Pattaya: New bar area is not "Naan plaza!" Group insists it's not just for Indians and claim project will lower bar prices

rooster59

24 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Great backtracking by the group, wrong, but a good try.  They were probably right the first time. It will turn out to be one more place to avoid on my rare excursions into that City. Bit akin to that massive white elephant, Terminal 21. 

I'm not so sure that your assessment is correct.

I think in many ways regarding tourism Pattaya has turned the corma.

Rooster

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I love the idea that the passport office is staying, makes it a one stop shop, meet a BG, off to the ST hotel (presume there will be one) then up to the passport office and try and take her back home with you.

and a clinic for antibiotics and the whole thing is full circle. :shock1::cheesy:

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Thought the plan was to change pattaya. How exactly does adding more bars change it ?

It is not a change, it is a private group taking the Indian trade for themselves.

So all the other bars will not benefit if the amount of Indian tourists increases. 

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Cheaper bar fines would go down well

i agree, i love the idea of beach road freelancer rates 500-900 bht short time, if the indians can match or make bar fines less than that it will be great for TAT and all of thailands economy.

14 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I bet this will be advertised in India as an Indian venue.

Will be a huge draw and I bet increase the Indian numbers.

I certainly won't go have not set foot in a Gogo for several years rip off buy me a drink fake over priced tourist traps.

To be fair, their current venue's don't have many Indians, if any.

As to cheap beer, that's easy, you just have to argue for 45 minutes.  ???? 

13 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

I find it interesting to open a bar area when 47% of their population is muslim. I thought muslims can't drink alcohol?

They walk across the southern border town at night get drunk go short time smoke ciggs and walk back across the border innocent

A brave business man has rented this place for 9 years and tries to get a return on his investment. Nothing special. I find it a great idea and Indians are often very good in doing business. For sure much better than many farangs who are sitting in their own bar every night as their only customer. 

Archived