Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Vietnam extends 15 day visa-free travel for some countries

Recommended Posts

Visa deal extends three years

By TTR WEEKLY

 

Vietnam-600x355.jpg

 

HANOI, 19 December 2019: Vietnam’s travel industry has welcomed the government decision to extend visa-free stays for citizens from Russia, Japan, South Korea, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Belarus until 13 December 2022.

 

Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) announced the extension on Tuesday. The visa-free stay is valid for 15 days.

 

The eight countries have enjoyed visa exemption since 2015, but it was due to expire 31 December 31 this year.

 

South Koreans are the second-largest source of tourists after China scoring 3.86 million visits over January to November this year, while Japan is the third largest with 872,255 visits. Russian in sixth place delivered 585,647 visits over the 11 months.

 

European countries like Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Belarus remain emerging tourism markets. Finland supplied just 18,826 visits during the 11 months.

 

Full story: https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2019/12/visa-deal-extends-three-years/

 

ObLDL11.png

-- © Copyright TTR Weekly 2019-12-20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d wish they do it for Americans but I doubt it. After waiting 4 business days to get an e visa last week they sent It late ( everything on line says within 3 working days) there were two mistakes on it. It started 2 days late and it ended a day early. I didn’t care about ending date but a warning to others who need an e visa, they are slow and sloppy. I had to buy 2 new air tickets to get there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I’d wish they do it for Americans but I doubt it. After waiting 4 business days to get an e visa last week they sent It late ( everything on line says within 3 working days) there were two mistakes on it. It started 2 days late and it ended a day early. I didn’t care about ending date but a warning to others who need an e visa, they are slow and sloppy. I had to buy 2 new air tickets to get there. 

Perhaps that's because in the not too recent past, the US bombed the <deleted> out of the place? They have long memories you know. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

European countries like Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Belarus remain emerging tourism markets. Finland supplied just 18,826 visits during the 11 months.

 

Everyone this country tired go Hua Hin and ask Visa and fund same sun and beautiful beach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I’d wish they do it for Americans but I doubt it. After waiting 4 business days to get an e visa last week they sent It late ( everything on line says within 3 working days) there were two mistakes on it. It started 2 days late and it ended a day early. I didn’t care about ending date but a warning to others who need an e visa, they are slow and sloppy. I had to buy 2 new air tickets to get there. 

Since America does not give visa exempt status to Viets, I don’t see why Vietnam should give visa exempt status to Americans. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Perhaps that's because in the not too recent past, the US bombed the <deleted> out of the place? They have long memories you know. 

I did say “ I doubt it “ but I think it will happen soon especially if they want more tourist $$ they changed it from one year multiple entry only for about $140Usd to E visa 30 day $25 , even all those countries that get 14 days have to get e visa ( I’m quite sure for stays 15-30 days ) So they are treating Americans the same in that respect already. Lastly there really are very few Vietnamese who were around during the war. The young population is HUGE. They don’t care. I lived in Japan in the 90’s and treated with the upmost respect as are Japanese in America. I completely disagree about “ memories “ of war. Nobody really cares ( very very few) I didn’t learn about WW 2 in high school , nobody does , same for Vietnam war. This is not disrespect to you guys who served but it’s just the way time flies and generations forget. 

Edited by alex8912
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I did say “ I doubt it “ but I think it will happen soon especially if they want more tourist $$ they changed it from one year multiple entry only for about $140Usd to E visa 30 day $25 , even all those countries that get 14 days have to get e visa ( I’m quite sure for stays 15-30 days ) So they are treating Americans the same in that respect already. Lastly there really are very few Vietnamese who were around during the war. The young population is HUGE. They don’t care. I lived in Japan in the 90’s and treated with the upmost respect as are Japanese in America. I completely disagree about “ memories “ of war. Nobody really cares ( very very few) I didn’t learn about WW 2 in high school , nobody does , same for Vietnam war. This is not disrespect to you guys who served but it’s just the way time flies and generations forget. 

That is all true of course, but I do believe in the old saying that those who forget the history are destined to repeat the same mistakes again. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

That is all true of course, but I do believe in the old saying that those who forget the history are destined to repeat the same mistakes again. 

Oh yes!  But that is a whole different thread. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Oh yes!  But that is a whole different thread. 

indeed it is 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps the endless stream of Hollywood films depicting Americans slaughtering Vietnamese people is putting them off?

 

Plus the cancer rates for areas soaked in Agent Orange.

 

I'm pretty sure the Cambodians and Laotians are not too enamoured with all the unexploded ordnance scattered about their countryside too, but as you say, that's for another thread.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Traubert said:

Perhaps the endless stream of Hollywood films depicting Americans slaughtering Vietnamese people is putting them off?

 

Plus the cancer rates for areas soaked in Agent Orange.

 

I'm pretty sure the Cambodians and Laotians are not too enamoured with all the unexploded ordnance scattered about their countryside too, but as you say, that's for another thread.

As I said most countries including the USA need at least an e visa for 15-30 day visits which is just as cheap $25 for Americans as it is for others.  So your reason for the above immaturity level you live at is NOT a reason at all. A one year multiple entry visa has the same cost and paperwork for Americans and others and is also easy to get Mr Drama Queen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Russians don't even have to pay for 1 and 3 month visas obtained in the airport by an approval letter. Ahhhhaaaaa. All others have to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...