ATMs with no fees

kartoshka

11 hours ago, kartoshka said:

It accepts VISA only. I have MC

By the way, ABA bank won't open an account on any visa, as you've said in other topic. They require 6 month visa

That is not correct.

I opened an account on a 30 day tourist visa.

They require proof of residence which can be one of several things. A longer stay visa is just one of the possible proofs they will accept.

8 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

That is not correct.

I opened an account on a 30 day tourist visa.

They require proof of residence which can be one of several things. A longer stay visa is just one of the possible proofs they will accept.

I went to 2 ABA banks, and they both told me "6 month visa". It's possible that they themselves interpret the rules freely and aren't aware of the nuances.  And language barrier.

I don't rent an appartment here for 6 months and don't plan to, because I never rent an appartment for such a long time. How can I open an account with ABA? how to prove them what they require?

11 hours ago, kartoshka said:

I went to 2 ABA banks, and they both told me "6 month visa". It's possible that they themselves interpret the rules freely and aren't aware of the nuances.  And language barrier.

I don't rent an appartment here for 6 months and don't plan to, because I never rent an appartment for such a long time. How can I open an account with ABA? how to prove them what they require?

They require any one of the following. Visa is just one option, and it does not have to be a 6 month visa but rather a visa history of 6 months consecutive stay.

"Proof of residence includes the followings:

• One-time visa or multiple visas with consecutive 182-day stay or more from one visa to another; or
  • House rental contract (hotel bill) indicating at least 6-month tenor, or
  • Proof of employment (employment contract, certificate of employment, or business license for self-employed) indicating at least 6-month employment."

https://www.ababank.com/savings-account/

I got it on a tourist visa, no consecutive 6 month stay, no rental contract but I had an employment contract showing intermittent work over a more than 6 month period.

If you have none of the above then yes, you have a problem.

If not living in Cambodia why do you want a bank account? If you are living there why don't you have  a longer visa?

30 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

If not living in Cambodia why do you want a bank account? If you are living there why don't you have  a longer visa?

I may want a bank account for multiple reasons.

Because I haven't come to a point to obtain a long visa yet. Say, I came here a 3 days ago, this time. And I need a bank account now. 

* rental agreement for 6 months? As I've said, I never rented a property anywhere for 6 months, I always rent it monthly.

* employment - I don't work in the country

* 182 days of staying - I haven't stayed 182 days yet, and I may not want to stay this long, or not this time.

16 minutes ago, kartoshka said:

I may want a bank account for multiple reasons.

Because I haven't come to a point to obtain a long visa yet. Say, I came here a 3 days ago, this time. And I need a bank account now. 

* rental agreement for 6 months? As I've said, I never rented a property anywhere for 6 months, I always rent it monthly.

* employment - I don't work in the country

* 182 days of staying - I haven't stayed 182 days yet, and I may not want to stay this long, or not this time.

Well then indeed you do nto qualify for an ABA account.

I think Canadia bank may be easier.

https://www.canadiabank.com.kh/en/saving_account.aspx

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

I had an employment contract showing intermittent work over a more than 6 month period.

also, I read at a blog that someone guessed that an individual-farang can create a contract with some firm here, say, for doing work on their website. Say, for $100/month or any salary, for 6 months for instance, as a freelancer. And this will allow him to become qualified to open account in banks here, even though he's a tourist/farang and has only a tourist visa. Do you know anything about this topic?

Archived