Pattaya: Bill dodging Austrian arrested by immigration on ONE day overstay

webfact

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

People on here should take a long hard look at themselves and open their eyes. This should scare every single expat as to their future living on a knife edge. 1st We do not know why he never paid, we have a restaurant a reason that they gave to the police. 2nd what people on here for some reason aren't grasping; first day overstay if free you only start paying after day 2 @ 500baht a day so 1 week = 3,000baht. 

This type of thing should worry every single expat or any one thinking of visiting Thailand. Regardless of how you want to spin this an arrest warrant was issued for a one day over stay! Let that sink in because the presidence has been set!!! 

Sounds reasonable. I'm sure that I could get a deal on a month cash in hand.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

You make the guy pay his bills and fine him 500 baht. This is getting inane. He did not do anything to hurt anyone. This is the real witch hunt.

Immigration is completely out of control and continuing to sabotage both tourism and the quality of life for ex-pats. Their hatred of foreigners is making them a real menace to society. 

Thais are running human trafficking rings, illegal fishing operations, slavery rings, committing genocide on the highway and polluting the nation and devastating the environment to no end. Where is the urgency there? Do I sense alot of completely misplaced and ill advised priorities here?

No-one said that arresting a bill runner and an overstayer was a priority. It was just routine policing as it would be anywhere in the world.

All those other shenanigans that you list are no doubt being addressed. No-one was taken off the slavery rings cases to arrest a broke westerner and to think so is fanciful to say the least.

I honestly think the headline is misleading to the point of being economical with the truth for click bait and readership purposes.

I would hazard a guess that he has already been reported for  not paying his hotel and food bill, and that the overstay has come to light after the involvement of those intrepid - ever-so-trustworthy boys in brown, who cannot resist a photo opportunity nor their obsequious bosses, an opportunity to throw the Big Oud name into the mix in the hope that he is reading the newspaper!

Stomach turning!

6 hours ago, nev said:

Cone on one day, Yes arrest and fine him for his transgressions but overstay one day just taking him to the airport and make him pay his 500baht and leave. 

Why should he not held accountable for premeditated fraud?  This guy arrogantly walked out on his bills and thought he was home free.  He was wrong.  Airport Immigration usually gives one day grace on overstays but they are not obligated to do it. Som nom na.

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Classy character with all those tatts, i wonder if that was anything to do with it

Well, Lewis Hamilton also has tatts! A $100 million man, I doubt he's dodging small bills, or if that has anything to do with whether or not he has tatts!

There're plenty of people in the world that are bereft of ink who are also "low-class", or bad people.

6 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

If you think this guy was punished harshly, try this simple experiment: go to a restaurant in a tourist area, order a meal, enjoy the meal, then walk off without paying. This scenario typically results in five staff members (or six or seven) kicking the hell out of you. This guy got off easy. The fact that police were already pursuing him for overstay no doubt protected him from bodily harm--and hospital bills which he could not pay.

Or how about this.  Walk into a sidewalk cafe with a couple of mates and have two beers each, shared.  Service impeccable.  Empty bottles removed as replaced (yeah, you know where this is going . . .)  Then the bill comes for nine beers.  <deleted> can you do?  They are "honest" and you have been drinking.  You pay the bill and NEVER EVER allow a waiter to remove the bottles from the table again.  Just tuition in the school of hard knocks for the newbie here.  It did not help that we had wandered onto Khao San Road!

7 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I wonder if expats will begin to develop side vision, which is a common feature among animals considered prey.

I used to think 1178 was a immigration help line. That was before we became unwelcome. Now I get the feeling we are being watched and anytime there is a problem with a Thai we are at risk of them reporting us to 1178.

Guys like this damage the image for the rest of us who are just trying to live in peace and avoid stirring up immigration.

Did you see the sign in the background of the photo? “Transnational Crime Data Center.” Orwell was right.

6 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

If you think this guy was punished harshly, try this simple experiment: go to a restaurant in a tourist area, order a meal, enjoy the meal, then walk off without paying. This scenario typically results in five staff members (or six or seven) kicking the hell out of you. This guy got off easy. The fact that police were already pursuing him for overstay no doubt protected him from bodily harm--and hospital bills which he could not pay.

Imo they didn't have a clue about his overstay until they checked his passport after being detained by the police for not paying his bill. 

Chonburi commander of immigration Pol Col Naren Khreuangsanuk "revealed" that he was acting under the direction of immigration chief Pol Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang in ridding the country of lawbreaking foreigners.

I would like to see them rid the country of lawbreaking Thais! :cheesy: I don't feel very charmed by menacing-looking Aussies covered with tattoos skipping on hotel bills. Neither do I very charmed by menacing-looking Thais covered with tattoos skipping on hotel bills. Both should be dealt with irregardless of their ethnicity or immigration status.  The urge or tendency or decision to rip off hotels is not related to ethnicity or nationality or immigration status.

1 hour ago, tubby johnson said:

Nice tits too.

His cellmates in prison will really admire those tits and force him to wear a tight bikini in exchange for protection.

You watch too many American prison movies.

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

Well, Lewis Hamilton also has tatts! A $100 million man, I doubt he's dodging small bills, or if that has anything to do with whether or not he has tatts!

There're plenty of people in the world that are bereft of ink who are also "low-class", or bad people.

Well said.

I have seen plenty of whizz-kids and computer geniuses sitting in business class on airplanes paid for by international companies for their incredible talents. Many of those guys were inked and also with the seemingly obligatory piercings these days.

Archived