Pattaya: Bill dodging Austrian arrested by immigration on ONE day overstay

webfact

13 hours ago, CH1961 said:

Whataboutism par excellence ????

I guess you had a very bad experience in LOS ... Did they deport you or did you left by your own decision? 

Nope. I am happily living here, and have been for over 15 years. I have a very good life here. Does not mean I cannot call a spade a spade, though. Or should I just keep my mouth shut, and be a calm, passive little sheep?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I have a good friend who is absolutely covered in tattoos. His entire arms and chest and back. And he is a big guy. If one is predisposed to judge a book by it's cover, it is rather easy to jump to conclusions about him, and I am sure many do. However, the guy is brilliant, can converse on nearly any subject fluently, is very well read and educated (he is a very highly regarded mining foreman), is a super nice guy, and defies any preconceived notion a small minded person might have about him. 

But could he get a job at Hooters?

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I am not certain that he gets the 20k fine, I thought it was 500 baht/day up to a maximum of 20k. Possibly as he was caught rather than volunteered there is more to pay. 

In the case of a ban, 5 years minimum is stated for anyone who is arrested and prosecuted on an overstay of under a year. 

Read on..

I actually spoke with the chap yesterday at pattaya police station. 

Bangkok family home a son too.

Something smells. 

It was to do with a unpaid bill from 6 years ago. 

Because he was in the cell he went one day overstay. 

Sure he was very concerned about the possibility of deportation. 

He incurred a 2000 baht fine. 

He is at Jomtien immigration today to sort out the overstay. 

Appearances are not everything. 

I don't know the full story. 

But I was talking to a translation assistant in the station and he was there.

Quite possibly someone stiffed him, or another debt collection department caught up with him?

Dunno..

But he was well treated. 

And it looks like he will stay here.

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

Read on..

I actually spoke with the chap yesterday at pattaya police station. 

Bangkok family home a son too.

Something smells. 

It was to do with a unpaid bill from 6 years ago. 

Because he was in the cell he went one day overstay. 

Sure he was very concerned about the possibility of deportation. 

He incurred a 2000 baht fine. 

He is at Jomtien immigration today to sort out the overstay. 

Appearances are not everything. 

I don't know the full story. 

But I was talking to a translation assistant in the station and he was there.

Quite possibly someone stiffed him, or another debt collection department caught up with him?

Dunno..

But he was well treated. 

And it looks like he will stay here.

Never believe anything you read in The Thaiger or The Nation online. 

ONE day overstay....really!!!!!  Give me a break!  Take it easy.  Ball busters.  No slack with Thai immigration.  No where to hide.  They make it impossible to hide or over stay.  More effective than Trumps wall.

21 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Well, Lewis Hamilton also has tatts! A $100 million man, I doubt he's dodging small bills, or if that has anything to do with whether or not he has tatts!

There're plenty of people in the world that are bereft of ink who are also "low-class", or bad people.

I have to laugh when a lot of posters go on about tattoos on here. I know a lot of people in all walks of life some earning huge amounts of wedge a year 

Some like ink some dont.

9 hours ago, yogi100 said:

What do you expect 'Pattays' to be.

It's a knocking shop where dirty old men can get cheap sex from women who would not give them the time of day in the real world.

And that's why you went there in the first place just like I still do.

I was mid twenties when I first went there and can honestly say I had grown out of it by the time I was in my thirties and seen it for what it was.

On 12/19/2019 at 5:44 PM, Scot123 said:

People on here should take a long hard look at themselves and open their eyes. This should scare every single expat as to their future living on a knife edge. 1st We do not know why he never paid, we have a restaurant a reason that they gave to the police. 2nd what people on here for some reason aren't grasping; first day overstay if free you only start paying after day 2 @ 500baht a day so 1 week = 3,000baht. 

This type of thing should worry every single expat or any one thinking of visiting Thailand. Regardless of how you want to spin this an arrest warrant was issued for a one day over stay! Let that sink in because the presidence has been set!!! 

I agree.

The guy could be broke, or, for all we know, he just bought the hotel for his Thai girlfriend, and now it's time for her to have him removed from the scene, and Thailand. 

There's seems a little more to this story than just a disgruntled restaurant owner putting him into police for a 1 day overstay. 

