Wife’s sons drug conviction

Jajazazajaja

Not sure this is the right forum, but anyway my wife’s son was arrested for Yabaa a few years ago and was sent on remand for a month. Apparently the terms of his release was that he would attend weekly drugs tests for a while.

Well it turns out he didn’t bother doing it, now we are planning to go to Cambodia for the weekend and he’s worried that there will be some sort of flag on the immigration computer when he tries to leave Thailand and he’ll be arrested. 

is this likely? 

40 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Advise him to hand himself in to the police station and clear it up first, then you won't have anything to worry about.

that was my thought too, cheers. 
I can’t get a clear answer as to what the terms of his release were and what he was actually convicted of (if anything) 

just that he didn’t go and do the pee testing because “it was every week”

16 hours ago, Jajazazajaja said:

I can’t get a clear answer as to what the terms of his release were and what he was actually convicted of (if anything) 

It's quite likely that there are no repercussions at all - at least if he goes and is honest with them then nothing bad may come of it.

Two of my wife's nephews who are great guys, I drink beers with them very often, got caught on a motorbike in Khemarat with dodgy lights and got pulled over. Got pee tested and one was positive for yaba, he just had to pay a fine (which was over a week's salary for him).

On 12/18/2019 at 6:38 PM, Jajazazajaja said:

My ex-missus got done for yaba in road side <deleted> test.

Sent for 1 month remand and upon release conditional of weekly testing at the police station for 6 months no conviction recorded, if she failed either the weekly test or simply did not show up she would have been re-arrested and conviction recorded (as well as more time behind bars)..... she did the weekly tests and how now been (to my knowledge) drug free for 18 months.

I reckon your bloke best not be dropping the soap !!

The big question or concern " he didn't bother "  concerns me?  this is normal usually because they don't want to be tested. Not knowing the terms of his conviction to his release at least in the West you miss you are back in to do the rest of your sentence.

He might need a better answer than " didn't bother "  sorry even here in Thailand the police know delaying might be to clear your system of testing?

On 12/19/2019 at 11:20 AM, SteveK said:

It's quite likely that there are no repercussions at all - at least if he goes and is honest with them then nothing bad may come of it.

Two of my wife's nephews who are great guys, I drink beers with them very often, got caught on a motorbike in Khemarat with dodgy lights and got pulled over. Got pee tested and one was positive for yaba, he just had to pay a fine (which was over a week's salary for him).

Yes but each district and province deal with it differently and so do judges at the same courts as well. They can give differing sentences for the same offense depending on their feelings on the day in question.

It can also depend on whether the fine just went to the local police or was the fine ordered by the court?

Anybody having to appear for weekly pee testing etc is usually ordered by the court.

A local lad in our village that occasionally does a bit of tree pruning and gardening for us is having to go to the city every 10 days and also carry out some ' community work ' for a few hours on each visit.

I also suspect it much depends on if they have previous convictions and if they are repeat offenders. I think sheer boredom and lack of opportunities play a large part in substance abuse upcountry.

Ooorrrrr since the kid is a loser anyway, you and your wife can come and go anywhere. The kid can discover there are consequences to one's actions. And not following the rules means he can stay home when you are think traveling. 

If him not showing up was an issue , he would have been arrested or summoned . I say you have nothing to worry about .

if he was arrested again for the same, most likely him not showing up will play a role and he will be locked up for a year.

The normal agreement is the police can come and test you at any time in the next xxx months/years, and if you fail the test, straight back to the rehab centre for 3-6 months. A lady friend of mine was caught out like this last year.

I don't think the kid has anything to worry about.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO you should be more concerned that he wasn't doing what he should have done than trying to get him a free pass.

Up to you of course, but I'd just leave him behind.

Yes totaly right , if he doesn't want to do the test weekly rings my alarm bells also . For sure he's still using otherwise the testing weekly wouldn't have been a problem . Leave him behind and fix his own problems . No pitty for jabaa users , talking from experiance having an ex using and seeing her change day by day getting more BAA from the JAA . People hooked on jabaa are very hard to help specialy when not in a clinic or something like that . They will never stop by themselfs .

3 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

Why take him to Cambodia?  Leave him home. He made his choices,  he can live with them . I would not let his problems change your fun weekend. Enjoy your time away. 

Exactly ! It would already be impossible to accept any woman with kids, let alone an idiot drug addict who get caught !

(i have nothing against drugs, but only for smart and rich people who can sort out problems)

Quite right, as long as he was not involved with drugs, but if he was and was found guilty, then there has to be consequences.  There is no way they would ever get me to do any pee testing. But I have never been involved in any way, shape or form with any kind of drugs at any time in my life, and never would, so if I am ever asked to do it, just because someone thinks I might have been, then no chance, just another case of if I do not agree with it, unless there is good reason, then I don't do it.

On 12/24/2019 at 7:09 PM, possum1931 said:

Quite right, as long as he was not involved with drugs, but if he was and was found guilty, then there has to be consequences.  There is no way they would ever get me to do any pee testing. But I have never been involved in any way, shape or form with any kind of drugs at any time in my life, and never would, so if I am ever asked to do it, just because someone thinks I might have been, then no chance, just another case of if I do not agree with it, unless there is good reason, then I don't do it.

Seriously? So if you are in a Bkk night club and the cops raid the place and make everyone do a pee test you are going to refuse?

Good luck with that.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seriously? So if you are in a Bkk night club and the cops raid the place and make everyone do a pee test you are going to refuse?

Good luck with that.

I would never be in a night club, but let's just say that no cop is ever going to get a pee test from me, except in the station. but if any cop ever asks me for a breath test, I will gladly oblige. again, if any cop tries to take my wallet off me, then they won't get it.

I will be pleased to help cops in their fight against genuine crime, but I am a person, and no one tells me what I must do. I decide that.

If any cop stops me in the street, i will cooperate with them and have a pleasant attitude, after that, I make the decision on what I allow.

If I am asked to go to the station, I will do so, but it will not be in a car or motorbike, I will walk.

On 12/24/2019 at 1:29 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO you should be more concerned that he wasn't doing what he should have done than trying to get him a free pass.

Up to you of course, but I'd just leave him behind.

im trying to get him a free pass? 

i asked a simple question. What exactly do you think you have contributed to this thread?

8 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I would never be in a night club, but let's just say that no cop is ever going to get a pee test from me, except in the station. but if any cop ever asks me for a breath test, I will gladly oblige. again, if any cop tries to take my wallet off me, then they won't get it.

I will be pleased to help cops in their fight against genuine crime, but I am a person, and no one tells me what I must do. I decide that.

If any cop stops me in the street, i will cooperate with them and have a pleasant attitude, after that, I make the decision on what I allow.

If I am asked to go to the station, I will do so, but it will not be in a car or motorbike, I will walk.

so if you refuse to take the pee test and they take you to jail, you will still refuse?

What if they strap you down on a bench, place your hand in a bowl of water and then use an electrical cattle prod on your nether regions to induce urination will you then relent?

I admire your holding to your beliefs that only you can dictate what you will do but wonder if it fits with the real world.

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Good luck with that.

I think this is how he got done, he didn’t have money to pay cops off after a <deleted> test somewhere and had something in his system, I dunno.

the question is weather passport control will have a flag on their system for misses tests?

thanks 

Archived