Pattaya: New bar area is not "Naan plaza!" Group insists it's not just for Indians and claim project will lower bar prices

rooster59

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"We hope that these savings will be passed down to the customer resulting in lower alcohol prices and a better experience for the end user".

We hope..... ????

Because bar operators are of course characterised and well known for their largesse and generosity towards their customers.

No chance whatsoever that the extra savings on rent will be translated to extra profits in operators pockets....

Prices may well initially be cheaper to draw in the custom and establish the venues, but then greed will rapidly take over.

Baku owners are very smart . They rented the entire complex at no doubt “cheapish” price.

will divide it into lots and rent it out . They make money back , bar/club owners pay all “donations” 

Baku can not lose. 

remimds me of now Chuvit park in Soi 10, funny enough indian was also behind that venture ????

8 minutes ago, kensisaket said:

Naan Plaza. That in a nutshell is the extent of English use/comprehension here, one word four letters (the same letter used twice); and, manage to misspell that word.  

Doh!! It's the extent of your comprehension that is lacking. It's a play on words - not a misspelling; which if you had read the article carefully you would understand....

Naan being the Indian word for a type of flatbread....... <sigh>

37 minutes ago, Shadychris said:
51 minutes ago, kensisaket said:

Naan Plaza. That in a nutshell is the extent of English use/comprehension here, one word four letters (the same letter used twice); and, manage to misspell that word.  

Doh!! It's the extent of your comprehension that is lacking. It's a play on words - not a misspelling; which if you had read the article carefully you would understand....

Naan being the Indian word for a type of flatbread....... <sigh>

Looks like we'd better not mention all the plays on words subsequently to do with Indian food and places in India.

We've got less than two weeks until the end of the year, we could end up in a pickle.

41 minutes ago, BestB said:

Baku owners are very smart .

That is yet to be seen.

42 minutes ago, BestB said:

They rented the entire complex at no doubt “cheapish” price.

It doesn't matter what price they got the entire complex for, if they can't rent it out.

43 minutes ago, BestB said:

bar/club owners pay all “donations” 

Baku has to find the owners first.

44 minutes ago, BestB said:

Baku can not lose. 

That's been the thinking of many broke farang, well before Baku came onto the scene in Pattaya. 

I would not be surprised if the purpose of this purchase is to use The Avenue as a cash washing machine. 

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

That's been the thinking of many broke farang, well before Baku came onto the scene in Pattaya. 

I would not be surprised if the purpose of this purchase is to use The Avenue as a cash washing machine. 

We had one of those open up near us:

image.png.a893efe9eb68d197b2b0ce6bdbbb12e4.png

51 minutes ago, Leaver said:

That is yet to be seen.

It doesn't matter what price they got the entire complex for, if they can't rent it out.

Baku has to find the owners first.

Maybe you missed it, already half of the units are booked. Plenty of wanna be bar owners , one fails , next one steps in

10 minutes ago, BestB said:

No idea but according to Baku some major players have booked, maybe moving or maybe opening up additional ones 

For the amount of staff required to man 37 gogos and make it a top end venue, they would have to poach/transfer a lot of girls. There just aren't that many quality girls to go round. It'll kill Walking Street.

Could be a major change for Pattaya. If it goes to plan, I can only see it as a positive.

8 hours ago, Captain 776 said:

Bargirls should be most concerned based on the FACT, one Indian gets the girl, brings her back to the room to be raped by the 4 guys hiding in the closet, if she is lucky, they chip in and give her 500 BHAT.

Dont know why Thailand is so excited to have Indians and Chinese tourists........they spend NOTHING.

Chinese will rather sit in the room and eat Ramen noodles than spend 40 bhat for street food, let alone a meal of any value in a restaurant.

And todays award for the Most Bigoted Comment goes to......

6 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

I, for one, am hoping this project will include some other good food retail options. 

Such as an up market delhicatessen. 

Rooster

Totally agree. With the lack of choice in cooked meats and sausages, Pattaya definitely needs a New Delhi.

Have never read so much <deleted>.Cheaper bar prices ?,Cheaper compared to were.The cheapest around pattaya bars is 60 baht for a small bottle of beer.Nearly 3 of these to a pint.So thats over £4 a pint.Girls asking 2000 is the norm now.I have also heard that shooters is going to put bar fines up to 1200 baht.? Noise not a problem ? Big brown envelope there.So pattaya needed another bar area ? The place is dead.Its expencive,and the whole attitude to farrangs stinks.Full of indians walking around looking into bars.Avoid the place,Its finished.

