Thaivisa exclusive: Indian entertainment moguls plan to open "Nana Plaza" style Go-Go venue in Pattaya

webfact

4 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

"These guys are thais, with thai passports from a sikh heritage and came to thailand many many moons ago. The nana owner are also Thais, just because they have indian heritage doesn't make they are non thai - they have thai passports after all and were born here..."

Wrong.

If one or more parents weren't Thai, they're not Thai.

No such thing as Thais of "Indian descent".  Thailand is not America.  There is no citizenship by birth, only "blood".

https://www.legal.co.th/resources/visa-immigration-law/nationality-law/are-children-born-thailand-automatically-thai-citizens/

Sure, that's why they have their own wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhism_in_Thailand

They came here in the 19 hundreds dude, as tons of chinese - sino-thais: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Chinese

and tons of persian-thais like the bunnag family: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunnag_family

and tons of other groups.

They are all THAI, they have thai passports nowadays, except some hilltribes. Same as some on this forum are THAI now because they got Thai citizenship and thus the same rights as other Thais after working here. Must be a hard concept to understand.

3 hours ago, Don Mega said:

What was ThomasTHBKK dribbling on about then?

You lack reading comprehension obviously.

I said that guy is a random indian and cannot be compared to the Thai Sikh as they are Thai citizens, and very well integrated and they run a wide network of businesses in Thailand. Many of those came to Pattaya in the 70s when Tourism started from other thai provinces.

4 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

India, after all, is also in the Asian continent. Indian languages share Sanskrit roots with Thai, as well as their Hindu deities. I tell people there is virtually no racism (the ugly malignant American type) here, I need to qualify that by saying there is generally no malignant racism in Thai culture, no one ever enslaved them or brought african slaves here to sow those seeds, but it exists still among the foreigners who brought it here with them along with their other western plagues. 

Have you ever met a Thai? 555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Most Thais feel the same way about Indians as we do. I think you are mistaking SE England for Thailand.

Difficult question for you to answer, what being a right on "non racist" 

Not surprising that you choose not to answer the question .

We shall never know how you feel about Indians, but its clearly nor an affection for them ..........not racist though, only right wingers are racist though

4 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

India, after all, is also in the Asian continent. Indian languages share Sanskrit roots with Thai, as well as their Hindu deities. I tell people there is virtually no racism (the ugly malignant American type) here, I need to qualify that by saying there is generally no malignant racism in Thai culture, no one ever enslaved them or brought african slaves here to sow those seeds, but it exists still among the foreigners who brought it here with them along with their other western plagues. 

Really, so it is the racist farangs who make the multicultural Thai guest house and small hotel owners turn away Indian tourists, saying they are full when they are at least half-empty.

Never realised that.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Very few falangs I know go to WS any more. They are happier in LKM and Sois Diana and Bhukaow.

I agree - WS is for tourists and the occasional visit. LKM and Bhukaow area are for those of us who either live in Patts or visit regularly and know the value of a Baht!

I took my mate who paid his first ever visit to Pattaya this year to as many places as I could in 3 weeks (quite a lot!). Without me suggesting my opinion, he decided that WS was as I said above. I think this Avenue venture might end up like "Action Street" - ie the street with NO action, although, to be fair Avenue is better situated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suspectdevice said:

Scott Griffiths is from the North of England and is not Indian. He was / is part owner of Sensations bar in Action Street, Soi Bakhoew (sp). The Baku group have different bars in Pattaya, like the Roof (in the Avenue). They also have the Baku guesthouse behind Soi 15 and i'm sure other interests. Sean may not be an Indian as suggested in the article.

Thank You Scott/Sean for clarifying that.

4 hours ago, tyga said:

I remember when it was all fields...Well it had a very laid back bungalow resort on it, full of mostly Germans and their Thai partners, until about 2000. It was one of the many green and natural areas that was once in the area (like the field in 1991 with one beer bar in it where Kiss Food and Drink is now) which have all been turned into concrete. They were the relaxing and fun days of Pattaya. Glad I am out of there now... Too bad it had to change in such a dramatic way...

I think that resort was called the Palm villa. 

Certainly Scott Griffiths isn`t an Indian. Him and his then ladyboy partner were once the subject of a Pattaya documentary when they had sensations bar. He then became the face of The Roof which is a bar that currently resides in the Avenue Mall and it looks like now he is the spokesman for this current consortium. If his past history is anything to go by, well.....Ummm.

https://www.philstar.com/entertainment/2015/10/02/1506055/cnn-philippines-stories-presents-ladyboys-band

http://cyberspaceandtime.com/UtWETorSGfQ.video+related

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Skallywag said:

If the bar fines, beer prices, and lady drinks at less than a quarter the cost of Nana Bangkok, I will be a regular.  ????:clap2:

I prefer wait and see the girls first

its not all about the price

Some action in the Pattaya bush hill costs less than 200

but believe me you can hardly be a regular here ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jim P said:

Certainly Scott Griffiths isn`t an Indian. Him and his then ladyboy partner were once the subject of a Pattaya documentary when they had sensations bar. He then became the face of The Roof which is a bar that currently resides in the Avenue Mall and it looks like now he is the spokesman for this current consortium. If his past history is anything to go by, well.....Ummm.

https://www.philstar.com/entertainment/2015/10/02/1506055/cnn-philippines-stories-presents-ladyboys-band

http://cyberspaceandtime.com/UtWETorSGfQ.video+related

So there is already varying degrees of uncertainty about the identity of the 'entrepreneur' behind this proposed scheme. If he is as 'legit' as he claims, why all the cloak and dagger buffoonery? Sounds shonky to me. If the geezer is 'legit', then why hide behind aliases? Legit businessmen got on with it with no silly games. 

