Thaivisa exclusive: Indian entertainment moguls plan to open "Nana Plaza" style Go-Go venue in Pattaya

webfact

2 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

"These guys are thais, with thai passports from a sikh heritage and came to thailand many many moons ago. The nana owner are also Thais, just because they have indian heritage doesn't make they are non thai - they have thai passports after all and were born here..."

Wrong.

If one or more parents weren't Thai, they're not Thai.

No such thing as Thais of "Indian descent".  Thailand is not America.  There is no citizenship by birth, only "blood".

https://www.legal.co.th/resources/visa-immigration-law/nationality-law/are-children-born-thailand-automatically-thai-citizens/

Thanks for that:

"That exception is this - two foreign-born permanent residents in the Kingdom of Thailand, if they should have a child in the Kingdom then that child will be born Thai."

https://www.legal.co.th/resources/visa-immigration-law/nationality-law/are-children-born-thailand-automatically-thai-citizens/

And is it too much to imagine that an Indian Sikh might have a Thai partner who had converted to Sikhism (happens a lot around the world) so their Thai nationality would pass to the child. 

(I assume you understand that Sikhism is not a Nationality)

Edited by Enoon

14 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

e8dd7cea80d387b68e56ed19c375e946.jpg

is it ok to post images of your ex g/f's on here ? I mean with that one from Brisbane looking to try 'african' , I for one would not relish the idea of going through your photo album. 

• Like 1

Is the Thai Immigration staying top floor?

Guess the Thai authorities knew something we didn't that the Indians will save the day! 

Guess there will be lots of standing traffic on 2nd road since the Indians like to hold everything up negotiating Tuk Tuk fares?

Very interesting times in Pattaya?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Okay I am a little confused.  between south and central is a large area.  Can some of you guys narrow it down for me.

It sounds like he is trying to or going to compete with the Thais that own Walking Street.

If that is the case it might not be a bad idea.  They need to change walking street anyway it is looking more and more ike a crowded version of PatPong and soi Cowboy rolled into one thing.

If they are sucessful and the guys on waling street start to lose business then maybe they can revamp it to a family area like they planned.  Yes I am dreaming.

Where soi 15 from Buakhao meets second road, same complex as foodworld, several empty units upstairs

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

"Rents are less than a quarter of the cost at Nana Plaza," said Sean. "No way will anyone else go anywhere but here

If the bar fines, beer prices, and lady drinks at less than a quarter the cost of Nana Bangkok, I will be a regular.  ????:clap2:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Indeed I'm glad that you decided to step back from the rants of an ignorant, racist rabble. Indians were here long before most of the people posting here arrived in Pattaya.

Indians are also more closely related to Thailand than many of the westerners posting here. So the petty insults don't endear them to anyone, but other stupid racists.

Virtue signalling ...much

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Kevbo said:

Where soi 15 from Buakhao meets second road, same complex as foodworld, several empty units upstairs

There is a Villa Market grocery there, not sure about foodworld? Is that the food court?

Just now, Skallywag said:

There is a Villa Market grocery there, not sure about foodworld? Is that the food court?

grab a teelak from the bar, a cucumber from Villa then head to a love lounge at the cinema...sounds like a great night out !!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The authorities are going to love this guy. They do everything they can to stamp out smut and he is going to stick a huge GoGo right in the middle of 2nd road, where every family tourist is going to be walking by.

They have NOT tried to stamp out what you call smut. Not at all. New Go Gos open all the time. There might be a plan to move go go bars and the entertainment scene away from Beach Rd and Walking St. This development therefore is in line with such plans as is the growth of the Soi Buakao area.

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

Oh how lovely, Pattaya needs more bars right? This kind of venue will definitely inforce Pattaya as a family oriented destination, i hope he will not forget to install some kiddy playground in the complex...

It needs to forget the family nonsense...

10 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Hahaha, what a laugh, the Indians are truly moving in!!!!

theyl be taking over soon. 2-3-4-5 guys splitting bar fines, sharing drinks, curry stalls out front. Pattaya- little calcutta????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Charter flights, walking 6- abreast down the streets. They can't fill the bars now, another 39 bars- gogos. Pattaya is turning into a circus.

Indians have historically been big landowners and entrepreneurs in Thailand. They own much of sukhumvit and the Nana hotel and Nana plaza.. both places that did not used to allow Indians in!

9 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Will they hand out free underarm deodorant at the door with mandatory use?

You are woefully ignorant of the role of Indians in Thailand.  They own land ans have massive business interests,  including Nana Plaza, Nana Hotel and hold tracts of land around Sukhumvit.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, moe666 said:

Because Sean doesn't have a Thai Passport

4 hours ago, Don Mega said:

if they have Thai passports why was work permit mentioned ?

I obviously meant the successful Thai-Sikhs that are well integrated in Thailand and run a plethora of businesses including Nana.

Not that indian guy with a fake name that makes weird thaivisa advertisement calls.

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

LK Metro was meant to replace Walking St but it's nowhere near as good. This is probably the only use of the Avenue that may work, but won't be popular with farang, which isn't the intention anyway

Very few falangs I know go to WS any more. They are happier in LKM and Sois Diana and Bhukaow.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

This guy has too many names. Sean, Scott Griffiths, presumably an Indian name. I don't much like investing in people who have too many names.

Scott Griffiths is from the North of England and is not Indian. He was / is part owner of Sensations bar in Action Street, Soi Bakhoew (sp). The Baku group have different bars in Pattaya, like the Roof (in the Avenue). They also have the Baku guesthouse behind Soi 15 and i'm sure other interests. Sean may not be an Indian as suggested in the article.