Karaoke sting nabs Thai woman offering underage girls for sex

webfact

3 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Actually in the US across all States the age of consent varies between 16-18, with some States having a 'close in age' exemption.

But there is at least in my mind, a huge difference between a 16 year old girl having consensual sex with an 18 year boyfriend, to a 16-18 year old girl having sex with older men in a Karaoke bar.

One is youthful sex, the other is exploitation

Where on the law books do you find anything about the age of the person having sex with 16 year old????????????? Whether it be an 18 year old boy or a cash customer?????.......

Thailand is a poverty stricken country.... More so in the past 5 years (as I have observed over the past 40 years) and prostitution has feed many hungry children (and moms and dads) that may have died of hunger... So actually this thread is more about a set age (per the law) and is being enforced in Thailand 'More for Money' than Moral Reasons....

NGO's from other countries, in their own 'warped' and money grabbin ways have come into poor countries and offered police money (per raid/bust) to catch sex trafficers... MANY parts of this I can condone... BUT... Don't you and I know Thai Cops????? 'They' will set up scams to catch people, even planting narcotics on innocent people.... SO... You discussing age in this thread I feel is just something for the THAI Cops to make money off of, not that those cops are morally driven to uphold any age laws....

I have known Thai Cops and even Thai attornys who have told me examples of NGOs paying cops 'Per conviction' ... I was very close to one case where the 'lady caught' could have paid the cops 200,000 baht and released.... The cops knowing that they would get a certain (lessor) amount from the NGO Organization if she didn't pay up.... She didn't have the money...

So, as normal, we all have our opinions... But in sone cases it depends on the letter of the law... as in 2 weeks from now she would have been 18 (and legal)... OR....  The NGOs are paying us 75,000 baht if we do our job.... OR... Let's just make a bust and get the NGOs money.....

Many people Donate money to NGOs as "Save The Children Foundation" (and others) (Doctors without Borders, Etc.) so the foundation can pay for their private jets for their founders and Doctors to travel in and put them up in Hiltons and Sheratons and in cases like this to reward 'Cops' for their good work.... (The THAI Cops - and others countries love their 'easy money').... I spend a lot of my time learning about this and have a few (In the know) friends who tell me how it really is.....

NOW..... I have stopped my donations to those charities and take my donations DIRECTLY TO THE NEEDY........ MOSTLY in ISSAN in Thailand.... I have several 'Charities in Thailand' and feel bad knowing there are SO MANY MORE deserving souls in Issan that I can't help (and their Gov't won't HELP).... OTHERS who could help these people are TOO INVOLVED with buying submarines (and tanks for upcoming demonstrations)

Back to the Topic....... You can believe that age matters in this case and you can believe that the cop wasn'rt really playing around with the girls 17 year old body.... BUT... WE weren't THERE... and all we have is the news..... You believe what you like and I will believe what I like.... MINE based on much moe (40 years) experience than just reading the news.....

22 hours ago, dcnx said:

Came to Thailand for the world class gold and clean air did ya? ???? 

Me too. 

Nahh, I came for the uncorrupt government, safe roads, easy visa, hassle-free-long-term-stay, legitimate hard-working police, super clean environment and the easy one hour commute from Canada.

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

She was winding you up.

also she was checking your reflexes...... as some Thai wifes do...... to see how long it took you to check the place out........... Did you check it out?????   HaHaHa..... She WON.....

41 minutes ago, neeray said:

Nahh, I came for the uncorrupt government, safe roads, easy visa, hassle-free-long-term-stay, legitimate hard-working police, super clean environment and the easy one hour commute from Canada.

I can tell for sure you are just having a laff...... I'm with you...... 5555

4 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

Where on the law books do you find anything about the age of the person having sex with 16 year old????????????? Whether it be an 18 year old boy or a cash customer?????.......

Thailand is a poverty stricken country.... More so in the past 5 years (as I have observed over the past 40 years) and prostitution has feed many hungry children (and moms and dads) that may have died of hunger... So actually this thread is more about a set age (per the law) and is being enforced in Thailand 'More for Money' than Moral Reasons....

NGO's from other countries, in their own 'warped' and money grabbin ways have come into poor countries and offered police money (per raid/bust) to catch sex trafficers... MANY parts of this I can condone... BUT... Don't you and I know Thai Cops????? 'They' will set up scams to catch people, even planting narcotics on innocent people.... SO... You discussing age in this thread I feel is just something for the THAI Cops to make money off of, not that those cops are morally driven to uphold any age laws....

I have known Thai Cops and even Thai attornys who have told me examples of NGOs paying cops 'Per conviction' ... I was very close to one case where the 'lady caught' could have paid the cops 200,000 baht and released.... The cops knowing that they would get a certain (lessor) amount from the NGO Organization if she didn't pay up.... She didn't have the money...

So, as normal, we all have our opinions... But in sone cases it depends on the letter of the law... as in 2 weeks from now she would have been 18 (and legal)... OR....  The NGOs are paying us 75,000 baht if we do our job.... OR... Let's just make a bust and get the NGOs money.....

Many people Donate money to NGOs as "Save The Children Foundation" (and others) (Doctors without Borders, Etc.) so the foundation can pay for their private jets for their founders and Doctors to travel in and put them up in Hiltons and Sheratons and in cases like this to reward 'Cops' for their good work.... (The THAI Cops - and others countries love their 'easy money').... I spend a lot of my time learning about this and have a few (In the know) friends who tell me how it really is.....

NOW..... I have stopped my donations to those charities and take my donations DIRECTLY TO THE NEEDY........ MOSTLY in ISSAN in Thailand.... I have several 'Charities in Thailand' and feel bad knowing there are SO MANY MORE deserving souls in Issan that I can't help (and their Gov't won't HELP).... OTHERS who could help these people are TOO INVOLVED with buying submarines (and tanks for upcoming demonstrations)

Back to the Topic....... You can believe that age matters in this case and you can believe that the cop wasn'rt really playing around with the girls 17 year old body.... BUT... WE weren't THERE... and all we have is the news..... You believe what you like and I will believe what I like.... MINE based on much moe (40 years) experience than just reading the news.....

Well I touched a nerve there, didn't I?

I wasn't in any way referring to the morality of prostitution, I'm fully aware that impoverished women will do whatever it takes to provide for their families.

What, if I'm understanding your rather rambling response, was that you disagree that the age of a female has any bearing on this, and you believe that it's all an elaborate scam?

The average Karaoke punter is a middle aged man, be he Thai, Farang or Japanese with a wad of cash.

Mama-san will identify who wants the 'young' ones. No 16 or 17 years looks at a 40/50/60 year old man and thinks 'I want him'

The older ones they are in it for the business, but I'm sorry a 16 or 17 year old 'girl', not woman is being exploited in that situation!

A 16 or 17 year old can look a lot older at night with a little makeup. She also may have had a fake ID stating that she is older. I know that this is no excuse for child trafficking.....I am also aware that the police can fabricate what ever they want whenever they want, and I have seen it done. The young lady will agree with anything the police want because she will be afraid of them. There is nothing close to justice in this country and I'm sure there is a lot more to this story then we will ever hear about.

Archived