a6f401c18e4.jpg

 

Passport office still there on 3rd floor

P_20200116_132852.thumb.jpg.c8b3a1d6a0e3d2a1d040a3441f86930a.jpg

 

P_20200116_132433.thumb.jpg.1936d94f980b8883d66e2432cad143ef.jpg

 

No sign of any renovation activity what so ever.

P_20200116_133128.thumb.jpg.ba8c72920c452b209482b6d77df13727.jpg

 

Mr D.I.Y   still had bags  as did  Foodmart at Jomtien/Theprasit bravo to those 2

Lots of Russians on Jomtien beach and quite busy in town for a Thursday.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 3:09 AM, kingofthemountain said:

i see what you mean

wait and see, the opening is sheduled for april

in only 10 weeks, so we will quick know how it ends

Maybe it has already ended, before it has even started.  🙂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 10:29 AM, jacko45k said:

It surely will only be happening if prices are substantially lower and not the silliness you get up the street, of 200 baht for a glass of colored water and 175 for a small bottled beer, that is sometimes still tepid. 

I would say the prices would have to be near the 7/11 prices, to attract the current demographic of tourists.  🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johng said:

All the fitness equipment still there on the second floor

AFAIK the fitness room not move in the future project

as some others shops like the cinema, bowling and the Macdonald

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...