TOT blocking IPTV?

MJKT2014

Last few days my TOT fibre line 100/100 has too much buffering when streaming IPTV from overseas, whereas other internet provider there is no issue for the same IPTV service. If I apply a VPN to TOT then the issue goes away. Anyone else notice this or know of what issue could be with TOT?

I have TOT fiber4U, 200/200, no buffering lately, but i have

my PC connected to router via RJ45 CAT 6 cables,you always

get more speed with cable, I noticed when my Adguard adblocker

is on the speed is about halved,if yours is working OK with VPN,

which also slows down speed,, TOT must be throttling the IPTV

you are streaming from.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

TOT must be throttling the IPTV

you are streaming from.

That's what I'm thinking - but not sure how to test if I am being throttled with a specific IPTV provider? So far I have noticed the issue with TOT during late afternoon/evenings for last few days. My only solution so far is to apply a cheap VPN which slows down speed but stops all the buffering somehow. Just wondering if others have experienced same or know of TOT change of service been adopted?

On 12/25/2019 at 8:30 AM, longball53098 said:

I use 2 IPTV subscriptions, Nitro and Murica. I do not see any slowing or throttling on my TOT fiber2U home system.

Interesting. I use OTTTv sub and since last week TOT fibre2u throttles it from midday onwards each day. Only throttles IPTV, nothing else like torrents etc. Previously it worked fine for years. I have subscribed to a cheap VPN to get around this in meantime. I can choose any VPN location and the throttling stops. However if I choose a VPN based in Thailand the throttling starts again, so I usually use a Singapore based location for best speeds. 

If I choose another network such as DTAC mobile data there is no throttling, so it must be a new feature of TOT in Bangkok where I am based.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have started using a VPN with TOT Fibre 2U on occasions when throttling seems to be happening. I mostly have issues with US channels during 6pm to midnight on TOT, whereas UK channels seem OK most of days without any VPN. Some days I can get by without any VPN 24hrs, but it seems having a VPN as a backup method to get uninterrupted IPTV is the only way for me on TOT.

On 2/7/2020 at 6:14 PM, gkroo said:

I am in Nonthaburi and have TOT fibre , I also have had huge throttling problems for the past 5 days, especially with "Live Net Tv" app and Australian channels !!!!!!

Mine has been ok this weekend, watched UFC without any issues this morning. Maybe they are just throttling Monday - Friday, I'll find out tomorrow evening. 

I can't use a VPN with my IPTV service. I'd have to change ISP if it does persist.