Pattaya: New bar area is not "Naan plaza!" Group insists it's not just for Indians and claim project will lower bar prices

rooster59

6 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

They walk across the southern border town at night get drunk go short time smoke ciggs and walk back across the border innocent

Speaking of south of the border, we've all noticed that Pattaya burns through various demographics over the years. Sometimes they make comebacks but eventually the worm turns.

Brits, Americans, Scandanavians, Russians Russians Russians, Iranians, Arabs, Chinese and Indians.

Obviously Africans have future potential, but what about Mexicans!

I'd love to see that.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am wondering when promoters in tourist areas in Thailand will think outside the sex and booze area of entertainment?

It shows a lack of thought, and inability to feel that anything more than sex and alcohol is of interest for tourists.

Sad reflection on society

I also think that the cheaper rents and drink prices will be a problem, if to many customers from walkingstreet will be going there and renters will move , the problems will start with the big players in walkingstreet not being happy about the loss of income and face ofcourse . Nice story is going to be unvolded, because money talks but loss of it and loss of face will be a big factor in this one . 

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

but what about Mexicans!

Once while spending a night in Nong Khai before  crossing into Lao the next day, I was eating at a sidewalk place and met a guy from Mexico, naturalized US citizen -- he was married to a Thai lady, they were visiting her family.  I had to ask "am I in Tijuana or Nong Khai?"

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Speaking of south of the border, we've all noticed that Pattaya burns through various demographics over the years. Sometimes they make comebacks but eventually the worm turns.

Brits, Americans, Scandanavians, Russians Russians Russians, Iranians, Arabs, Chinese and Indians.

Obviously Africans have future potential, but what about Mexicans!

I'd love to see that.

The Mexicans must be favourite, as we all know from Trump, they'll pay for the whore wall.

7 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:
14 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Perhaps there will be some Indian customers negotiating with girls regarding use of the Northwest Passage.

You mean 5 Indian customers negotiating with 1 girl...

Sounds like they're planning on a cruise liner, not a kayak.

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Thought the plan was to change pattaya. How exactly does adding more bars change it ?

If they keep the “nice” businesses visible at the front, and put the “naughty” ones inside, out of sight from the road, including some that move from Walking Street for cheaper rents then the authorities can claim they have cleaned up Walking Street.

Dear Mr Baku.

Best wishes with your venture.

If you want to make real money, try something different.

Suggestions include jazz bar, blues bar, piano bar.

Also a bar or two that excludes prostitutes of any type. 

A normal bar, where normal people can go without their eardrums being burst my rubbish music.

A place one can go without being harassed for lady drinks, short time or long time.

A place where the girls can relax and enjoy without being assumed to be seeking money, would be very nice.

Combinations of the above = winner.

Ready.........go!

38 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

Dont know why Thailand is so excited to have Indians and Chinese tourists........they spend NOTHING.

Chinese will rather sit in the room and eat Ramen noodles than spend 40 bhat for street food, let alone a meal of any value in a restaurant.

Yes, just keep believing your own bs. Most Chinese and Indian tourists are too smart to waste money sitting in a dump of a bar, fending off farm girls. They don’t come here for the booze or sex. The quality of girls in China is immeasurably higher than in Thailand. 

As to street food, this might be nice for a taste but don’t expect any self respecting tourist to be eating this every day. A lot of restaurants in Pattaya are western food restaurants. Not exactly on the bucket list for many Chinese and Indian tourists. 

13 minutes ago, oznomad said:

Dear Mr Baku.

Best wishes with your venture.

If you want to make real money, try something different.

Suggestions include jazz bar, blues bar, piano bar.

Also a bar or two that excludes prostitutes of any type. 

A normal bar, where normal people can go without their eardrums being burst my rubbish music.

A place one can go without being harassed for lady drinks, short time or long time.

A place where the girls can relax and enjoy without being assumed to be seeking money, would be very nice.

Combinations of the above = winner.

Ready.........go!

Hemingways in Jomtien. And there are others.

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Group insists it's not just for Indians and claim project will lower bar prices

Which will seriously pee off Thai bar owners who are keeping up the prices to make a profit, the last thing they want is a price war on the doorstep!

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

I bet this will be advertised in India as an Indian venue.

Will be a huge draw and I bet increase the Indian numbers.

I certainly won't go have not set foot in a Gogo for several years rip off buy me a drink fake over priced tourist traps.

Indians don't frequent bars and gogos. If that's their business model, it's an instant fail. Indian clubs might have more success but it's at the wrong end of town to attract Indian visitors. More likely that the bars and gogos that cater for Western customers will relocate there, leaving what remains of Walking Street to the Indians and Chinese flag followers.

10 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Which will seriously pee off Thai bar owners who are keeping up the prices to make a profit, the last thing they want is a price war on the doorstep!

I'll cry for them - or snigger, one of the two anyway.  ????

4 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Thought the plan was to change pattaya. How exactly does adding more bars change it ?

That was plan A [which has been shelved]

This is plan B another re-invention, but of the old idea... beer & sex sells.
The best they can come up with to save Pattaya from the gutter is another "Nana copy" & Indians

what they don't understand is that as many as it may attract, the same will stay away.
I don't think they've thought this through & done the maths.
Cheap charlie Indian haggling a price for a massage
or
A family of  4 on a real holiday.

25 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Indians don't frequent bars and gogos. If that's their business model, it's an instant fail. Indian clubs might have more success but it's at the wrong end of town to attract Indian visitors. More likely that the bars and gogos that cater for Western customers will relocate there, leaving what remains of Walking Street to the Indians and Chinese flag followers.

These Indian clubs?

image.png.4980047f1e6613fcf7ae38ab1fb2a2f0.png

They also didn’t factor in the Thai mentality. Cheap rent means more profit can be made by charging the same prices as before. 

I can’t see this area targeting Indian clientele, if they did, they’d never succeed. How could they make money with 6 Indian chaps sharing 1 beer ????

Archived