Bangkok: Eldest brother shoots both younger siblings dead

rooster59

Bangkok: Eldest brother shoots both younger siblings dead

shoot.JPG

Image: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that a 44 year old Thai man called Phanu Sirihongthong has been arrested for the murder of his two younger brothers.

Phanu shot Natthachai, 35, and Wasanat, 29 at an auto parts shop in Luang Road in the capital. 

The suspect has so far said nothing.

Samranrat police said it was not a complicated case.

It was a family dispute.

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-22

Before any Thai apologists comment on my post- I know this stuff happens all over the world BUT it seems we are reading crazy <deleted> like this every day now. When I came here to live 23 years ago I never read this stuff, but it seems to be escalating or am I wrong ?

8 minutes ago, generealty said:

Before any Thai apologists comment on my post- I know this stuff happens all over the world BUT it seems we are reading crazy <deleted> like this every day now. When I came here to live 23 years ago I never read this stuff, but it seems to be escalating or am I wrong ?

Well you did not have a 24 hour news cycle 23 years ago, your ability to read and follow news now has improved on a number of levels, and higher population, possibly easier access to firearms  

3 hours ago, generealty said:

It's always been going on you were probably unaware of it and alss now the Internet. Village I lived in nearly every year a murder (mostly stabbing and the odd shooting). These murders were over really trivial things. The village I lived in was just a typical Thai village and on the surface looked peaceful but scratch the surface and wow so ugly as is the rest of Thailand so put back on your rose coloured glasses and try to go into denial like quite a few on here but once your red pilled it's impossible to go back. 

6 hours ago, generealty said:

What reasons do you think may be the cause of it?

3 hours ago, Scot123 said:

The village I lived in was just a typical Thai village and on the surface looked peaceful but scratch the surface and wow so ugly as is the rest of Thailand

I imagine you must be well relieved to have left that hellhole. Actually, the rest of Thailand is not ugly, that is only an opinion people reach when they have had a negative experience.  Where I live is peaceful and there are the occasional family disputes, but no guns and knives stuff. I can't afford rose colored glasses.

8 hours ago, generealty said:

Did Thai visa exist back then? Who provided you with the daily crime reports

back in 1996?

20 hours ago, generealty said:

Yes, you're wrong.

How much media did you have then?

2 national English language papers, and the Channel 7 news at 9?

Now you have Thai Visa, social media sites etc etc reporting when someone farts.

It's the amount of media reporting that has escalated, they've always been killing each other over nothing. 

6 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Yes, you're wrong.

How much media did you have then?

2 national English language papers, and the Channel 7 news at 9?

Now you have Thai Visa, social media sites etc etc reporting when someone farts.

It's the amount of media reporting that has escalated, they've always been killing each other over nothing. 

A quarter of a century ago, newspapers were profitable and could afford to pay stringers. These freelancers, who were found in every village, were dedicated ambulance chasers who sought out stories to sell from every source, especially the police. So little went unreported. If there are more stories of violence today, it's likely be because there are more to report.

15 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

A quarter of a century ago, newspapers were profitable and could afford to pay stringers. These freelancers, who were found in every village, were dedicated ambulance chasers who sought out stories to sell from every source, especially the police. So little went unreported. If there are more stories of violence today, it's likely be because there are more to report.

Incorrect.

A newspaper only has so many pages.

Only a limited number - 1 or 2 - for crime.

1 page daily for national crime, that one may read, versus 1000s of media reports selected and sent directly to your handheld device as you sit on the toilet via Thai Visa and Twatbook. ????

28 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Incorrect.

A newspaper only has so many pages.

Only a limited number - 1 or 2 - for crime.

1 page daily for national crime, that one may read, versus 1000s of media reports selected and sent directly to your handheld device as you sit on the toilet via Thai Visa and Twatbook. ????

These are major crimes we are talking about, the type that have always been reported, not run-of-the-mill stodge. Also, crime stories are a big "seller", so they get the column inches they deserve, not just a set amount of space. So you're not entirely right. 

On 12/22/2019 at 12:47 PM, generealty said:

You're wrong.  It's just easier to get reports of instances like these into the media now.

Archived