Importing goods into Thailand

cheddarr

Hello, I am wanting to import boxes of a Hair oil product into Thailand for resale. The total value is around $1100 Canadian ( 26,000 baht).

What kind of documentation will i need to get this to pass through customs? and where can i find such documentation online?

Thankyou.

You will need to get a certificate from the Thai FDA (Or-Yor). Note that this is not the customs agency. Customs will require this documentation to allow the import.

Your application to the FDA will need to include a complete list of ingredients as well as a bunch of things which you can not get except directly from the manufacturer.   So hopefully you are buying this directly from the factory, or your distributor can get the required information directly from the manufacturer.  All of this has to be done online through their electronic system, and you will need to visit their offices to get the password that allows you to register your company in their systems.

Once your products have been properly imported, you will need to print a sticker that you put on each product with the required information in Thai, including the number that the Or Yor assigned you after approving the import.  It is kind of a challenge. You can do it yourself, including applying for an import permit through your company if you don't want to use an agent, but it will be substantially easier to just hire a lawyer to do it. The paperwork is significant and it is all in Thai.

Archived