Thai tourism: TAT turn to fortune teller for help

webfact

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps they also need someone to read the chicken entrails??

Which public servant came up with brilliant scheme??

This is beyond any stupidity I have read about for many years, Department heads and ministerial heads should role, and chairpersons of any companies backing this scheme should be sacked by the shareholders.

I have bridge they may want to buy

What is his doctorate in ?? Theology??Cardiology??or Superstition?

Do they pay these people, while children remain homeless and uneducated??

1 minute ago, CliffH said:

Wasn't he the bloke who accurately forecasted that flight MH370 was either in the air or had landed somewhere, several days' after it went missing?

Maybe Thai Tourism will be doing tours to the site of MH370????

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand have turned to a fortune teller to help

Farangs have been telling the T.A.T their fortune for the last decade.... but it fell on deaf ears.

Now the reality has struck home that there was an element of truth in what was being predicted!

I'm guessing the 'good fortune" being told now is: good tidings will come from a far off land from people who speak a strange dialect!

tat in English means old junk ( rubbish ) serious a fortune teller ? Don’t take Einstein to realize thailand is entering a recession especially when your reading Phuket and Pattaya hotels are 30% and 35% down on tourism. Previous reports from tat showed tourism was on the up ! Clearly somebody lying and I’ve travelled extensively throughout Thailand and it’s the same everywhere people not spending like they once were - without a proper plan in place Thailand will see more and more protestors take to the streets,price increases will follow as will austerity 

The internet can be switched off for good - as far as I am concerned.

Living here for 35 years I never ever read such statements of a government agency and they expect us to take them serious. The little doctor will do miracles - to his bank account and then just fizzle off into thin air as all those statistics, statements and press releases.

Kick out the whole lot, slim down your procedures on visa, ensure proper law enforcement, call us "visitor" or "caucasian" but not "farang" or "alien" and get off your super arrogant horse of yours. 

Unless they get an endless supply of seriously good weed to smoke down at the TAT then just do away with this bunch of brainless idiots. Wondering though who approved the doctor's endeavours; was it the tourism minister or even further up? Just asking ........... 

2 hours ago, michaellee said:

Haha!! Let me tell you your fortune TAT.......

1. Bring down the Thai baht. 

2. Relax your visa rules by not restricting 3 entry per year. 
3. It’s magical all is well again. More tourist and more revenue. 

Thank you

My Chrystal Ball says you are perfectly right, but it could not tell me at which University Dr. Khatha Chinbanchorn made his thesis and what the subject was.

They do not have the humility or wisdom to simply admit to the extreme lack of competence and expertise within their department. Nor could they blame the racism, xenophobia and sheer witlessness of the army and immigration.

So, this is tantamount to a confession. We have no idea what to do! Bring in the fortune tellers! Maybe they can help. We know we are in trouble. We can sense impending disaster. How do we correct the dozens of errors and mistakes we have made?

Honestly, we thought the world could not live without our wonderful country. We were told it was the center of the known universe. Were we misled? Where are the tourists? Why have they abandoned us?

Oh dear me what a shame.......  If only they'd read TV every week they'd of had good free advice to run the gaff, mind you, you don't need to be a brain surgeon to sell P*&$S and P&%^$Y.....  It's laughable really, given the best business in the world in a great location with a constantly replenishing supply of hotties and within five years it's all gone down the gurgler....... The boys with the shiny buttons must be congratulated on this miraculous feat of absolute mind numbing stupidity........ Trouble is there's not enough farangs left to blame anymore thanks to immigration........   I'm reminded of a piece of advice given to me years ago.......... " Never put the locals in charge and never give them P*&S " .............  If only there was a reset button.............

One way to increase tourist numbers might be to stipulate that any new arrivals must have at least a million baht deposited in a Thai bank. With that they could afford regular lattes at Starbucks, and possibly a slice of fruitcake (without the need for a short-term bank loan) and thus be sure to return to the kingdom frequently. Or they could devalue the baht.

Archived