BANGKOK
webfact

Thaivisa exclusive: Indian entertainment moguls plan to open "Nana Plaza" style Go-Go venue in Pattaya

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

I would say the prices would have to be near the 7/11 prices, to attract the current demographic of tourists.  🙂

It seems to be working in LK Metro/ Buakhao area but for a different demographic than you are thinking of. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

It seems to be working in LK Metro/ Buakhao area but for a different demographic than you are thinking of. 

I think it will be aiming for the same demograpic. There's plenty of room for development along Soi 15 which would make a bridge, 2nd Road, The Avenue, Soi 15, Soi Buakhao. Similar to Tree Town further down. Already signs of development on Soi 15 with the new GCs opening off Soi 15.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

I think it will be aiming for the same demograpic. There's plenty of room for development along Soi 15 which would make a bridge, 2nd Road, The Avenue, Soi 15, Soi Buakhao. Similar to Tree Town further down. Already signs of development on Soi 15 with the new GCs opening off Soi 15.

You are right, it should be the idea behind the project

however i wish them more success than Tree town

a little bit busy at the moment because it's high season

but the area was totaly dead before that (And probably dead again after)

still some hotties in these bars (And a lot of LB also hehe)

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You are talking about the larger establishments offering 2 for 1 drinks, right?

I've said before, you need a premises big enough for that business model, and a small bar isn't big enough to make that business model work.

We just don't know what is planned for The Avenue.  Maybe some of the big floor plan areas of the complex will be turned into indoor air conditioned live music venues, with the 2 for 1 business model, at the prices the same as Billabong Bar and Triangle Bar.  If that happens, the Billabong bar and Triangle Bar may be heavily impacted.  

Just on the topic of floor plan size, and the 2 for 1 business model, the Billabong Bar would close tomorrow if the authorities did not allow them to have all those tables on the street.  It would then simply not be big enough for the 2 for 1 business model, and would have to revert back to 80 or 90 baht beers, and there goes the customer base.

Certainly, a small bar, like a beer bar in a beer bar complex, can not implement the 2 for 1 business model.  So, it will depend just how much they carve up the floor space at The Avenue, but a big indoor air conditioned floor space area, with live music, offering 2 for 1 drinks, and similar prices to Bilabong Bar and Triangle Bar, would do well.  Hint Hint Mr. Baku.  🙂 

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

Certainly, a small bar, like a beer bar in a beer bar complex, can not implement the 2 for 1 business model.  So, it will depend just how much they carve up the floor space at The Avenue, but a big indoor air conditioned floor space area, with live music, offering 2 for 1 drinks, and similar prices to Bilabong Bar and Triangle Bar, would do well.  Hint Hint Mr. Baku.

It would be the only empty bar in the complex. 2 for one in the Triangle is a complete rip off. 130 baht whether you drink one beer or two. What kind of business model is that?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

What kind of business model is that?

A successful one by all accounts :coffee1:

45 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

It would be the only empty bar in the complex. 2 for one in the Triangle is a complete rip off. 130 baht whether you drink one beer or two. What kind of business model is that?

65 baht a beer in a centrally located venue with live music, and sport on the TV's to keep an eye on, and not being pestered by staff to buy them a drink.

Where else in the area can you find similar, other than Billabong Bar? 

These venues are not places you call into for just one beer, whilst having a stroll around.  Most go to these places to settle in for a while.

5 minutes ago, Leaver said:

65 baht a beer in a centrally located venue with live music, and sport on the TV's to keep an eye on, and not being pestered by staff to buy them a drink.

Where else in the area can you find similar, other than Billabong Bar? 

These venues are not places you call into for just one beer, whilst having a stroll around.  Most go to these places to settle in for a while.

!30 baht/ber if you only want one. What if you want 3,5,7 beers. A rip off. Other bars in the area serving beer at 65 baht.

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

!30 baht/ber if you only want one. What if you want 3,5,7 beers. A rip off. Other bars in the area serving beer at 65 baht.

Give one to your friend, or give it to a stranger next to you, or stay 20 mins more and have another.

Can you name some bars in the area offering 65 baht beers, with live music, and sport on the TV's to keep an eye on, that are not selling sex?

No, I didn't think so. 

I'm looking forward to this project being realised. I think it's a great idea for this particular property. 

5 minutes ago, androokery said:

I think it's a great idea for this particular property. 

Not like the property was doing anything much anyway.

• Haha 1