decathlon

robblok

My wife found Decathlon on a trip to Bangkok and we have purchased several items of sportswear there.  We go to the one at Lotus on Rama 4, I believe.  Not a huge selection but if they have something you like it will no doubt be cheaper than the big brandnames. 

yep, Ive been shopping in the Bang Na Decathlon a few times. My 12 yr old loves it as he ccan play on some of the equipment, running machines etc, thus occupied for considerable time while Mother is shopping in Tesco next door.

The staff are good, helpfull without being over bearing and speak English.

I bought a bike for my son there a few months ago for 3000 bt, my son chose it after trying out other bikes on the bike track there and as stated, cheap and good quality. 

Oh, they do sports lessons, badminton, muay thai etc. I really enjoy spending time there.

I am a frequent shopper at Decathlon in Pattaya, upstairs at Tesco-Lotus on Nua. I have used their hiking boots while working in the mountainous jungles and wading across rivers in north Myanmar between two monsoon seasons and they still look like new. Their range of hiking shirts and pants is also excellent and fits all budgets. The size ranges offered also caters for the bigger farangs too. I am 6'4" and 100 lbs with size 11 feet and they accommodate all that easily. The range of items they stock is expanding and last time I got a replacement compact derailleur for my lad's bike for only 300 baht.

• Like 2

Just now, johng said:

There is (well was) a Decathlon  at the North Pattaya (opposite the town hall)  Tesco Lotus..bought my grand kids some roller blades.

Has it closed? My last purchase there was maybe a couple of months ago and it was busy with more stock than I could recall from earlier visits.

8 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Why do they require your phone and email to make a purchase?

They ask for one or the other when making a purchase in-store. It looks up my purchase history but I have never received any email or sms marketing from them.

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Has it closed? My last purchase there was maybe a couple of months ago and it was busy with more stock than I could recall from earlier visits.

I was there in April this year  and the staff where questioning customers about whether they should move the store and where a good location would be if they moved...

46 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

My wife found Decathlon on a trip to Bangkok and we have purchased several items of sportswear there.  We go to the one at Lotus on Rama 4, I believe.  Not a huge selection but if they have something you like it will no doubt be cheaper than the big brandnames. 

Decathlon is everywhere in BKK....how can one not know this when he lives here?

1 minute ago, Thian said:
48 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

Decathlon is everywhere in BKK....how can one not know this when he lives here?

Because we live in Chiang Rai, not Bangkok, and when we fly down to Bangkok we do not stay in the areas where Decathlon is located.  They are off the beaten track for us but we do make the effort sometimes.

1 hour ago, sfokevin said:

Why do they require your phone and email to make a purchase?

It is annoying when they ask for that. For years i just gave a fake phone number but recently i give an email, it's useful as a record of 2 year guarantee plus verifies any reviews you leave for products. No junk email ever received

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It is annoying when they ask for that. For years i just gave a fake phone number but recently i give an email, it's useful as a record of 2 year guarantee plus verifies any reviews you leave for products. No junk email ever received

I really dont see the problem, just make an email account for this if it bothers you. 

I guess a lot of people worry about privacy while shops like this just want to send a bit of advertisement at times. If that is the worst of it you make a rule in your mailbox to delete advertisements.

3 hours ago, BobbyL said:

They seem to have perfectly copied the European styled shop and made it work here without the need to change anything. 

It's a French entreprise, they are used to westerners, many shops in France for many years 

3 hours ago, johng said:

I was there in April this year  and the staff where questioning customers about whether they should move the store and where a good location would be if they moved...

Looking for possibly larger premises goes along with their increasing product range and current limits on in-house storage.

Of course Tesco-Lotus could just give up more floor space as they don't need much so these days.

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Decathlon eh!

What are their bikes like?

Not seen any stores in Phen.

The range of bikes in their Pattaya branch has been expanded and looks decent. I wasn't shopping for a bike at the time so don't recall the prices but similarly I don't recall any sticker shock either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, johng said:

There is (well was) a Decathlon  at the North Pattaya (opposite the town hall)  Tesco Lotus..bought my grand kids some roller blades.

Decathlon is still there. Now you required to apply for "membership", a mere formality. Decathlon is a French company, dealing only with their own brand. (Artengo)

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I am a frequent shopper at Decathlon in Pattaya, upstairs at Tesco-Lotus on Nua. I have used their hiking boots while working in the mountainous jungles and wading across rivers in north Myanmar between two monsoon seasons and they still look like new. Their range of hiking shirts and pants is also excellent and fits all budgets. The size ranges offered also caters for the bigger farangs too. I am 6'4" and 100 lbs with size 11 feet and they accommodate all that easily. The range of items they stock is expanding and last time I got a replacement compact derailleur for my lad's bike for only 300 baht.

I have used the same shop, and a big plus, is that at least one member of Staff can speak excellent English

Last week bought a couple of new tyres for MTB @ 200 Baht Each = bargain.

We got one here on Phuket also (right next to Central Festival) and I've been shopping there regularly.

So far we bought a cross-trainer there, swimming trunks, regular shorts, swimming goggles, and some stuff for the kids. The quality has always been good, the prices very acceptable, and as has been mentioned already its nice they have one item at several prices based on your "level of ambition".

Great store where sales people dont bother you, and when you ask them questions they actually know the answer. That the complete opposite of other Thai stores where they have 50 sales staff who keep following you around and they all know nothing. 

• Like 2