For me it  sums up nicely why the word 'entrepreneur' when read in conjunction with 'Pattaya' makes me want to steer well clear of the whole thing... 

I wonder how many non-Thai 'successful entrepreneurs' there have been in Pattaya over the years? One or two seem to be able to flog their 'snake oil' for a year or two, masked in fake self-publicity, before coming spectacularly unstuck. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

I prefer wait and see the girls first

its not all about the price

Some action in the Pattaya bush hill costs less than 200

but believe me you can hardly be a regular here ????

It's Bush mountain (is that how you got your forum name? 555) and the price has risen to 300 now. There are still bargains to be had in Pattaya.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

It's Bush mountain (is that how you got your forum name? 555) and the price has risen to 300 now. There are still bargains to be had in Pattaya.

555 you get it

but no way for me to pay more than 200 here

it's a maximum and honestly i don't name it a bargain

To bang an ugly tramp in the middle of the trash with some stray dogs around

and a junky hidden behind a tree spying the scene is reserved to few real perverts 

shame on me ????

17 minutes ago, IvorLott said:

So there is already varying degrees of uncertainty about the identity of the 'entrepreneur' behind this proposed scheme. If he is as 'legit' as he claims, why all the cloak and dagger buffoonery? Sounds shonky to me. If the geezer is 'legit', then why hide behind aliases? Legit businessmen got on with it with no silly games. 

For me it  sums up nicely why the word 'entrepreneur' when read in conjunction with 'Pattaya' makes me want to steer well clear of the whole thing... 

I wonder how many non-Thai 'successful entrepreneurs' there have been in Pattaya over the years? One or two seem to be able to flog their 'snake oil' for a year or two, masked in fake self-publicity, before coming spectacularly unstuck. 

Agree. The name "Baku" concerns me too. A number of "get rich quick" Indian businessmen operating out of Azerbaijan, which has become the "money cleaning" capital of the world of late, with heavy involvment from Russians and Iranians.

I've often wondered if that's why we see so many empty Indian restaurants in Pattaya and more continuing to open.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

555 you get it

but no way for me to pay more than 200 here

it's a maximum and honestly i don't name it a bargain

To bang an ugly tramp in the middle of the trash with some stray dogs around

and a junky hidden behind a tree spying the scene is reserved to few real perverts 

shame on me ????

Not perverts, an activity reserved for Pattaya legends. You don't happen to be the guy who got a BJ in exchange for a bottle of water? One of the great Pattaya stories.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Not perverts, an activity reserved for Pattaya legends. You don't happen to be the guy who got a BJ in exchange for a bottle of water? One of the great Pattaya stories.

aha no i am not this guy

but i always get 2 smalls bottles of fresh water from 7/11 with me when i come here

one for me (It's the local shower lol) and the other for the girl (She is always

happy to have some free fresh water after a hot hard time)

not sure if the legend come from this or not

if it was just after the Vietnam war it's not me

i am not here since ages 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Not perverts, an activity reserved for Pattaya legends.

Thank you i take it as a compliment

unfortunately i have been unable to jump in the level above

the 50 bts bj with a freakin old homeless LB behind the rocks 

on the seaside between Pattaya and Naklua

(I am sure you know where) 

there is no much below that in all the Chonburi area

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Haha 1

I cant be bothered to scan through 12 pages. The place will be a massive White Elephant. Its in totally the wrong area of Pattaya, neither near enough to Walking St or LK Metro. It needs passing customers from those locations to have any chance of success and they are not just around the corner. It will fail and most of the bars will close within 6 months, just wait and see.

4 minutes ago, jimn said:

I cant be bothered to scan through 12 pages. The place will be a massive White Elephant. Its in totally the wrong area of Pattaya, neither near enough to Walking St or LK Metro. It needs passing customers from those locations to have any chance of success and they are not just around the corner. It will fail and most of the bars will close within 6 months, just wait and see.

You don't get it

they don't want customers

they just want ''investissors'' ????

it means people with a bunch of money

but who have no clue about Pattaya and how it works

but for your analyse about the business model you are totaly right

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

You don't get it

they don't want customers

they just want ''investissors'' ????

On 2nd thoughts and after reading another post I have realised it will be open for April 1st. ThaiVisa, you have been scammed. Its just an early April fool joke.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The authorities are going to love this guy. They do everything they can to stamp out smut and he is going to stick a huge GoGo right in the middle of 2nd road, where every family tourist is going to be walking by.

Yes, BUT on the other hand maybe this is is a start of a positive not yet known trend - moving the go-go and-no-no bars further away from the beach road would  transformed the walking-street and the rest of the beach road to a family friendly street with limited traffic and healthy daytime activities mainly linked to the beach - something that need to be done if you want Pattaya to be a family friendly resort - for real ...

A present thought and a dream that could be a reality somewhere in the future ... :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, jimn said:

I believe that white elephants are sacred to Indians.

• Like 1