Buriram: Savage dog attack leaves three year old girl dead

webfact

Buriram: Savage dog attack leaves three year old girl dead

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A grandfather described the terrifying moment when he found his three year old granddaughter in the jaws of a savage dog in the village. 

He wrenched little Tenggwa from the mouth of the female dog and rushed her to hospital. 

But it was too late - she had been severely bitten in her neck and head.

Now villagers and police in the hamlet in Khok Khamin sub-district of Plap Plachai district have sealed off the area to try and capture the four year old dog who is called "Nang Jingjork".

Maa jingjork is the Thai word for a fox, but the dog responsible for the attack is a mixed Bang Kaew, a Thai breed. 

The alleged owner of the dog has refused to accept responsibility and has claimed it is a stray. 

A tearful Phinit, 50, told Daily News that he and his wife cared for their granddaughter after her parents split up and her mother went to work in Bangkok. 

The three year old was tagging along behind her grandmother as she went to get water for some buffaloes in a field. 

But Tenggwa - displaying the innocence and characteristics of a small child - wandered off. The grandmother called Phinit to go looking for her. 

He got on his motorcycle and drove around the village only to see in horror that the dog was tossing his granddaughter from side to side like a ragdoll.

It had the little girl's neck and head in its mouth. 

He said he rushed her to hospital but it was too late. He reported the matter to Plap Plachai police and together with villagers they went looking for the dog. 

He said that the owner of the dog denied any responsibility saying that the dog was not theirs. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-19
  • Sad 11

33 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Bang Kaew is a particularly nasty breed

I have one , sure she can be stuck up, but, loyal and a great snake attacker. She watches over my daughter and wife (wife hates her and they run round the cars my wife chasing her) But the dog is never far from them looking out) She is also loyal protector of the neighbors gardens (her area) and will always join the kids playing. The have small mouths but, very sharp teeth. Lives in the garden, Barks at strangers, moves on soi dogs, who run past her area, except lead dog who visits once a day, they greet each other and moves on. And howls a warning on snakes, and attacks them if they hang about. But, I agree any dog that attacks people is swiftly dispatched, own or not! The other dogs ain't stupid and become aware of what will happen if they do, otherwise they do a great service in keeping vermin both 2 legged and 4 legged versions out of the area. Mind you our village doesn't have many simple folk living in it! Finally if our dog ever bit/attacked a person to cause injury, We would have her put down. 

This is a very sad story. I feel for the girls family. Here in Bangkok something on my mind as of late is that dogs seem to be getting larger and look like mixed breed pits. Wild dogs like this, becoming territorial, and essentially all wild, is going to make stories like this more common. Anyone else notice this phenomenon or is it my imagination?

1 minute ago, johng said:

They don't need spaying or neutering...they need to be removed/culled and the "not" owners fined for letting their "pets" cause chaos and mayhem.

1 minute ago, johng said:

They don't need spaying or neutering...they need to be removed/culled and the "not" owners fined for letting their "pets" cause chaos and mayhem.

Mandate licenses

typical thai response! always looking after more and more dogs yet as soon as there is a problem "it aint mine"

Got my dog killed by a neighbors dog on my land. Police said just let it go.. Owner said its the other neighbors dog which is rubbish. Just absolutely moronic. So dam ignorant and this is why im not fond of thailand anymore. Its the people!