Chainsaw repairer wanted

ThaiFelix

Hi fellow Isaan expats.  I am looking for somebody who has had good experience with having a chainsaw repaired in Isaan.  I am situated equidistant from either Udon Thani, Kalasin or Khon Kaen so roughly in the middle near Tha Khantho.  I have a Stihl while my mate has a Husqvarna.  The Husqvarna needs a new carby while my Stihl has starting problems.  The local guy who does "repairs" cant seem to get it when I ask him to go over the machine and check everything such as the spark plug, carby, seals etc that is making it difficult to start.  His solution is to put more fuel in it and struggle pulling the starter cord for 10 minutes until it starts and then says it is running perfect.  When he turns it off I ask him to start it again and it still takes 10 minutes or so, if in fact it does start.  My mate seems to think the carby is probably damaged from using the wrong colour fuel which is what he was told is the problem with his Husqvarna.  I have in fact lent my machine to a couple of Thai family members and lord knows what they put in it  (never again)! 

So has anybody in the area had a chainsaw repaired by somebody who is competent and can get spares?

Please dont bother to tell me I probably need to use it more frequently as I am already aware of that.

Hi.

I was having similar probs to you with my "Husky" saw.

A new carby sent from australia was going to cost $110.00 (aud).

I took a gamble on e bay and got a carby, spark plug and gaskets for under $20.

Carby looked identical to the factory item.

An hour to fit with a couple of bevvies ( didnt touch the mixture or idle screws ), now it starts 2nd or 3rd pull with a bit of choke and revs and idles perfect.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Carburettor-Fuel-Filter-For-Husqvarna-50-51-55-

12 hours ago, Nicebus said:

Hi.

I was having similar probs to you with my "Husky" saw.

A new carby sent from australia was going to cost $110.00 (aud).

I took a gamble on e bay and got a carby, spark plug and gaskets for under $20.

Carby looked identical to the factory item.

An hour to fit with a couple of bevvies ( didnt touch the mixture or idle screws ), now it starts 2nd or 3rd pull with a bit of choke and revs and idles perfect.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Carburettor-Fuel-Filter-For-Husqvarna-50-51-55-

Thanks Nicebus, that may be an option open to us.  Good advice!

On 12/28/2019 at 10:56 PM, David B in Thailand said:

Maybe too far for the OP, but Stihl and Husqvarna chain saws are repaired 7 days a week in Buriram. German, Spanish, English translated for the Thai repairmen at Buriram Builders Merchants. Parts have been ordered for me for Husqvarna lawn mowers and Stihl chain saws and garden tools in Buriram. 

Buriram Husqvarna robotic lawn mower repair Thailand.jpg

Buriram Husqvarna petrol chainsaw.jpg

Buriram Husqvarna petrol chain saw repaired.jpg

Buriram Stihl Garden Blower Hedge Trimmer.JPG

Thanks.  Yeah I know the place.  I have previously ordered stuff there and they delivered by post.  Very good service but unfortunately, as you say, a little too far.  Thanks again.

Archived