Thaivisa exclusive: Indian entertainment moguls plan to open "Nana Plaza" style Go-Go venue in Pattaya

webfact

57 minutes ago, agood1963 said:

I would not go , and i think many more would'nt , i am not racist i have had dealing with indians when i lived in the UK . I do not trust them and a large percentage of thais will not either . It will completely destroy  tourism when they move in and also course trouble .

Oh please....I thought you lot were already dead and gone.

You are clearly an absolutely "dyed in the wool" racist. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Why are people assuming this new venture will be targeted at Indian clientele ?

Good remark and yes, many people wrong in previous posts assuming this would be a for-Indian-only/mainly place.

The Baku Group are investors, and they already own several farang-oriented places, like Bachelor's Agogo by example.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Go there, dummy. Don't ask us, see for yourself. Nana is well managed with tight security

You are not forced to be rude in your comment

except if you feel better after that, and if this case

i recomand you to do a work on yourself maybe with an outside help

have a nice day

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Really?? :blink:

What about the Major Cineplex and the bowling alley  by example ? There wouldn't be there from the beginning if they were not doing decent business :wink: and they will continue :thumbsup:

Smaller business like Mc Donald, Starbuck... probably do well and will stay here to.

Cinema is mostly empty. Bowling probably the same, i bet 10 baht both make losses every year

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

These guys are thais, with thai passports from a sikh heritage and came to thailand many many moons ago. The nana owner are also Thais, just because they have indian heritage doesn't make they are non thai - they have thai passports after all and were born here, same as the Sino Thais, Laos-Thais or anyone else.

They have the same rights here as every other Thai and that's why they are successful, that's fundamentaly different compared to a random indian or farrang opening a titty bar complex - which is literally what is happening here.

The way that guy speaks and gives an interview yeez, Did you ever hear of a random spontanous call to Thaivisa for some lame advertisement before? I didn't, says enough about the owner.... Seems blue behind the ears and naive to me.

I'm not speaking as to his business acumen and whether the idea will actually come to fruition.

But the level of comment here really scrapes the barrel. 

Racists making racist comments, who think that if they write that they are not racist whilst making racist comments....

Really low class. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Cinema is mostly empty. Bowling probably the same, i bet 10 baht both make losses every year

I totaly agree

the city has already far too much multiplex cinemas

most of the theaters are empty

considering the ridiculous amount of money the ''big boss''

has already in fact they are now just interested by the number of ''screens''

and not really by the net income.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Cineplex

19 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Really?? :blink:

What about the Major Cineplex and the bowling alley  by example ? There wouldn't be there from the beginning if they were not doing decent business :wink: and they will continue :thumbsup:

Smaller business like Mc Donald, Starbuck... probably do well and will stay here to.

The Major Cineplex is my favoured cinema in Pattaya. Most times I go, the theatre is only 10% occupied. The bowling, not so sure, I never go. There is an entry from the toilets on third floor, looking in through the day rarely more than one lane in use.

There are so many McDonalds and Starbucks around, it would be interesting to rank them against each other, on a bums/square metre/day basis. I would bet the Avenues would be nowhere near the top.

Villa generally has vastly more staff than customers. California wow went tits-up, the new lot don't seem all that busy. The hairdressers just closed. The newer one is expensive and empty. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

If you have a problem with a comment and you think it's against the forum rules

you can use the report button on the right of the post.

The free speach and free thinking is already enough restricted in a lot of places

so this forum need to stay a freedom place where everybody can express his opinion.

You like it or not, it's your problem. You can also choose to not read it if you are not

confortable with the concept

have a nice day

Rubbish. If it were a "freedom place" there would be no need for moderators. Read the forum rules and then get back to me.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Do you imagine that we have no members of Indian extraction here?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grusa said:

The Major Cineplex is my favoured cinema in Pattaya. Most times I go, the theatre is only 10% occupied. The bowling, not so sure, I never go. There is an entry from the toilets on third floor, looking in through the day rarely more than one lane in use.

There are so many McDonalds and Starbucks around, it would be interesting to rank them against each other, on a bums/square metre/day basis. I would bet the Avenues would be nowhere near the top.

Villa generally has vastly more staff than customers. California wow went tits-up, the new lot don't seem all that busy. The hairdressers just closed. The newer one is expensive and empty. 

Major Cineplex Group were also involved with California Wow...

45 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

The target will be convincing  people who run bars to relocate to the Avenue based upon lower rents and lower prices.  The goal will be to take busines away from Walking Street; Soi 6-8 and LK Metro.

I agree.  They will try to make The Avenue Plaza an entertainment hub, in the center of Pattaya, but with cheaper rents, therefore, in theory, cheaper prices for customers, to knock out the competition. 

So, the tourist pie, and baht, is cut into even thinner slices, with more bars, go go's etc on the way. 

17 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Rubbish. If it were a "freedom place" there would be no need for moderators. Read the forum rules and then get back to me.

Do you imagine that we have no members of Indian extraction here?

No freedom without rules

and no respect of the rules without someone to enforces them

(On a forum it's the moderators)

AFAIK you are not a moderator, so you are not qualified to decide if

a rule is broken or not.

You can call my post rubbish because you don't understand it, but doesn't 

give any more sense at your comment

And i don't care from where are the members

i don't write my comments regarding of who read them

if you start to do that, you end writing nothing at all

just in case to offend someone somewhere

again if something is out of the limits, use the report button

or stay relax and take it with a pinch of salt

up to you

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

Well look at the bright side...all the +35 yo and fatties will have a chance to dance the pole once again.

All the ladyboys on Beach Road and indeed Pattaya will be gainfully employed.

MIA and Bhangra bound to be played in clubs now.

Masala dosa available 24/7.

Straw manufacturers will see sales skyrocket.

• Haha 1