Pirated goods: DSI raids in Saraburi net 50 million baht in fake goods from China

rooster59

Pirated goods: DSI raids in Saraburi net 50 million baht in fake goods from China

goods.JPG

Image: Channel 7 TV news

Police from the Department of Special Investigation raided two warehouses in separate areas of Saraburi yesterday following a one year investigation. 

They discovered 50 million baht in fake brand name goods such as glasses, sunglasses, belts and caps.

Brands included Gucci, CK and Chanel. 

A total of 158,000 items were seized and two managers were arrested, reported Channel 7 TV news. 

The products were imported from China via sea.

The inquiry is being expanded to arrest the masterminds behind the operation that had a turnover of around 300 million baht. 

Further arrests and asset seizures are expected. 

Source: Channel 7 TV news

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-22

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

following a one year investigation

A year of investigation!
They must not have worked much on the thing ...

In one day at Chatutchak market, I can find more than 50 million baht in fake brand name goods such as glasses, sunglasses, belts and caps.

the amount of fake goods in Thailand is everywhere.from nth to sth they sell from the back of cars to whatever.thais don,t care as long as it looks good for awhile then get the newest  model a few years later.it is the same everywhere in the world and asia.when I went to  Burma for passport control they always  wanted a new copy handbag they loved it.lasted a good year then a change to another.this find is a drop in the ocean

Some of the quality is not very good but I bought two pairs of Nike running shoes in Laos near Nong khai 2 years  for 700 baht.  Held together quite well.  I'm not a big runner but I can do 5-7 km and no soreness.   

Makes one realize how much profit is in the name brand Goods. Tennis shoes have 60 baht in material and cost 5000 baht in USA  or Thailand.  

9 hours ago, Elkski said:

Some of the quality is not very good but I bought two pairs of Nike running shoes in Laos near Nong khai 2 years  for 700 baht.  Held together quite well.  I'm not a big runner but I can do 5-7 km and no soreness.   

Makes one realize how much profit is in the name brand Goods. Tennis shoes have 60 baht in material and cost 5000 baht in USA  or Thailand.  

I think that is the bit that scares the original manufacturer. Not difficult to imagine they would find it worthwhile to drop a few Bob in the pocket of the investigators to come down on the fakes.

Archived