merry Xmas. Do you miss your family/friends?

Yinn

11 hours ago, Tagged said:

Have celebrated christmas in Florida, Spain, Dubai, and Thailand, but the last 15 years I have celebrated home, and It is always good to come back home for christmas to see family. 

But when my mom i passed away, I think I will stay in Thailand if I am not going for work at those times. 

Do not get better than this ????

9CEAF229-D589-4975-942A-AAFDDFC4149A.jpeg

Where?

18 hours ago, 473geo said:

Well here is something to ponder

Stories of little kids of believing in Santa age asking what they did to upset Santa because he gave their friend an I phone and they got socks and a jacket!!!

So sad

I feel it is better to just be good to your kids all the time and teach them to understand when money is tight things must wait and that they benefit when it is plentiful

I enjoyed Christmas as a child real family occasion, love seeing my siblings even now but things are different these days, as my family in Thailand do not celebrate Christmas and I am not there, kids are at school then I don't push it

When I was a child, my mother made decorations ( I "helped" ) and presents.

When I was with my partner she bought a load of expensive presents for her kids, and was really upset because they didn't appreciate them. All they really wanted was some of her time, but her "career" was more important to her, so she tried to buy them off with expensive presents.

I know which version of Christmas I prefer.

• Like 2

On 12/21/2019 at 8:45 AM, sirineou said:

Same here my friend. I could not imagine not being with my daughter

"Our usual routine is with have Christmas with my daughters, ex wife and her husband, then we fly out to Thailand for a couple of months. "

We could be twins, only we do Thanksgiving with Daughter, Ex-wife and her husband, because my daughters B-day is the Nov 22nd so we combine the two.  

Right now waiting for my daughter to wake up (she sleeps late on saturdays , 10:30 here in FL) and we are going Christmas shopping !! I am warming up Credit card LOL

Winters are nice in FL , today 71 F and sunny. Will be back in Thailand March or April. 

How is the weather where you are, is it so cold that your Christmas balls are jingling?  LOL 

Yeah temperatures here are about the same, 71 degrees.

...no wait a minute, those digits are in reverse order! LOL

Edited by GinBoy2

On 12/20/2019 at 11:16 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

It's not Xmas- it's Christmas, the celebration of the birth of Christ. IMO it should not be a holiday in Thailand because Buddhists don't believe in Jesus.

It shouldn't be a holiday in any western country either, because most people are not Christians.

If they want a holiday, at least be honest and call it something else.

All it is now is a pagan festival, which is what it used to be before the Christians co opted it.

Lighten up Francis and Merry Christmas to you.

5 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Lighten up Francis and Merry Christmas to you.

I didn't remember that in the movie, but as I didn't like the movie that's not surprising.

I'm with Francis- I'd like to have seen him kill Bill Murray's character.

Anyway happy eat too much, drink too much, spend too much holiday, all you TVF posters.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I didn't remember that in the movie, but as I didn't like the movie that's not surprising.

I'm with Francis- I'd like to have seen him kill Bill Murray's character.

Anyway happy eat too much, drink too much, spend too much holiday, all you TVF posters.

I didn't like the movie either. However "lighten up Francis" is a common internet meme.

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Never heard it before, and it seems I've spent half my life on the internet. Oh, the things I could have done if only I'd never joined TVF all those years ago!

Half your life? I didn't know the internet existed 80 years ago.... ????

• Haha 2

On 12/23/2019 at 6:00 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Santa and T shirts have nothing to do with religion, but have a happy holiday.

If Santa have nothing to do with religion.

why he only give the gift to the Christian kids.

He not come to the Buddhist kid?

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Yinn said:

If Santa have nothing to do with religion.

why he only give the gift to the Christian kids.

He not come to the Buddhist kid?

Sure he does----vid below

Also in photo below my wife, her sister and friends delivered gifts to autistic  kids at Chldren center yesterday

Plus I give gifts to my Thai family---wife ,nieces, nephews,father-in-law  ,ect

S__15917151.jpg

Edited by Tony125
  • Like 1

Maybe instead of religious holidays, once a year the whole world could have a week off.  Champions from every religion could compete in cage matches to prove who has the superior deity.  To the applause of the brainwashed fans of course.

Edited by Mick501
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mick501 said:

Maybe instead of religious holidays, once a year the whole world could have a week off.

Good idea.

1 hour ago, Mick501 said:

Champions from every religion could compete in cage matches to prove who has the superior deity.  To the applause of the brainwashed fans of course.

Bad idea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

You think a football match would be better ?

Maybe a good idea.

no more religion war. 

Just play football. 

World peace solution.

• Like 2