Pattaya: Bill dodging Austrian arrested by immigration on ONE day overstay

webfact

Pattaya: Bill dodging Austrian arrested by immigration on ONE day overstay

1pm.jpg
Picture: Naew Na

Chonburi immigration acting on a warrant issued by the Pattaya court arrested a 60 year old Austrian.

The warrant issued on December 9th said that William W. had stayed, eaten and consumed beverages in a hotel knowing that he did not have the  ability to pay. The warrant also stated that he was on overstay. 

The overstay was one day. 

Pictures of the foreigner at the Transnational Crime Data Center were published on the Naew Na media site.

Chonburi commander of immigration Pol Col Naren Khreuangsanuk "revealed" that he was acting under the direction of immigration chief Pol Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang in ridding the country of lawbreaking foreigners. 

The public were urged to continue to call 1178 to report transgressions. 

Thaivisa notes that these pronouncements and "revelations" are standard fare for every Naew Na report of this nature. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-19

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

Were they waiting for him 1 day really.now he pays 20k fine instead of 500.i also wonder he may have had a reason for the delay.anyway he is caught  now for only 1 day.

And gets banned for 5 years!

If you think this guy was punished harshly, try this simple experiment: go to a restaurant in a tourist area, order a meal, enjoy the meal, then walk off without paying. This scenario typically results in five staff members (or six or seven) kicking the hell out of you. This guy got off easy. The fact that police were already pursuing him for overstay no doubt protected him from bodily harm--and hospital bills which he could not pay.

Just two days ago I saw a farang taking out all the paper towels in the toilet at the Central Mall. He took them all with him. I also know some farangs eating what others leave on the plates in the food court there. It makes me feel a little bit embarrassed if I see such farangs. And this guy should be send home as soon as possible. 

8 hours ago, Beggar said:

Central Mall. He took them all with him. I also know some farangs eating what others leave on the plates in the food court there.

Beggar.....Could you give 100 baht to these you see eating other,s left over,s please....one might be me dad and I,d hate to think he was going hungry.....cheers :thumbsup:

Everyone has lost the fact of why he was arrested, he stayed ate meals and drank beverages in a hotel without paying, so yes he should be arrested ordered to pay restitution and if he has no money locked up pending deportation. Sorry I have no sympathy for scum.

10 minutes ago, petermik said:

Beggar.....Could you give 100 baht to these you see eating other,s left over,s please....one might be me dad and I,d hate to think he was going hungry.....cheers :thumbsup:

I don't know for sure if such people are poor. Some are perhaps simply the cheapest of the cheap charlies because it is their mentality. I could give them 1000 Baht and it might not change their behavior. 

The guy committed a crime and got caught. The fact his visa had just expired is co-incidental.

A broke 60yo resorting to an eat and run is just sad, best result might be to just put him on a plane, although that wouldn't compensate the restaurant.

7 minutes ago, Beggar said:

I guess it is an Australian guy. With the name William and all his many tattoos I would say he better fits to the land of kangaroos than to the land of mountains. 

And I guess they already checked his passport, but you might be right.

1 hour ago, smiggley said:

Everyone has lost the fact of why he was arrested, he stayed ate meals and drank beverages in a hotel without paying, so yes he should be arrested ordered to pay restitution and if he has no money locked up pending deportation. Sorry I have no sympathy for scum.

nobody lost that fact, and nobody have sympathy for bill runners either, you are breaking into wide open doors

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Classy character with all those tatts, i wonder if that was anything to do with it

Do you mean that the owners of the establishment he stole from wouldn't have minded and not bother reporting him to the police......if he had no "tatts"?

1 hour ago, smiggley said:

And just to add to that, the fact that he had an arrest warrant issued would mean that it wasn't just one or two meals. To suggest that immigration were waiting for him to be one day overstay is a reach, IMO just another thing added to his charges.

Makes for good click-bait titling of the article though.................:thumbsup:

You make the guy pay his bills and fine him 500 baht. This is getting inane. He did not do anything to hurt anyone. This is the real witch hunt.

Immigration is completely out of control and continuing to sabotage both tourism and the quality of life for ex-pats. Their hatred of foreigners is making them a real menace to society. 

Thais are running human trafficking rings, illegal fishing operations, slavery rings, committing genocide on the highway and polluting the nation and devastating the environment to no end. Where is the urgency there? Do I sense alot of completely misplaced and ill advised priorities here?

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Classy character with all those tatts, i wonder if that was anything to do with it

What a stupid thing to say. I have tattoos or tatts as you say so am I a low life, uneducated thug or just unclassy? Bloody stupid. Do you want to measure IQ? How pathetic. Never judge a book by its cover. 

People on here should take a long hard look at themselves and open their eyes. This should scare every single expat as to their future living on a knife edge. 1st We do not know why he never paid, we have a restaurant a reason that they gave to the police. 2nd what people on here for some reason aren't grasping; first day overstay if free you only start paying after day 2 @ 500baht a day so 1 week = 3,000baht. 

This type of thing should worry every single expat or any one thinking of visiting Thailand. Regardless of how you want to spin this an arrest warrant was issued for a one day over stay! Let that sink in because the presidence has been set!!! 

Archived