Are all the Apps on Play Store legal?

giddyup

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Thanks for your permission, but I'd like to know not to guess.

But please. I know some people have hard to read between the lines, but I guess you take the first prize in that division.

You are posting that you have downloaded an app that gives you access to all the totally new movies for free! Everyone understands that is illigal distribution of copyrighted material. Or maybe you think that Major Complex have given it out as a christmas and new year promotion to all good kids?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

But please. I know some people have hard to read between the lines, but I guess you take the first prize in that division.

You are posting that you have downloaded an app that gives you access to all the totally new movies for free! Everyone understands that is illigal distribution of copyrighted material. Or maybe you think that Major Complex have given it out as a christmas and new year promotion to all good kids?

Any Google check of free movie apps on Playstore will list dozens of options, are you saying all these are illegal and that Playstore happily allows illegal content to be advertised? https://www.digitbin.com/apps-stream-movies-online-android/ 

33 minutes ago, owenm said:

Normally Play Store would warn you if you have downloaded a malicious app..

What free movie apps have you downloaded and are concerned about.??

Are you using any antivirus and malware detection software? 

Movie CHD Lite and Movie Hub. I didn't get any warning and neither site suggested getting a VPN which can be a giveaway.

Edited by giddyup

8 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Any Google check of free movie apps on Playstore will list dozens of options, are you saying all these are illegal and that Playstore happily allows illegal content to be advertised? https://www.digitbin.com/apps-stream-movies-online-android/ 

I do not need to check that! You are the one that stated it was new movies. If they offer new movies, without any kind of monthly fee or fee per movie. Then it will be illigal.

I can not answer for what Google do. What I do know is that it´s illegal to show new movies that goes in cinema or just come out on sale for free. For that not to be illegal, the maker of the application must pay for all. Do you believe anybody will be that generous?

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

I do not need to check that! You are the one that stated it was new movies. If they offer new movies, without any kind of monthly fee or fee per movie. Then it will be illigal.

I can not answer for what Google do. What I do know is that it´s illegal to show new movies that goes in cinema or just come out on sale for free. For that not to be illegal, the maker of the application must pay for all. Do you believe anybody will be that generous?

They make money through advertising.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Movie CHD Lite and Movie Hub.

Just look at Movie CHD Lite. Normally there are pictures showing the apps and how they work. They just show a logo. It´s an illegal app that links to other sites and databases that stream the movie to your device. For Google to see all this takes time, but eventually they will take the app away.

The same goes for Movie Hub. Here they have a short description and a database of movies. After that a link to where you can watch it. The app is linking to copyrighted material and that´s why it becomes illegal. Although it´s same hard to prove that as that PirateBay and 1337x is illegal torrent sites. That due to that they do not store any illegal files on their own servers.

I hope that explaination will make you understand how it works. You will always be the one breaking the law by looking at the information provided in the link that is downloaded from another server online.

Edited by Matzzon

4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Just look at Movie CHD Lite. Normally there are pictures showing the apps and how they work. They just show a logo. It´s an illegal app that links to other sites and databases that stream the movie to your device. For Google to see all this takes time, but eventually they will take the app away.

The same goes for Movie Hub. Here they have a short description and a database of movies. After that a link to where you can watch it. The app is linking to copyrighted material and that´s why it becomes illegal. Although it´s same hard to prove that as that PirateBay and 1337x is illegal torrent sites. That due to that they do not store any illegal files on their own servers.

There are literally hundreds of similar movie apps on Playstore. I've deleted them now anyway.

Edited by giddyup

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

There are literally hundreds of similar movie apps on Playstore.

Sure there is. As well as there are hundreds of torrent sites to download from. As all the apps they link to copyrighted material and do not store the things you download on their own servers. It becomes you that follow the link and use the copyright material from the server they have linked to, that is going to be the one definately breaking the law.

You asked if they were illegal, and I´ve explained it to you. Noe you have to understand the information given. There is no other way to explain this, and what I post here for you to understand is 100 % true.

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:
21 hours ago, giddyup said:

Reason I ask is that I installed a couple of free movie Apps that have all the latest movies with no subscription.

typically apps like that collect your personal information off your phone.

and empty your bank account ????

8 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You know of cases where this has happened?

you know there are state players doing this. China is creating a file on every person on this planet. 

TikTok is a social media app that the Chinese intelligence agencies are using to collect info.

it not a game. and speaking of games I would like to please ask everyone right now to take a moment to vote for me for POTY.

OP, you will find the apps are not hosting the content, they are just front ending torrent downloads. They are not uploading movies, sharing movies, downloading movies etc, they just point you to where the movie (or bits of it ) is. So in that respect they are not illegal. Torrenting software isn't illegal, what the user does with it is.

If I send you a link where you can download the latest blockbuster, I haven't done anything illegal.

If you read the fine-print when you install the apps, they most likely say as much in the T&C.

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, you will find the apps are not hosting the content, they are just front ending torrent downloads. They are not uploading movies, sharing movies, downloading movies etc, they just point you to where the movie (or bits of it ) is. So in that respect they are not illegal. Torrenting software isn't illegal, what the user does with it is.

If I send you a link where you can download the latest blockbuster, I haven't done anything illegal.

If you read the fine-print when you install the apps, they most likely say as much in the T&C.

I played a couple of late release movies just out of interest and they played perfectly with no ads except at the beginning. Admittedly I didn't play the movies all the way through. When I opened the app there were literally hundreds of movies to choose from and once I clicked on one it started playing immediately, didn't direct me to another site.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

That's not always true, Popcorn for example is not an app to an torrent, they show instantly the movie you'll ask.

• 3 years later...
On 6/19/2023 at 8:14 PM, BillieWenders said:

I know it's an old thread, but I stumbled upon it while searching for similar info. The Play Store is a hub for a ton of apps, and while most are legit, there can be some shady ones too.

As for movie apps offering free access to the latest films without a subscription, it's important to exercise caution. Some of these apps may violate copyright laws or distribute pirated content, which is definitely not legal. It's best to stick to legitimate streaming services to enjoy movies legally and support the creators. Speaking of apps, I'm a mobile gamer myself and love playing games on my phone. Recently, I came across a post asking Is Blackout Bingo legit ? And it caught my attention. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm always on the lookout for legit and fun games to play. If anyone here has any insights, I'd appreciate your thoughts.