Karaoke sting nabs Thai woman offering underage girls for sex

webfact

Karaoke sting nabs Thai woman offering underage girls for sex

8pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Thailand's immigration announced the results of an inquiry in the town of Ban Phai in Khon Kaen in the north east of the country. 

The inquiry followed on from the arrest of a Japanese man who was caught with an underage girl. 

A sting was set up and an operative was sent into a karaoke lounge run by 44 year old Wanphen. 

There the operative sat with "A" who was 17. He was permitted to fondle her and bought her a lady's drink for 150 baht. She would get 60 baht of this. 

It was then arranged that the operative would pay 2,500 baht to take the 17 year old to a hotel for sex. Wanphen would receive 500 baht of this fee. 

When all the evidence and procedures were in place the signal was given and the arrest of Wanphen was made. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-17

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

There the operative sat with "A" who was 17. He was permitted to fondle her

The operative, by that do they mean a policeman,fondled the young girl,

should he also be arrested,or was he only doing his job .????

regards Worgeordie

About the only time I have been in a bar in Thailand alone was when I spent one night in what turned out to be a short time motel (as a result of a discrepancy with a former gf).

I went to the attached karaoke bar for a beer. Soon, I was joined by this little darling who snuggled up hip to hip with this old man (me). I bought her one beer, voluntarily gave her, as I recall, a couple hundred baht and got the frig out of there.

She was a real cutey, probably 17.

Thank goodness I'm not into little girls younger than my grand kids.

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

...agent provocateur, illegal to do that..marked bills i dare say.

I wonder how many 17 year old girls work in the bars in Thailand who are not forced to do that. I imagine there must be thousands of them. Because some time ago, when police didn't really look too hard in the farang places, girls under 18 were not unusual. I am sure in many Thai places the police just does not notice these girls....

So who is starting these investigations? The competition? Or maybe some do gooders groups from far away?

If you really want to do something against this and maybe other problems then it's time to fight the corruption in the police and many other places in Thailand. We just have to look at the not existing enforcement of the non-smoking law to get an idea how serious the police is doing their jobs...

Articles like above are just to show that sometime somewhere a little is done. Does it really change anything even by 1%? I think the answer is obvious.

5 hours ago, neeray said:

About the only time I have been in a bar in Thailand alone was when I spent one night in what turned out to be a short time motel (as a result of a discrepancy with a former gf).

I went to the attached karaoke bar for a beer. Soon, I was joined by this little darling who snuggled up hip to hip with this old man (me). I bought her one beer, voluntarily gave her, as I recall, a couple hundred baht and got the frig out of there.

She was a real cutey, probably 17.

Thank goodness I'm not into little girls younger than my grand kids.

What was the name of the establishment, and location... heaven forbid I should stumble into the same predicament!

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

Yup. And apparently he also was enjoying a few free drinks courtesy of the RTP. I hear there always are very long applicant cues at police HQ whenever they're recruiting new "operatives".

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wonder how many 17 year old girls work in the bars in Thailand who are not forced to do that. I imagine there must be thousands of them. Because some time ago, when police didn't really look too hard in the farang places, girls under 18 were not unusual. I am sure in many Thai places the police just does not notice these girls....

So who is starting these investigations? The competition? Or maybe some do gooders groups from far away?

I think child prostitution is illegal every country right? 

You tell us before your girlfriend is 16 when you first together right? IMO is wrong, and every police in the world think same me. Jail.

37 minutes ago, inactiveposter said:

There’s a word for the fondler of the underage girl. I think Elon Musk knows what that word is.

Yes.

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Well , there is one less 17 year old girl working in a bar since you took one out a bar and made her a permanent fixture in your home .

You dont seem to need to wonder how many underage girls are working in bars, as you seem to know where they all work and just how much younger than the legal age limit they are 

The issue of age of consent is always controversial. It varies widely, for example in the UK it is 16, and in many US states is even younger, as it is in the Middle East and Africa.

This is about exploitation and trafficking for sexual purposes, even if the girls seem willing. They are often forced into this work to help support their families, it being lucrative. Not many parents resist the lure of easy money or even care, nor do the bar owners.

Law enforcement is the only deterrent, and sadly that is often lax because of corruption, as the bars operate under their patronage or sometimes ownership.

10 hours ago, Yinn said:

I think child prostitution is illegal every country right? 

You tell us before your girlfriend is 16 when you first together right? IMO is wrong, and every police in the world think same me. Jail.

Yes.

Again an incompetent Yinn comment.

Sex with 16 and 17 year old girls is not illegal in many countries. And if you like it or not many of them have a lot of sex.

And if you would know your fellow Thai men all this would not surprises you at all.

And because you seem to be unable to understand a certain world I looked it up for you. Please notice the age of 13.

Pedophilia (alternatively spelt paedophilia) is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children. Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12, criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

Well , there is one less 17 year old girl working in a bar since you took one out a bar and made her a permanent fixture in your home .

You dont seem to need to wonder how many underage girls are working in bars, as you seem to know where they all work and just how much younger than the legal age limit they are 

Your wrong. She was 16 at that time.

And because she was my girlfriend and not working in a bar and no prostitute when I had sex with her it was all legal. ???? 

11 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

The issue of age of consent is always controversial. It varies widely, for example in the UK it is 16, and in many US states is even younger, as it is in the Middle East and Africa.

This is about exploitation and trafficking for sexual purposes, even if the girls seem willing. They are often forced into this work to help support their families, it being lucrative. Not many parents resist the lure of easy money or even care, nor do the bar owners.

Law enforcement is the only deterrent, and sadly that is often lax because of corruption, as the bars operate under their patronage or sometimes ownership.

Actually in the US across all States the age of consent varies between 16-18, with some States having a 'close in age' exemption.

But there is at least in my mind, a huge difference between a 16 year old girl having consensual sex with an 18 year boyfriend, to a 16-18 year old girl having sex with older men in a Karaoke bar.

One is youthful sex, the other is exploitation

21 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

It doesn't say he did fondle the girl, it says he was permitted to, as in he was allowed to should he wish to do so.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Again an incompetent Yinn comment.

Sex with 16 and 17 year old girls is not illegal in many countries. And if you like it or not many of them have a lot of sex.

And if you would know your fellow Thai men all this would not surprises you at all.

And because you seem to be unable to understand a certain world I looked it up for you. Please notice the age of 13.

Pedophilia (alternatively spelt paedophilia) is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children. Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12, criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

I don't see anywhere that Yinn suggested you were a pedophile but thanks for the lesson.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Your wrong. She was 16 at that time.

And because she was my girlfriend and not working in a bar and no prostitute when I had sex with her it was all legal. ???? 

To be honest, in my mysterious online personage, I have admitted to worse than that.

But not much worse.

16 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

There is a big open bar on Sumkhumvit North Pattaya with a beer garden and I walk past it often on the way to Home Pro with a big sign outside in Thai. I asked the missus what it said and she replied 16 year old schoolgirls. ????????

She was winding you up.

21 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

She was winding you up.

I don't think she was and it has 16 in numbers in the title. I suspect that girls can go there and not drink alcohol and patrons can buy them as coke or something. I doubt that anything happens on the premises and it is certain that they don't want farangs poking around it as far as I can see. My mistake not Home Pro but another well known DIY superstore.

Archived