On 12/19/2019 at 9:08 AM, Scouse123 said:

You watch too many American prison movies.

Well said.

I have seen plenty of whizz-kids and computer geniuses sitting in business class on airplanes paid for by international companies for their incredible talents. Many of those guys were inked and also with the seemingly obligatory piercings these days.

Did they have big nuts & bolts through their heads/faces/necks!!??????  ???? Pieces of metal hanging out of faces!

Being an old (54) fart, I always thought of tatts as being a "man-thing". Seeing fully-inked women still never looks quite right to me?!

6 hours ago, mike787 said:

ONE day overstay....really!!!!!  Give me a break!  Take it easy.  Ball busters.  No slack with Thai immigration.  No where to hide.  They make it impossible to hide or over stay.  More effective than Trumps wall.

Have you read any earlier posts?

There's already been an explanation about the "overstay".

13 hours ago, ukrules said:

He will be in prison for months before they finally move him to Bangkok, on to the IDC and eventually arrange a repatriation after he's paid a lot of money.

It's all about the money with these people.

If he has no money then how do you get blood out of a stone.

They probably hoping he has some kin or friends that will help out, or the Austrian consulate may help out but that would be probably a last resort hence the long time waiting to be deported.

Personally I think it should be the country that issued the passport that he was travelling on should be responsible for repatriation costs and recoup them from him however they can. 

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

If he has no money then how do you get blood out of a stone.

They probably hoping he has some kin or friends that will help out, or the Austrian consulate may help out but that would be probably a last resort hence the long time waiting to be deported.

Personally I think it should be the country that issued the passport that he was travelling on should be responsible for repatriation costs and recoup them from him however they can. 

Why don't you read an earlier post explaining about the overstay? It's already over and they did not arrest him for overstay in the first place. Don't believe what you read in The Thaiger or The Nation online. 

On 12/20/2019 at 8:51 AM, spidermike007 said:

All those other shenanigans that you list are no doubt being addressed. Really? And how do you know that? Since it is well known that many high ranking officials and elites, are involved in slavery rings, human trafficking and illegal fishing, and it is also well known that this administration was installed to protect the elite, the powerful, the wealthy, and those in power, how do you reconcile this inconsistency? Or do you just presume Prayuth is so noble, so competent, and so concerned for his nation, that everything that is wrong with the nation is being addressed? 

Please enlighten us on what they are doing at the moment with regard to air quality, and traffic safety. We are waiting with baited breath. 

I know it because there are regular reports of arrests and prosecutions in those cases. It is alleged that there are high ranking officers  involved and no doubt some are, but again they get brought to book when caught.

Traffic safety intiatives are announced weekly to be met with scathing sarcasm not least by yourself. Air quality is much less of a concern except in burning season which is also being addressed, to be met with the same droll 'I know it all' nonsense that reflects not only a hatred of all things Thai but a staggering ignorance of the scale of what needs to be done to maintain a farming industry stuck through sheer poverty in the early 20th century and drag it into current methods without starving the farmers with the sheer cost.

There's no magic wand, there never has been. What people such as yourself should do is drop the disdain for your host country and understand that major changes take time and patience.

People were dying on the roads and burning fields well before there ever was a Prayut.

On 12/19/2019 at 8:41 AM, canuckamuck said:

I wonder if expats will begin to develop side vision, which is a common feature among animals considered prey.

555 poor sod probably lost all his money to a competent official or a sweet lady 555. Only reason I can think for an Austrian to be down and out. What is needed here is the tourist police to investigate the competent officials and sweet ladies, but that'll never happen. No wonder everybody goes to Vietnam nowadays. 

The warrant issued on December 9th said that William W. had stayed, eaten and consumed beverages in a hotel knowing that he did not have the  ability to pay. The warrant also stated that he was on overstay. 

Did they tell him "Auf Wienerschnitzel"?

I'm sorry, but one day overstay and that's being reported?

If he was starving, couldn't he go to a temple and get some food?

I know that they'll give him food and even shelter.

But he seems to be an ex prison mate looking at his tattoos. 

On 12/18/2019 at 8:41 PM, canuckamuck said:

I wonder if expats will begin to develop side vision, which is a common feature among animals considered prey.

I had an Optoproctologist graft a third eye up my rear end so I can watch my backside.

Archived