The Thai 'Second' or 'Junior Wife' Phenomena

Pilotman

I wonder how many will honestly reply to this topic?  We have all heard of the Junior or second wife situation here in LOS, mainly with high up Thai men keeping a junior 'on tap'.  It is even acknowledged among Thai ladies that this can and does happen and often, they seem to be okay with it.  Here is the question; will anyone on TVF admit to doing the same? Only married to a Thai need reply, as we can all guess at the attitude of those who are single.

I reserve my own right of reply, for now.  

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I can honestly say not for me. Not saying that I do not spend time looking at the pretty women, and wondering, as I bet most men do. It is just that I have grown accustomed to taking a pee standing up.......:ermm: 

Agree not good to loose  it while sleeping.????????????

6 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I can honestly say not for me. Not saying that I do not spend time looking at the pretty women, and wondering, as I bet most men do. It is just that I have grown accustomed to taking a pee standing up.......:ermm: 

Looking at the chocolates or smelling the roses is great innocent sport.

No way I want to keep my tackle,I know Thai men, who

have several minor wives,provide houses for them,cars,

and a monthly stipend, so they are happy ,and it all seems

to work,having one is enough for me.could not afford more anyway.

regards Worgeordie

Let's make this a general answer.

I think there is a big difference of what many Thai men do and what many foreigners do.

It seems for Thai men part of this is to be seen with her. And if she has a nice car and everybody knows that he bought it for her that seems to be what rich and famous Thai men want.

On the other hand many farangs can't resist and don't want to resist all those lovely girls. It seems for many farangs if they see a girl according to their taste then they want to see that girl in private to have some fun with her. And maybe they see a couple of times the same girls or they see different girls. But the main idea is to see her in private. Most farangs, at least as far as I can tell, don't want that the public knows about this. Maybe they will tell their best friend that they see x and y. But they wouldn't post it on facebook. It's very different from what Thai men do.

My neighbour and his large family from Myanmar frequently offers me one of his many daughters as a 'mia noi'. I am sure he is only half-joking, but the girls are of course embarrased a little at his proposals as he normally shouts it from across the street. My wife laughs it off as a joke.

However his eldest son until recently was married and had 2 children, living in the same house, when suddenly his second wife was discovered as his first wifes younger sister. Original wife took the kids to her mothers and is denying access, younger sister just moved in in her sisters place.

So I would say not all girls are 'ok with it', including my wife who says 'look ok, touch no ok!' ????

9 minutes ago, Saltire said:

My neighbour and his large family from Myanmar frequently offers me one of his many daughters as a 'mia noi'. I am sure he is only half-joking, but the girls are of course embarrased a little at his proposals as he normally shouts it from across the street. My wife laughs it off as a joke.

where do you live? :clap2:

52 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

We have all heard of the Junior or second wife situation here in LOS, mainly with high up Thai men keeping a junior 'on tap'. 

the idea that this could be remotely acceptable to women in Thailand is one of the reasons I decided to live here. 

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

the idea that this could be remotely acceptable to women in Thailand is one of the reasons I decided to live here. 

My wife found it unacceptable initially. I explained that TiT and why I came here. Eventually we reached a compromise and I was given 3 rules:

Always sleep in my bed at night.

No DATY. ????

Always use a condom.:sorry:

Well, one out of 3 ain't bad!

I think another big difference with Thais and foreigners is that for Thais those women are 2nd wife and it seems this is clear for everybody concerned.

The 2nd wife knows she is 2nd wife and will never be 1st wife.

And the 1st wife knows that the 2nd wife will never be the 1st wife.

Is the 1st wife together with the guy because she loves him so much and wants to have sex with him? Or are there maybe other reasons why they are married? Will the 1st wife miss it if he does not have sex with her? We can all guess.

But I think with farangs many 1st wives are concerned that the their husband exchanges the 1st wife with the 2nd wife. And that is the actual problem. Because that happens obviously often enough, not only in Thailand. Successful guy exchanges old first wife with a young replacement. Because for farangs there is often no clear rule that the 2nd wife or gig might become the main one. No wonder main wives are concerned about this.

36 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

where do you live? :clap2:

Near Sangkhla Buri in Kanchanaburi.

70% of the village are non Thai, mainly from Laos and Myanmar. Many third-generation families with kids born here so are Thai and when old enough they buy land, the rest of their family come across. Entire family generally works for the local Thai landowners.

Makes it even more difficult to learn Thai, but on the plus side a never ending procession of Myanmar beauties past the house ????

43 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Most woman are definitely not ok with it

On the whole I think that's about right, however I do believe that where the husband is very wealthy, and decides upon taking a mia noi, then sometimes the wife will turn a blind eye to it because she knows that she has a good life with all of the rich trappings, and does not want to upset the apple cart, as the saying goes, so turns a blind eye.

Sometimes!!

