Bua Yai Friends

mrpalasade

No one's replied, so far, so you can probably guess that there probably aren't any farang bars in Bua Yai.  I live about 45 km south west of Bua Yai and used to go into Bua Yai town on occasions, though not so much anymore.  There was a bar there several years ago, but the police gave the guy some problems wanting payouts and enforcing the before 11 am and 2 to 5 alcohol bans, so he said to hell with it.  Anyway, there is a Farang Bar in Chaiyaphum City, near Tesco Lotus, called "The 1 Bar".  Bit of a drive for you but might be good for a few beers and some local farang meetups.  The owner is from UK.  Christmas dinner on the 25th if interested. 

Thanks Ken,

Thats a great help, some friends took us to Chaiyaphum last night we ended up in a Thai live music venue, I was the only foreigner there...but not to far away 40 minutes...

I will pay a visit to the 1 Bar in the next couple of nights, and may book Christmas dinner there... Thanks.

im abit more wary about drinking and driving then I was in Thailand I was stopped in Korat last week my wife had to come out and organise an 8 grand 'fine'.. after being told the punishment is 5 months in jail..

It sounded to be that it can depend on who stops you.

Thanks Steve

Concerning internet.  Years ago I had TOT which services most any village and village area.  There is a big TOT office (main office for Bua Yai area) in the middle of town.  I now use 3BB which also serves most any village and village area. Personally I have found 3BB to be better than TOT in both service and reliability.

HI ,

I,m in Bua Yai,

Ref builders,there are plenty around here, I would look around and get personal recommendations, and also look at work they have completed before.

Internet wise I have been here 7 years and first year I was with TOT, they were OK (ish) last 6 years with 3bb and never had any problems with them. Bars here, on the main drag you have the Pink Panther.. excellent music/food and atmosphere, but drinks are quite expensive. Opposite the Pink Panther there are a couple of karoke bars. And there are a few little shops spread around town that have a couple of tables and chairs outside that serve booze... quite cheap prices.

Enjoy Bua Yai (and their driving)

Cheers

Martin.

On 12/18/2019 at 9:31 AM, mrpalasade said:

Thanks Ken,

Thats a great help, some friends took us to Chaiyaphum last night we ended up in a Thai live music venue, I was the only foreigner there...but not to far away 40 minutes...

I will pay a visit to the 1 Bar in the next couple of nights, and may book Christmas dinner there... Thanks.

im abit more wary about drinking and driving then I was in Thailand I was stopped in Korat last week my wife had to come out and organise an 8 grand 'fine'.. after being told the punishment is 5 months in jail..

It sounded to be that it can depend on who stops you.

Thanks Steve

Hi Steve. You might be interested in this. Goggle ‘Nookie’s Delights’. They run a good delivery service. I’m in Phimai and they drop off supplies every 6 weeks. After he drops off at Phimai he then drives to Khon Kaen. I sure you could arrange a drop off on the way on the 2.

Cheers.  Martin.

Archived