Navigating PP airport - incoming

NewGuy

My wife and I will arrive from Don Mueang on Saturday, I have an evisa, so no problem. My wife has a Thai passport but will entering on the 14 day SEA mutual agreement thingy. We will both fill out the forms given us on the plane. 

Should she join me at the Immigration counter, get stamped, get luggage, get taxi OR should I tag along as she goes to the crowded line up on the left for initial processing?  I forget.

Cheers

You can both go through the foreign passport line.  No problem. On many flights you'll be among the first there as many will need visa on arrival.

The airport is easy. Problem is traffic into town depending on what time you arrive.

my friend I, I’ve certainly seen the fear, uncertainty, and doubt.  A very FUD experience for some as well as being potential victims of official looking types telling/yelling at them what to do, advising their own pay-for expediting services. Thanks.

Sheryl, thanks - I’d forgotten what you need to do when your Thai partner doesn’t have the evisa.

After we get our luggage we always headed down to the Mobitel shop for two phone sims (normal plans) and an iPad sim with lots of/unlimited downloads.  But there always seems to be a problem, being upsold on recent trips (‘Oh, we’re out of the discounted plans’). Do you have a suggestion for a different provider?

I think the ‘get the taxi/tuk tuk area’ is better than it used to be.

Cheers

Just buy your Sim at any vendor in town don't get at airport. 

Can have the taxi stop at a roadside kiosk on your way there.

And it is a taxi not tuk tuk that you'd want. If as it sounds like you haven't been here in awhile you will be astounded at the changes. 

One of which is traffic every bit as bad as Bangkok.  And air pollution. A tuk tuk would take forever if you could even persuade one to go and you'd be inhaling noxious fumes the whole while.

Plenty of taxis where you come put. $15 to town.

The air port is quite orderly and civilized these days. Certainly more so than Don Muang.

On 12/19/2019 at 3:20 PM, NewGuy said:

my friend I, I’ve certainly seen the fear, uncertainty, and doubt.  A very FUD experience for some as well as being potential victims of official looking types telling/yelling at them what to do, advising their own pay-for expediting services. Thanks.

I have never seen anything remotely like this at Pochentung airport.

Aranyaprathet/Poipet border crossing yes. Airport no.

Archived