New terminal to help ease Don Mueang airport congestion

rooster59

New terminal to help ease Don Mueang airport congestion

By The Nation

800_29aef7ba9afcfad.jpg

Don Mueang International Airport held the main pillar erection ceremony for the construction of a passenger terminal at the parking area.

The airport’s deputy general manager (Operations), Major Kamon Wongsomboon, said that the two-storey building will be adjacent to the International Passenger Terminal 1 on the north side. This building will be used as a check-in point for group tours only.

Don Mueang 1.jpg

“This terminal will help reduce the congestion of passengers inside the airport,” he said. “The construction started on November 18 this year and will be completed on April 15 next year, while the construction period is 150 days.”

Don Mueang 3.jpg

He added that the operation may affect passengers and people travelling around.

Don Mueang 4.jpg

“We want to warn people to be careful when using routes in the airport area,” he added. “The airport will accept any comments or suggestions to improve the service further.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379705

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-22

Construction period of 150 days??? Using Thai construction companies, no way in hell it gets done.

But I think this is a great idea since so much of the mayhem at DMK is caused by the large tour groups from China blocking everything up. Hopefully they will have their own immigration area as well. It's not bad when the tour groups are stuffing the place up.

6 minutes ago, phkauf said:

Construction period of 150 days??? Using Thai construction companies, no way in hell it gets done.

It will be named the portacabin terminal. The biggest container building in Asia, probably the world.

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Why indeed. I was just about to write the same thing. Why build new when there's a large unused building already, the old domestic terminal?

I guess it depends on who is paying for the new one. But the old one next to Terminal 2 isn't very convenient for moving IOs between what will be two international terminals.  I wonder where they'll put the busses and where it will feed into the concourse. 

Archived