Thai kindness: "It may be something small, but it meant a lot to this foreigner"

webfact

Thai kindness: "It may be something small, but it meant a lot to this foreigner"

fo.jpg

Thai caption: She does it every day, despite not knowing the person

Thai media Tnews reported on what they called a feel good story after a video was posted online of a Thai shop assistant at a bakery feeding a foreigner in a wheelchair. 

Poramet Misomphop had posted the story on Facebook after he saw "Nong Nim" feeding the wheelchair bound man. 

He said: "There is still good in Thai society. Some might say such a kindness is a small matter - but it meant a lot to this foreigner".

The poster said they talked to Nim who works at the Yamazaki bakery in Central Westgate Plaza in Nonthaburi on the outskirts of Bangkok. 

She said she had been working there for four months. She saw the foreigner almost every day around 5 pm trying to get people to help him as he toured round in his electric wheelchair. 

fo1.jpg

Picture: Tnews

Even though others might not want to help she thought nothing of it and after he indicated what he wanted she was there to help him consume the product. 

She admitted that verbal communication was a problem, however!

Sources: Tnews | Tnews

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-17

I have a disability and I find Thai people very kind and helpful.

The main thing that is starting to aggravate me here in Thai is the inconsistency of Thai immigration in there messy ways.

It must be a Immigration thing,

Immigration in my country are starting show how incompetent they are too.

24 minutes ago, toenail said:

I wonder where his partner or caretaker was? 

Maybe he goes out by himself to assert what little indepence he is afforded, and this gives his primary carer some breif respite and him a greater sense of control, independence  and dignity

8 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Maybe he goes out by himself to assert what little indepence he is afforded, and this gives his primary carer some breif respite and him a greater sense of control, independence  and dignity

Well said, and I applaud her for helping him.... a kind hearted young lady who can take a few minutes to assist someone else.

I have met many kind, caring and funny Thai people-I met one today actually.  It is unfortunate the government denies them a proper education, and the support and motivation to continuously improve their quality of life-Thailand should be right behind Singapore in SEA.  I have hope for the future, but it would take a paradigm shift, and a lot of work.  There are glimmers of hope however dim.

Archived