Thaivisa exclusive: Indian entertainment moguls plan to open "Nana Plaza" style Go-Go venue in Pattaya

webfact

14 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

The players, among whom I used to be, have left the building...

People who use the services of prostitutes , tend to keep quiet about it, back in the West .

When you are back home, do you tell everyone that you use prostitutes ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Indeed I'm glad that you decided to step back from the rants of an ignorant, racist rabble. Indians were here long before most of the people posting here arrived in Pattaya.

Indians are also more closely related to Thailand than many of the westerners posting here. So the petty insults don't endear them to anyone, but other stupid racists.

These guys are thais, with thai passports from a sikh heritage and came to thailand many many moons ago. The nana owner are also Thais, just because they have indian heritage doesn't make they are non thai - they have thai passports after all and were born here, same as the Sino Thais, Laos-Thais or anyone else.

They have the same rights here as every other Thai and that's why they are successful, that's fundamentaly different compared to a random indian or farrang opening a titty bar complex - which is literally what is happening here.

The way that guy speaks and gives an interview yeez, Did you ever hear of a random spontanous call to Thaivisa for some lame advertisement before? I didn't, says enough about the owner.... Seems blue behind the ears and naive to me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Hahaha, what a laugh, the Indians are truly moving in!!!!

theyl be taking over soon. 2-3-4-5 guys splitting bar fines, sharing drinks, curry stalls out front. Pattaya- little calcutta????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Charter flights, walking 6- abreast down the streets. They can't fill the bars now, another 39 bars- gogos. Pattaya is turning into a circus.

Ummm, when was Pattaya NOT a circus? Isn't that why we go there? And I see couples and families up and down Walking Street every time I go there, what do you think they're doing? THEY'RE THERE TO SEE THE F-NG CIRCUS! Not the sex and debauchery itself, but the outer facade, like posing for selfies with the cabaret ladyboys. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

These guys are thais, with thai passports from a sikh heritage and came to thailand many many moons ago. The nana owner are also Thais, just because they have indian heritage doesn't make they are non thai - they have thai passports after all and were born here, same as the Sino Thais, Laos-Thais or anyone else.

They have the same rights here as every other Thai and that's why they are successful, that's fundamentaly different compared to a random indian or farrang opening a titty bar complex - which is literally what is happening here.

The way that guy speaks and gives an interview yeez, Did you ever hear of a random spontanous call to Thaivisa for some lame advertisement before? I didn't, says enough about the owner.... Seems blue behind the ears and naive to me.

if they have Thai passports why was work permit mentioned ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kevin2012 said:

Why is everyone assuming the target market is Indians?

Just because the owners are Indian, does not mean that is their target demographic. 

As I understand it, Nana Plaza is owned by Indians, and they have been running that for a long, long time, I assume successfully, and that is not specifically targetted at any one demographic.

Nana is owned by Thais who happen to be of Indian decent

• Like 1

"These guys are thais, with thai passports from a sikh heritage and came to thailand many many moons ago. The nana owner are also Thais, just because they have indian heritage doesn't make they are non thai - they have thai passports after all and were born here..."

Wrong.

If one or more parents weren't Thai, they're not Thai.

No such thing as Thais of "Indian descent".  Thailand is not America.  There is no citizenship by birth, only "blood".

https://www.legal.co.th/resources/visa-immigration-law/nationality-law/are-children-born-thailand-automatically-thai-citizens/

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Sean said that there are 39 units and that 17 have already been allocated. Twenty two more are up for grabs. Unit sizes are from 70 up to 400 square meters. 

Kiss the families goodbye then... I hope Pattaya loves Indians.

• Like 1

Apart from Villa, and maybe even including it, every business going into The Avenues has been a dismal flop, including the recently closed "exclusive  night club" whose name escapes me. 

I doubt this will be any different.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

No i have never been to Nana complex in Bangkok

but you misunderstanding my comment, i am not talking about

the noise created by the establisments themselves, but more than

the noise of the drunk customers shouting on the parking area

a sort of collateral damage.

Out of curiosity how works Nana plaza in Bangkok?

I have heard from differents sources from the last months

it was pretty calm and not far to die

Go there, dummy. Don't ask us, see for yourself. Nana is well managed with tight security

6 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Yes, the taste is far different. There is an Indian Club in BKK Soi Nana called Bad Shah, their "coyotes" really are canines.

With all the screeching about the Pattaya sex industry pro and con, perhaps this business plan would be better served by repurposing some of the now less frequented venues in the more shady area.

Use a compass or read maps much? Badshah is not in Soi Nana, but further down on Soi 4 across from a normal lively pub. 

3 minutes ago, Grusa said:

Apart from Villa, and maybe even including it, every business going into The Avenues has been a dismal flop,

Really?? :blink:

What about the Major Cineplex and the bowling alley  by example ? There wouldn't be there from the beginning if they were not doing decent business :wink: and they will continue :thumbsup:

Smaller business like Mc Donald, Starbuck... probably do well and will stay here to.