Police arrest serial killer dubbed Thailand’s Jack The Ripper

webfact

Police arrest serial killer dubbed Thailand’s Jack The Ripper

79334848_907875732942825_4242315549616373760_n.jpg

Picture: Siamchon News

Somkid Pumpuang, the serial killer dubbed ‘Thailand’s Jack The Ripper’ was arrested at 10.30am on Wednesday morning, Thai media reported.

The 55 year old was travelling by train from Surin to Bangkok when he was apprehended at  Pak Chong train station. Police said he was found to be in possession of a knife.

Somkid was released from prison in May having been pardoned for good behaviour. He had previously served 14 years in jail for killing 5 women he met in karaoke bars throughout north and northeast Thailand.

Somkid had been the subject of a large scale manhunt since Sunday after police found the body of a woman at a property in Khon Kaen. She had been murdered and her ankles had been bound with a mobile phone charger cable. 

A video shared by Sanook News purportedly showed Somkid sleeping on a train just moments before his arrest.

Source: Daily News | Sanook | Siamchon News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-18

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTU5Ny83OTg1NTg2L3Nhbm9va190aHVtYm5haWxfMTIwMHg3MjAtMi5qcGc=.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually have no comment about how Thailand works. But in this case I had to read this more then once to make sure I wasn't reading it wrong. This guy previously killed 5 women as a serial killer, and 14 years later he is let out for good behavior and then he murders again?!!!!!! It's to insane to be believed!

Everyone involved in the decision to let this man out of jail should share the cell along with him. 

18 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

I usually have no comment about how Thailand works. But in this case I had to read this more then once to make sure I wasn't reading it wrong. This guy previously killed 5 women as a serial killer, and 14 years later he is let out for good behavior and then he murders again?!!!!!! It's to insane to be believed!

Everyone involved in the decision to let this man out of jail should share the cell along with him. 

You think?

Suspect in Khon Kaen murder arrested

By THE NATION

800_40692e73cceab0b.jpg?v=1576646659

The police on Wednesday nabbed Somkid Pumpuang, the prime suspect in the murder of a 51-year-old woman at a Khon Kaen residence.

He was reportedly arrested at Pak Chong train station in Nakhon Ratchasima province while travelling from Surin to Bangkok.

Somkid, dubbed as Thailand’s Jack the Ripper, was originally given the death sentence for murdering five people, but this was later commuted to life in prison. He was jailed on June 29, 2005, and served just under 14 years before being released on May 27 this year for good behaviour.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379580

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-18

Serial Killer Somkid Poompuang arrested

s2.jpg

Somkid Poompuang was arrested by police on Wednesday 18 December, 2019, on a train at a railway station in Pak Chong district, Thailand

Serial Killer Somkid Poompuang was apprehended by police this morning (Wednesday) on a train at a railway station in Pak Chong district of Thailand’s north-eastern province of Nakhon Ratchasima.

Tagged by the media as “Thailand’s Jack the Ripper”, Somkid is wanted by police as the prime suspect in the murder of a hotel maid in Kranuan district of the north-eastern province of Khon Kaen on December 15th.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/breaking-news-serial-killer-somkid-poompuang-arrested/

thaipbs.jpg

56 minutes ago, bander said:

They should change his nickname til Ted Bundy, he was in and out og jail and managed to keep on killing for several years.

I don't think Bundy was ever let out of jail. He did escape a couple of times while out for a hearing. 

1 hour ago, WalkingOrders said:

"YOU" may think that, i couldn't possibly comment.

52 minutes ago, reargunnerph3 said:

"He'd previously served 14 years for killing 5 people" so just under 3 years for each murder? Why the hell was he not hung or shot for killing 5 people? Only in Thailand.

No not only in Thailand. Too many liberal countries with bleeding heart citizens that say  "oh the death penalty doesn't deter "or It's barbaric"  I say I don't care if it deters anyone from killing  I just know that the slimeball that commits murder will never do it again.

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Hopefully this time they will understand who they are dealing with and won't let him go again.

Yes, the society on the outside of the walls is not a suitable place for rehabilitation of serial killers ...

Archived