Hua Hin: Expect traffic disruption as railway piers constructed in Bon Kai

rooster59

Hua Hin: Expect traffic disruption as railway piers constructed in Bon Kai

ff4-800x445.jpg

Image: TALK News Online

Hua Hin mayor Nopponm Wuthikun yesterday chaired a meeting with contractors from Chino - Thai, local police and other interested parties to discuss traffic arrangements in  Soi 88  and adjoining areas. 

The traffic flow needs to be changed as five piers and top pieces will be built in the area which is part of the Nakhon Pathon dual train track project. 

Locals can expect disruption in the coming weeks especially at a crossing where there will be lane reductions and a one way system in operation.

ff5-640x360.jpg

Source: TALK News Online

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-22

This is all in the name of progress. A high speed, dual rail system is about 30 years overdue. Thailand needs to get it's act together with regard to transportation. Unless you are flying, there are not many options here, to get around, and many of them involve highly dangerous and very inefficient public transportation. Due to the ongoing lack of creative solutions, the highways are absolutely jam packed with way too many trucks, many of which are old, slow, and love to hog the fast (do they know the definition of a fast lane?) lane.

The high speed rails are going to dramatically improve the quality of life for anyone living within a close proximity of them. 

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The high speed rails are going to dramatically improve the quality of life for anyone living within a close proximity of them. 

However, this is not part of the High Speed project which has still to get off the ground (figuratively speaking).  This is the dual track system which is planned all over Thailand and is for 'normal' trains.

The silly roundabout,  sorry the only half roundabout in existence, believe it or not has improved the traffic flow over that crossing compared with what was there before.

Massive u-turn bridges being build over the railroad tracks in every moo ban and village from North to South. Our village has a population of about 40 and a 200 million baht u-turn bridge is being built to get from one side of the tracks to the other, bigger than anything you'll see in BKK. Meanwhile the worst traffic jams in history at every red light on the main highway. Is this what they mean by backwards? ????

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Do you dare to bet on that? Lets say 10-15 years down the rails and take into consideration, quality of life for the residents, where we are, development management, population, culture,climate, etc. ????

3 hours ago, mickey rat said:

Massive u-turn bridges being build over the railroad tracks in every moo ban and village from North to South

Many of the U-turn bridges are sponsored by private companies.

This thread is about regular train traffic.  The dual track project is different to the High Speed project.  HS trains will run on a different guage.  It's going to be a while yet.

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This is all in the name of progress. A high speed, dual rail system is about 30 years overdue. Thailand needs to get it's act together with regard to transportation. Unless you are flying, there are not many options here, to get around, and many of them involve highly dangerous and very inefficient public transportation. Due to the ongoing lack of creative solutions, the highways are absolutely jam packed with way too many trucks, many of which are old, slow, and love to hog the fast (do they know the definition of a fast lane?) lane.

Er, the outside lane most 4+ lane highways is classed as the overtaking lane under Thai traffic law. The newly introduced trial 120 kph limit roads are an exception.

The dual track train is going to be great. I am really looking forward to seeing the new train station in Hua Hin and exploring the dozens of new stations being built all up and down the coast. This will be finished about the time I will stop riding my motorcycle so good timing for me. And I can go south to PKK even faster. The new train station at Bang Sue is going to be amazing. Super futuristic building. 

Don't forget to vote for me for POTY. Do it right now and you immortal soul will be saved.

I heard Hua Hin is being renamed Petticoat Junction.

The private car hire mafia or the coach mafias will suffer when the high speed railLink comes ... if it does ?

But when it does, others will suffer with the over population of the area and as usual, merchants heads will turn and your soapy will cost 100 US$  with no happy end for anybody ????. Progress in commuting has many benefits,  but unfortunately also can backfire when put within irresponsable hands.

16 minutes ago, mickey rat said:

Many? Can you give one example? Thanks! 

Oh dear, I knew that would come up.  I rarely post anything that can't be backed up but I have done in this case.  It came up some time ago when I was querying the validity of policemen wearing advertising jackets and similarly with police boxes.  I was told by the mayor at the time that the police boxes are paid for by private companies and also the cost of police jackets.  "Similarly, so are many of the U-turn bridges you see."

So, no, I can't personally back up that claim so I'll leave it alone.

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

The dual track train is going to be great. I am really looking forward to seeing the new train station in Hua Hin and exploring the dozens of new stations being built all up and down the coast. This will be finished about the time I will stop riding my motorcycle so good timing for me. And I can go south to PKK even faster. The new train station at Bang Sue is going to be amazing. Super futuristic building. 

Don't forget to vote for me for POTY. Do it right now and you immortal soul will be saved.

What surprises me most is the fact that they contract U-turn bridges where they could simply make a bridge, for a greater cost and greater profit I suppose for contractors, Thai logic evidently but all this lengthens the time of realization.

I am eagerly waiting for you to be able to use the train instead of other means of transport such as my scooter but seeing how the work on the majority of the bridges and pipelines of the new fast railway proceed, I fear that we would have to wait several years to be able to use the train, on many bridges I don't see anyone working for a long time or just too few average 5 or 6 workers for which reason I ignore it. So I foresee and I hope I'm wrong that we should wait at least 2 or 3 years longer than expected to take the semi-fast train and certainly not a high speed train, hoping that in the meantime also trains and locomotives will change.
I hope that you could go on your big bike for more a long time.????

21 hours ago, HHTel said:

However, this is not part of the High Speed project which has still to get off the ground (figuratively speaking).  This is the dual track system which is planned all over Thailand and is for 'normal' trains.

The silly roundabout,  sorry the only half roundabout in existence, believe it or not has improved the traffic flow over that crossing compared with what was there before.

Are you absolutely sure about that? I have been hearing about the high speed trains for ages now. And a dual track elevated track would have to include some new trains, and would be far faster than the old system, right? Are they going to spend billions on the elevated track, and then continue to use 60 year old equipment on them? That would be beyond inane.

Almost 100% (you can never be 100% sure in Thailand).  As far as I know, and all the info points to it, is that this is part of the dual track system planned for the whole of Thailand.  The elevated section is only 4km through Hua hin.  The rest is ground level.  More stations and better platforms to allow disabled etc etc. plus bridges and u-turns are also planned.

1 metre track is the most common in Thailand (over 4,000 kms) whereas 'standard track' is only laid in 80 kms

High Speed trains need a standard gauge track (1.4 mtrs).

1 hour ago, HHTel said:

Almost 100% (you can never be 100% sure in Thailand).  As far as I know, and all the info points to it, is that this is part of the dual track system planned for the whole of Thailand.  The elevated section is only 4km through Hua hin.  The rest is ground level.  More stations and better platforms to allow disabled etc etc. plus bridges and u-turns are also planned.

1 metre track is the most common in Thailand (over 4,000 kms) whereas 'standard track' is only laid in 80 kms

High Speed trains need a standard gauge track (1.4 mtrs).

And the program is only doubling the tracks, therefore the existing track I do not think we can speak of high speed at a maximum of 120/130 Km per hour and in any case no one spoke of high speed for the trains from Bangkok to Chumpong but only a doubling of the away, and in any case a very safe and fast means of transport for Thailand has also been told by the government that there is an intention to buy new trains for next year, but then all the high managers of the railway company have given the resign, why nobody know , only wait and see.....

16 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

watched this goofy show when I was kid, which one did you fantasize over?

Archived