1 minute ago, Thomas Hannah said:

Have never read so much <deleted>.Cheaper bar prices ?,Cheaper compared to were.The cheapest around pattaya bars is 60 baht for a small bottle of beer.Nearly 3 of these to a pint.So thats over £4 a pint.Girls asking 2000 is the norm now.I have also heard that shooters is going to put bar fines up to 1200 baht.? Noise not a problem ? Big brown envelope there.So pattaya needed another bar area ? The place is dead.Its expencive,and the whole attitude to farrangs stinks.Full of indians walking around looking into bars.Avoid the place,Its finished.

Leo 50 baht/250cc (£2.84/pint). in a bar near me. BJ 500 baht, no barfine. Local restaurant, Swedish Kebabs, salad, chips 190 baht, pint of draught Tiger 65 baht.(£1.62). And England's cheaper?

3 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

For the amount of staff required to man 37 gogos and make it a top end venue, they would have to poach/transfer a lot of girls. There just aren't that many quality girls to go round. It'll kill Walking Street.

Could be a major change for Pattaya. If it goes to plan, I can only see it as a positive.

True , unless new ones will be smaller or maybe many are planning to make a move to save on huge rents . Indeed if this happens , Walking will not be the same . 

will find out soon enough ????

10 hours ago, Mac98 said:

.... a sprinkle of A+ talent, it could put the fun factor back in Pattaya nightlife. An advertising campaign of "Pattaya is back!" would do wonders.

I agree. still interesting to explore new holes where the sun doesn't shine.

A photo with a rank of sexy bum should be perfect with the new slogan !!

9 hours ago, KenKadz said:

Sounds like a Flash in the Pan from some kid who just graduated with a Business Degree and Big Ideas but has Not Thought those Ideas Through to completion.

Competing with so many established businesses in the same area that already have cheap prices and good hospitality does not seem like a good business decision.

I have a vision in my mind of the empty properties with building foundations along 2nd Road between Soi 5 and Soi 6.

All the Pattaya area has a lot of these ''successful projects''

founded by wise investissors with a bunch of money

They are now inhabited ghost buildings

there are hundred of them all over the city

silent witnesses of the successive failures.

Useless cautions, they are unable to discourage the followings.

''Rinse and repeat'' the eternal Pattaya motto

6 hours ago, BestB said:

Maybe you missed it, already half of the units are booked. Plenty of wanna be bar owners , one fails , next one steps in

Maybe you missed the essential point in the sentence

''To date Baku group has 17 verbal agreements out of 39 plots.''

A verbal agreement, paticularly in Pattaya, is far from a contract 

yes a lot of ''wannabe'' here until the moment of truth, where you need to show the money

and suddenly there are lot less people for some valid reasons (Phone battery out, a friend just

died in another part of the country, my bank is on strike, i am waiting from my accountant to return

from his annual vacation and so on)

19 hours ago, Beggar said:

For sure much better than many farangs who are sitting in their own bar every night as their only customer. 

Have you viewed the roaring success of the many new Indian eating places that have sprung up around town. I've seen more people at a Yorkshire charity event.

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Have you viewed the roaring success of the many new Indian eating places that have sprung up around town. I've seen more people at a Yorkshire charity event.

0:2

no need to to explain which way the ratio is.

17 hours ago, bri1guy said:

Change Pattaya by putting gogo bars in a mall of course.

Next please put gogo dancing in Fast food restaurants , Coffee shops, & lastly why not at a bank?

there is a lass on the mcdonalds drive through that I would happily have her dance round my pole.

52 minutes ago, Rocking Robert said:

I stopped in a bar in soi cowboy Friday night I brought a drink and 2 lady’s drinks 4 Indians came in sat and was watching the girls dance and refused to buy a drink .The manager was having a fit. I didn’t think all those stories I heard were  true. But I guess they are

I saw something similar handled far better in a Pattaya GGB... well I found it entertaining. 

1 hour ago, Rocking Robert said:

I stopped in a bar in soi cowboy Friday night I brought a drink and 2 lady’s drinks 4 Indians came in sat and was watching the girls dance and refused to buy a drink .The manager was having a fit. I didn’t think all those stories I heard were  true. But I guess they are

A lot Indians just do not indulge in alcohol, couple that with poor cultural understading and lack of being able to indulge the sensual pleasures publically in the home country, I guess it is understandable on many levels

11 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

A lot Indians just do not indulge in alcohol, couple that with poor cultural understading and lack of being able to indulge the sensual pleasures publically in the home country, I guess it is understandable on many levels

and yet they defecate on the street.

Archived