Thaivisa exclusive: Indian entertainment moguls plan to open "Nana Plaza" style Go-Go venue in Pattaya

webfact

19 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:
19 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nana doesn't cause noise outside the complex. Have you ever been there?

No i have never been to Nana complex in Bangkok

but you misunderstanding my comment, i am not talking about

the noise created by the establisments themselves, but more than

the noise of the drunk customers shouting on the parking area

a sort of collateral damage.

Out of curiosity how works Nana plaza in Bangkok?

I have heard from differents sources from the last months

it was pretty calm and not far to die

What "parking area"?

Have you ever been to Thailand?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

I consider Avenue to be sacrosanct.....I cant believe their turning it into a noisy brothel.

I hope property values in the area do not plummet due to the noise and unsavory vibe.

Feel bad for Villa Supermarket.

I don't agree with most of your political views. On this one you are spot on! Villa is my go-to place for groceries.

17 hours ago, Grusa said:

Apart from Villa, and maybe even including it, every business going into The Avenues has been a dismal flop, including the recently closed "exclusive  night club" whose name escapes me. 

I doubt this will be any different.

I think this will be very different. If I look for instance at all these bars in Soi Buakhao where the people are sitting next to the exhaust fumes of a lot of traffic then I think many of them will enjoy this new location. I think it has a huge potential if it is done correctly. And you also can park your vehicle there. You are also not forced to walk on a busy road like in Soi Buakhao. I haven't been to a bar for very many years but this place I will check out for sure. I wish him a lot of success. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

What "parking area"?

Have you ever been to Thailand?

yes i live in Pattaya, do you know the city and The Avenue?

If you go here you can see there is a small parking beside of the Avenue

in front of the actual Kasikorn bank

and an alley link this parking to the back of the mall (to soi 15, then soi bukkaow)

the parking is closed for the cars at night, and the alley is supposed

to be close to traffic also (Big signs and hence)because there is some hotels

and condos around with people inside which want to sleep.

Of course you can still drive in the alley at night with a motorbike

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Maybe he means Nana Car Park across the road. If you've never cruised in Nana Car Park, you've never lived.

i was talking about the parking area beside the Avenue Pattaya

which is the focus of this topic, sorry if my post wasn't clear about it

i can imagine it full of motosais, LB and drunk customers alls shouting

and create some noise problem, but i could be wrong.

Anyway, for a lot of reasons, i don't think the project could be succesfull

Edited by kingofthemountain

Thai Visa at its best, putting out another new article with only part of the information!

Why not inform the reader if the existing tenants in the Avenue will remain there? Like Starbucks? the Villa? Mc Donalds? Robin Hoods? the Cinema? D.I.Y?

I will assume that they will remain and that the 39 mentioned locations in the Avenue are those mostly up stairs or in the back corners..

I would thin k if your interview the new Landlord this would be a typical question in the interview.

29 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

I never considered the girls working in Pattaya's bars as prostitutes, in the sense given to this "activity" in the West. 

A very small minority of these girls will accept to go with any guy, as long as he pays, even less multiple times per day with multiple customers, if possible...which is exactly what Western prostitutes do. 

The vast majority of them has joined friends or family already in this "business", with the hope of finding Mr Right guy, who will take care of her for the rest of her life... something that is anathema for a Western prostitute. 

Having said that, being a regular customer in go go bars doesn't necessarily imply the use of prostitutes' services. 

The vast majority of go go bar customers only drink and watch... otherwise there would never be any girl on the premises... 

Finally, the closest thing to Western prostitutes one can find in Pattaya are the girls, most of them druggies, who stay day and night on the Beachwalk... 

You are right except for Beachwalk, the ''druggies'' ones are a minority 

(Even if there are more of them year after year). Most of the girls work here

just because they don't want to be ''stuck'' in a bar 12 hours\day 7\7 for 6000 bahts\month

some of them have a day work, or a family to take care of in the day time (And it's why you hardly see a lot of girls here in the day time) and they come here

at night to do some extra money, they can chose to go or not with a customer and they can also

chose to stop work when they want. In a bar it's a different story (Plus they are not forced to drink)

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

Was down that way last night and it is difficult to see how a Nana type venue will fit in. If starting from scratch no problem, but will the new businesses be scattered amongst existing businesses or will those already there be moved on? Interesting times ahead.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, champers said:

Was down that way last night and it is difficult to see how a Nana type venue will fit in. If starting from scratch no problem, but will the new businesses be scattered amongst existing businesses or will those already there be moved on? Interesting times ahead.

Its an early April fool, didnt you see the date?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

No freedom without rules

and no respect of the rules without someone to enforces them

(On a forum it's the moderators)

AFAIK you are not a moderator, so you are not qualified to decide if

a rule is broken or not.

You can call my post rubbish because you don't understand it, but doesn't 

give any more sense at your comment

And i don't care from where are the members

i don't write my comments regarding of who read them

if you start to do that, you end writing nothing at all

just in case to offend someone somewhere

again if something is out of the limits, use the report button

or stay relax and take it with a pinch of salt

up to you

No offence, but I couldn't be bothered to read it.

You too have that option for my posts.

3 hours ago, JESSVANPELT said:

Thai Visa at its best, putting out another new article with only part of the information!

Why not inform the reader if the existing tenants in the Avenue will remain there? Like Starbucks? the Villa? Mc Donalds? Robin Hoods? the Cinema? D.I.Y?

I will assume that they will remain and that the 39 mentioned locations in the Avenue are those mostly up stairs or in the back corners..

I would thin k if your interview the new Landlord this would be a typical question in the interview.

Perhaps you missed some of my earlier posts....

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Every time I have been around there, nobody about. I don't know how they survive, must spend a fortune chilling those cinemas down to a meat storage facility temperature. Yes McD and Starbucks appear to do well, and may well remain. Robin Hood is supposed to be picking up lately, don't see it working out on the equivalent of Nana's first floor. 

On the contrary, the food and beverage places are likely to thrive in a busy entertainment area.

Personally I hope it doesn`t happen. Its not a bad area to chill out in the evening at the cocktail cars, there`s some nice small market stalls and other small businesses, my gym is there, I eat regularly at The Robin Hood and I live in Soi 15. Last thing I want is more loud music banging out, steroid freaks bouncing around like they own the place and it generally becoming a trashy area. But if it does go ahead I guess there are plenty of mugs who think their holiday can be turned into a permanent vacation by throwing money at a bar and thats what this group appears to be looking for.

• Like 1