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think another big difference with Thais and foreigners is that for Thais those women are 2nd wife and it seems this is clear for everybody concerned.

The 2nd wife knows she is 2nd wife and will never be 1st wife.

And the 1st wife knows that the 2nd wife will never be the 1st wife.

Is the 1st wife together with the guy because she loves him so much and wants to have sex with him? Or are there maybe other reasons why they are married? Will the 1st wife miss it if he does not have sex with her? We can all guess.

But I think with farangs many 1st wives are concerned that the their husband exchanges the 1st wife with the 2nd wife. And that is the actual problem. Because that happens obviously often enough, not only in Thailand. Successful guy exchanges old first wife with a young replacement. Because for farangs there is often no clear rule that the 2nd wife or gig might become the main one. No wonder main wives are concerned about this.

15 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

My wife found it unacceptable initially. I explained that TiT and why I came here. Eventually we reached a compromise and I was given 3 rules:

Always sleep in my bed at night.

No DATY. ????

Always use a condom.:sorry:

Well, one out of 3 ain't bad!

I am American... California.... Married 4 times now.. 2 farang and 2 Thai... (what a fun ride it has been)

I have been married to #4 now 24 years (previous wives 10 - 15 years) I joke with her 24 years.... THAT MAKES YOU THE WINNER!!!!!!.... (SHE SMILES)..... at the same time I met this Thai wife in the USA 24 years ago I met a girl in Bangkok..... I kept them both (for 24 years).... The USA Thai wife don't know about the Thai Mia-Noi (2nd wife) but Mia-Noi knows about the USA Thai wife.... IT IS A GREAT LIFE... (a good part of my life has been spent on Airplanes.... But can you imagine my 'miles' and free tickets?????)

Both of these wives are KEEPERS.... I would not know how to make a choice... Both are wonderful women with different 'Magnificent Values'..... I feel like the luckiest guy in the world (and in 2 months I am 80 years old)....

LET ME ASK YOU FORUM MEMBERS THIS........ After seeing my life  story and my pleasures....... Would you ALLOW your wife to enjoy what I have enjoyed.... I encourage her to seek the pleasures.... being the 'un-selfish' guy that I am.... MY 2ND MARRIAGE WAS ON OPEN RELATIONSHIP WHERE WE BOTH DID OTHERS..... Some of the best times of my life, as was the past 24 years (in whichI had many 'KIKs" as well, including present time)......

WOULD YOU AFFORD YOUR WIFE THE 'SAME' PLEASURES YOU ENJOY FOR YOURSELF

19 minutes ago, xylophone said:

On the whole I think that's about right, however I do believe that where the husband is very wealthy, and decides upon taking a mia noi, then sometimes the wife will turn a blind eye to it because she knows that she has a good life with all of the rich trappings, and does not want to upset the apple cart, as the saying goes, so turns a blind eye.

Sometimes!!

Usually because they have kid together and not want the family to finish. 

The woman care about the kid/family.

90% are not ok with it.

And if you are mia noi, most people think it same sopenee.

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

90% are not ok with it.

or they married about a business, a farm...

I think the most important point in a discussion like this one is to accept this is part of other people's freedoms to do as they like or as they decided, in the end it's up to them and not up to us to say how they should live. Somehow I also feel applying political correctness or morals to the issue, denigrating people involved as somehow perverted or of morally inferior standards is mildly insulting as their individual situations are not known and it's like a blanket denial of their individual freedoms to have the lifestyle they want or agree to.

Western morals' fascination with sex being sinful and monogamy, inoculated in every child's mind by hollywood, doesn't help of course. I say life and let live.

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

90% are not ok with it.

"And if you are mia noi, most people think it same sopenee." Very untrue, if it were Thai men wouldn't parade their mia noi around in public, like their prized possession. When Thai men visit a "sopenee" they are extremely secretive about it.

Quite a disgusting post all round really. Very dissappointing.

No frankly I am not a sadist and I do not need like to show same how rich Thai men are, with my first Thai I already have many problems but not very important if I had the second one I would multiply the problems by taking into consideration that the first and my only Thai girlfriend handles the kitchen utensils very well

12 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

"And if you are mia noi, most people think it same sopenee." Very untrue, if it were Thai men wouldn't parade their mia noi around in public, like their prized possession. When Thai men visit a "sopenee" they are extremely secretive about it.

Yes the Thai man think proud prize. Show off. That how the man think.

The real wife and daughters, sisters, friends think it same sopenee. 

Sorry Danny, but it true.

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Not unpleasant to sit down sometimes ..
especially when you are tired after a good day of work or a hundred km off-piste on a good mountain bike
The feeling is very pleasant ...

And to answer the question, no mia noy or kik (gik, but the letter "G 'does not exist in Thai); for a lot of reasons, the main one of which is: not enough money to support a second wife ; 
and then at my age (71) only one is already enough.:giggle:

44 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Danny, watch this. 

What you think? 

Archived