Karaoke sting nabs Thai woman offering underage girls for sex

Karaoke sting nabs Thai woman offering underage girls for sex

8pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Thailand's immigration announced the results of an inquiry in the town of Ban Phai in Khon Kaen in the north east of the country. 

The inquiry followed on from the arrest of a Japanese man who was caught with an underage girl. 

A sting was set up and an operative was sent into a karaoke lounge run by 44 year old Wanphen. 

There the operative sat with "A" who was 17. He was permitted to fondle her and bought her a lady's drink for 150 baht. She would get 60 baht of this. 

It was then arranged that the operative would pay 2,500 baht to take the 17 year old to a hotel for sex. Wanphen would receive 500 baht of this fee. 

When all the evidence and procedures were in place the signal was given and the arrest of Wanphen was made. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-17
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The operative, by that do they mean a policeman,fondled the young girl, should he also be arrested,or was he only doing his job .🙄 regards Worgeordie    

Came to Thailand for the world class gold and clean air did ya? 😉    Me too. 

About the only time I have been in a bar in Thailand alone was when I spent one night in what turned out to be a short time motel (as a result of a discrepancy with a former gf). I went to the at

Posted Images

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The operative, by that do they mean a policeman,fondled the young girl,

should he also be arrested,or was he only doing his job .🙄

regards Worgeordie

...agent provocateur, illegal to do that..marked bills i dare say.

• Like 2

I wonder how many 17 year old girls work in the bars in Thailand who are not forced to do that. I imagine there must be thousands of them. Because some time ago, when police didn't really look too hard in the farang places, girls under 18 were not unusual. I am sure in many Thai places the police just does not notice these girls....

So who is starting these investigations? The competition? Or maybe some do gooders groups from far away?

If you really want to do something against this and maybe other problems then it's time to fight the corruption in the police and many other places in Thailand. We just have to look at the not existing enforcement of the non-smoking law to get an idea how serious the police is doing their jobs...

Articles like above are just to show that sometime somewhere a little is done. Does it really change anything even by 1%? I think the answer is obvious.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The operative, by that do they mean a policeman,fondled the young girl,

should he also be arrested,or was he only doing his job .🙄

regards Worgeordie

Yup. And apparently he also was enjoying a few free drinks courtesy of the RTP. I hear there always are very long applicant cues at police HQ whenever they're recruiting new "operatives".

• Haha 1